[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How sore should I feel post gym? I only started recently from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 22222222.jpg (29KB, 460x287px) Image search: [Google]
22222222.jpg
29KB, 460x287px
How sore should I feel post gym?

I only started recently from complete DYEL mode and already made some improvements in some areas in moving up on weights, in others still the same, but getting more reps in comfortably.

The only thing is, I'm not that sore post work out. I'm sore at the time and my arms wobble and I struggle to do the set, but the only thing that aches at any point afterwards are my triceps or biceps, even when I wake up the day after.

I read through some sticky stuff and online articles but they all say different things about whether or not being sore is good.

Cheers for the help
>>
>>41757925
Generally I only had real soreness when I started out, for the first week, afterwards it was fine. Your muscles get used to training rather quickly.
>>
>>41757969
Great, thanks, so the lazy hypothesis I'm suggesting that no muscle soreness doesn't equal a bad/useless workout is generally true then and I will still improve?
>>
>>41757989
No it doesn't equal that. But your workout might still be shit.
>>
>>41758028
Noted andthank you
>>
>>41758028
Yeah correct, as soon as your muscles are accustomed to the exercise they won't be shocked and won't grow. You could try shocking it with some ridiculous 1RM every now and then.
>>
>>41758163
*my bad, I didn't meat to say that they won't grow. You won't feel that pain you are talking about.
>>
>>41757925
I very much doubt you are working till failure. That's the only way to build. Destroy your muscles. Make sure every fucking movement cause that doms wince.

I was going normal shit too just coasting. I realized soon enough that my muscles were actually stronger than I thought they'd have been and really I wasn't doing shit. So I switched up and always work to failure now. Always add weight on the last set and make those lazy muscles feel it.

Your body is a lazy motherfucker. It will try and trick you into thinking you are doing a real good workout because it wants to stop doing shit. That's the only reason it gets easier every time. It's your bodies way of saying "fuck this shit I'm not going through that again."

DOMS is love. Your body screams fuck you for 2-3 days because it's mad and wants you to never do that shit again, but it's not stupid and suspect you will try to do that shit again and so fixes itself to prepare for it.

The heart does the same with cardio. You think it wants to max itself out do all that fucking work when it was fine chilling all day while you sat on your ass? Fuck no, so the next time you do it, it makes life easier for itself and learns to do its job better.

Your body is lazy. When you stop training the first thing it's concerned with is getting rid of all this shit, which you don't actually need to live and it can go back to doing the literal minimal amount necessary.

It's all about mind control and you have to complete mind control over your body.

So go lower motherfucker. Add more weight. And besides, DOMS gets easier to deal with because the brain starts going yeah whatever bitch to it.

Do remember that DOMS is different to actual pain. If you really fuck up the body will tell you and then you actually do have to listen to it. DOMS is pain from you making your body do a better job. Actual pain is your body telling you it can't do it any job.
>>
>>41758232
Very helpful and insightful post, thank you.

I guess I need to push myself more.

Is it better to just crawl over the finish line and finish 3 reps of 10 or be physically defeated at rep 8 on the third set ? That's the confusing thing here
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.