[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help a newfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0307.jpg (654KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0307.jpg
654KB, 3264x2448px
Started going to the gym for the first time in years 4 days ago. Always been scrawny, always wanted to look ripped. Since I was 17 I always ran every weekend to stay skinny. Now I'm 19 out of school, and want to get Big. Checked results today, weight 141.6 pounds, Height 5'10, Body fat percentage 24.6! What the fuck. Is my scale bullshiting me or am I skinny fat? Someone please give me a beginner routine to gain muscle.
>>
If that is a current photo of you then you're not 24.6% bodyfat.

As to routine do stronglift
>>
>>41751870
I shit you not that's what the scale says. Does being type 1 diabetic affect that shit maybe?
>>
File: IMG_0308.jpg (572KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0308.jpg
572KB, 3264x2448px
>>41751902
>>
Dude you're not 25% body fat.

There are better ways to calculate body fat.
>>
>>41751902
That thing is inaccurate as fuck, if you were 25% body fat you'd be a fat fuck with visible beer belly and love handles.

Judging from that photo alone I'd say 15%, the reason why you can't see abs is probably because you're untrained.

Training the muscle group will make it more visible etc.
>>
>>41751902
Are you me? Also Type 1 diabetic who just started going to the gym. I weigh about 20 pounds more than you and am the same height, but you only look like you have a slightly lower bf than me.

Doctor told me that insulin, or rather how often we have to use it, can actually be beneficial and assist in muscle growth, but she didn't sound like she was entirely sure.
>>
>>41752168
Hey insulin brother. I was also told that taking Insulin provides benefits in muscle growth, however I haven't seen any results in my stomach after cardio and occasionally abdominal exercises like pull ups, planks, and all that other shit.
>>
File: 1496817298968-fit.png (291KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1496817298968-fit.png
291KB, 700x700px
>>41752216
Interesting, I've seen some pretty quick growth in my arms in the last couple months, but nothing that looks crazy.

>my diet is still shit
>BG was running in the low 300's for the last half of the day yesterday

Pls don't take my feet, God
>>
>>41752377
Been having to stay up late because my blood keeps dropping below 50's past midnight. Doc refuses to drop my Lantus dose due to my a1c always being a fucking mess. If I die during a seizure in my sleep, I at least wanna go out beffed up.
>>
>>41752531
22 now, diagnosed at 2, and that's still the scariest fucking thing to me. Even during the first couple years of college where I really neglected my care, I always checked before I went to bed.

I remember when I was like 13, I went to sleep at like 112, and woke up screaming and crying on my living room couch with my dad and brother trying to force feed me maple syrrup. Started seizing the fuck out in my sleep and my bro got woken up by it. Fucking bloodsugar of 22.

As soon as you get your shit in gear, talk to the doc. A1c just came down from a 10.1 to a 8.9, breakup stress and senior project fucking destroyed me. Gym has totally changed how I feel though.
>>
>>41752557
I feel you man. I've been diagnosed since 10 and never really gave a shit much about it except the lows. It fucking sucks knowing the the shit you're taking to keep you alive could be pretty much lead to the end of you if you pull one little misstep. Congratulations on the a1c drop man, working towards it. As soon as I get it down I'm going with a pump. I've been relying on injections daily for far to long now.
>>
>>41752665
Nice, nice. Been using a pump since third grade and it's great, you just can't get lax about it. I don't really know any other diabetics that aren't fatty type 2's except my brother who was recently diagnosed. If you ever wanna talk insulin or pump shit, my kik is crusadefag.
>>
>>41751857
Cheap scales are worth less than nothing.

SS + GOMAD
>>
>>41752707
Holy shit that's funny. My brother was also diagnosed around the same time as me. No others in our family had it so I guess we hit the fucking lottery practically.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.