[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this count as making it, bros?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: made it bros.jpg (773KB, 1008x662px) Image search: [Google]
made it bros.jpg
773KB, 1008x662px
Does this count as making it, bros?
>>
File: 1486861459033.png (785KB, 768x771px) Image search: [Google]
1486861459033.png
785KB, 768x771px
>>41747605
Yes, that is more than making it.

>tfw no statue
>>
>Olympic Gold medal winner
>loses all the fat, becomes Chad and a reality tv star
>starts transitioning to Schlager musik
Nigga is living all his dreams and always seems like having fun with it.
He's the quintessential "making it" person.
>>
>reading interview with Matthias Steiner after he lost all the weight
>265 lb snatch, 330 lb clean and jerk, 440 lb squat
>I am stronger than him now
>I am stronger than an Olympic gold medalist
>feels good man
Chigishev should have won the gold, but the power of dead wife was too great.
>>
>>41747957
How do I into oly lifting?
Where do you include them in your routine etc.?

>Chigishev should have won the gold, but the power of dead wife was too great
Explain pls
>>
File: dead wife power.jpg (38KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
dead wife power.jpg
38KB, 500x337px
>>41747978
Chigishev was the Russian super in 2008. He is not very well known, but he has one of the highest Sinclair coefficients of all time (meaning that his strength:weight, and overall performance, is among the best lifters of all time). He weighed probably <125kg in 2008. He snatched 210kg and clean and jerked 250kg, which is insane for his weight. That gave him a 460kg total, and his gold medal was basically in the bag after all his attempts.

Steiner, meanwhile, weighed about 150kg. He snatched 203kg in the snatch phase, which is not too great for a super (current WR is 217). He also had missed 235kg clean and jerk in the back, which is unbelievable considering that is nothing for a super. His coach told him he had to hit 246kg, and he missed his first attempt. They moved the weight up to 248kg, and Steiner hit it for a bronze medal.

Then, on his 3rd and final attempt, and the last lift of the entire Olympics, they went for 258kg. Steiner had never even hit that kind of weight in training, I believe, much less in competition. It is probably top 20 all time, and top 10 post-reset of the weight classes.

Steiner came out and hit 258kg clean and jerk and took the gold medal away from Chigishev.

It was one of the most emotional lifts in the history of the Olympics because Steiner had basically been abandoned by Austria as a weightlifter, and had married a German woman. He got German citizenship and became a weightlifter for Germany. One year before the Olympics, Steiner's wife died in a car crash.

On the podium, he held up a picture of his dead wife in one hand, and the gold medal in the other. I still get a bit choked up just thinking about it.
>>
>>41747978
>How do I into oly lifting?
>Where do you include them in your routine etc.?
I would find a gym nearby that has certified coaches. If you're in the US, it's USAW. Go to their website and find official clubs in your area. Whatever country you're in probably has a federation. Go to that website and find a club near you. Go and ask for training/coach.

I recommend getting a coach because the lifts are so insanely technical. It's not just nearly impossible to learn on your own, it's a waste of time. Someone teaching you is the best way.

If a Crossfit box is your only option, do your research first. Find one that has good athletes (regional level athletes) and then go there. Ask for training from one of them, or from the best coach they have. Don't go to some shitty Crossfit box because you will end up injured.

As far as how you fit them into your program, you usually do them every day. I.e. the snatch and clean and jerk, or some variation, every day that you lift.

I would recommend just doing high pulls or powers if you're going to do it casually. The full lifts are really, really technical, and you can hurt yourself if you're not careful.
>>
>>41747682
>>41747957
>>41748020
that's not Steiner on that statue, it's paul anderson
>>
>>41748052
I was responding to >>41747682, I didn't look too closely at the photo. I thought it was Vasily at first glance.
>>
>>41748041
>I would recommend just doing high pulls or powers if you're going to do it casually.
Yeah I guess I will thanks
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.