[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to gym life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

So I've decided I'm tired of being a fat fuck, and read the sticky all the way through. It went over everything I need, except one thing; choosing a gym. There's a couple out here, including a Planet Fitness, but I'm not sure which one to go with. As well I'm pretty new to gym life and one hell of an introvert, so I was wondering what to expect when going to the gym, what I should look out for, things like that.
>>
look for the weights and lift them
>>
>>41751758

Honestly man the worst thing you can do is be so self-conscious.

The thing is that, in spite of this being /fit/, most of the people at the gym are not at all represented by the autists here.

Most people at gyms are taking control of their body and life so they're friendly, welcoming, and more than happy help you out if you ask for it. If anything, it's super motivating to see a fat fuck at the gym because that's where you need to be. Just keep showing up.

There was this fat dude who used to go the gym all the time, work out hard, and honestly he was one of the most motivating people there.

Nobody is going to judge you. If anyone did, people like me would be the first to put them in their place. We all started somewhere.

Just start with the weight you can handle safely, and PLEASE wipe down equipment when you're done with it.

This is your new journey, good luck! <3
>>
>>41751874
Hey thanks! Maybe I am being too self-conscious. Hopefully I'll be getting my membership come tomorrow then
>>
>>41751758
Don't go to planet fitness, try to find a gym that feels less commercial as possible. The equipment is horrible and the peole have awful mentalities. It's in the gyms in that shitty neighborhood where the lights flicker and it smells of heavy sweat that you'll meet the nicest, most welcoming persons. Commercial gyms will try to fool you with marketing and colorful decorum. I'm speaking to you as someone who was hopelessly introverted before joining a gym. The natural expectation is to think a gym full of sweaty, grunting big guys will be less comfortable or more humiliating for you, compared to a place full of smiling women and weak people: it's wrong. May look scary or aggressive to you on the outside, but they're just people like you on the inside. They all started where you were and will not judge you, they will respect you for improving yourself and they will just mind their own business. They'll help you and give you tips if you ask them. And eventually you'll grow a bit less autismal and be glad you picked this kind of gym.
>>
>>41752000
This but it can be hard to find the comfy gym

I'd say just start out with Planet Fitness if you don't have any alternatives atm

Then when you feel like it is too shit to go to anymore switch

While lifting there you will probably hear / read of alternatives that you can check out

If not you risk staying in this limbo where you "just gotta find the perfect gym" and it drags on for years
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.