[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here have experience with rotator cuff injuries? Mine's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: rotatorcuff.png (65KB, 390x343px) Image search: [Google]
rotatorcuff.png
65KB, 390x343px
Anyone here have experience with rotator cuff injuries?

Mine's been bugging me for a while now, but I finally just took the last week off of lifting to let it heal. Yesterday, I did pic related with no weight, and a couple other shoulder stretches, and the thing bothered me like I had just deadlifted on it.

Does it just need more time? More stretching/strengthening? Or at this point should I just go see a doctor/physical therapist?
>>
File: S2PEC_EX_M_2.jpg (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
S2PEC_EX_M_2.jpg
88KB, 600x600px
You got a rear delt fly machine at your gym?

That's your new best friend.
>>
>>41758967
If it's been bugging you for a while you should probably see the doctor.

Mine was hurting for about a month so I finally went to the orthopedic doctor. He said it was inflammation of my rotator cuff. I could either do ibuprofen 3x a day for 3 weeks, a cortisone shot, or physical therapy.
>>
>>41758980

Damn, don't have one. You think face pulls would be enough?

>>41759024

Yeah, I'd say mine has been over a month. Which did you end up doin?
>>
I still have shoulder impingement/rotator cuff problems lasting for several months. Facepulls and rear delt work helped alot. Also stopped any benching and it's just fine.
>>
>>41759057
I chose PT since with the cortisone shot, the doctor said I basically can't use it for 2 weeks, and that won't work with my job. Also I will probably do the ibuprofen in addition to help reduce the inflammation.
>>
>>41758967
Mine took 8 weeks
>>
>>41759057
just do them with dumb bells BRAH
>>
Follow what your PHYSIO tells you to do
>>
Mine are fucked

I've obsessively done face pulls, dumbbell and machine rear delt flies, stretches with bands, foam rolling and rotator cuff exercises like in the OP pic for about 2 years now and have seen zero improvement

So sure, give all that a try, but if there is permanent damage then you wont see improvement

Also tried fish oil and glucosamine and megacissus and probably 10 other supplements I can't recall
>>
>>41758967
>>41759276
You're doing it wrong.

Try internal and external rotation instead. Use a cable fly machine at the lowest weight. I've fixed fucked rotator cuffs and a dislocated shoulder with this a few times.
>>
>>41758967
wtf is that? You're supposed to move your arm from straight forward (like a dumbell benchpress at the top) to like the first picture.
>>
>>41759288
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFnx9sA_LCs
For the external rotation though, try to keep your elbow close to your trunk.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.