[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

squats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0545.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0545.png
2MB, 750x1334px
When I squat I do not feel my glutes and hamstrings are as engaged as they should be. Anyone have any tips? I've attempted various techniques suggested in other threads, but none seem to work.
>>
>>41746525
lately ive been doing kettlebell swings with the 40lbs to activate my glute and hips. It's been working great desu

or try some GHRs from 90 degrees to fully upright
>>
>>41746525
go deeper and squeeze them at the top
>>
>>41746525
Put two 2.5kg/5lbs plates on the ground behind you when you are at the racked bar. They should the same width as your stance when you squat.

After you pick up the bar, step back and put only your heels on the plates.

Squat as your normally would, but focus more on shifting the weight on the heels of your feet.
>>
>>41746525
Low bar squat leaning backward to engage the hamstring (feel the stretch). Also squeese glutes at the top as hard as you can.
>>
>>41746525
Lower faggot
Stop quarter reppin. Drop weight if you need to
>>
>>41746525
What works for me is if i just clench my butt cheeks at the lowest point of the squat and hold them until you're straight up. Practice on lower weight though.
>>
>>41746525
Squats are overrated for hamstring/glute activation, unless you do low bar, but even then it's overrated. High bar focuses mostly on quads. RDL's, stiff legged deadlifts, general deadlifts are going to be better at targeting the hammies and glutes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k49Hqnd2iSg&index=2&list=LL4G6kYiher_ZM-DScgyaP7A
>>
>>41746525
Ass to grass
>>
>>41746623
I've seen people (mostly women) doing that thing with the heels on small plates at the gym. Isn't this as bad as using the pussy pad while squating? Am I not supposed to be able to squat with my own balance?
>>
>>41746525
try sumo squats or at the very least a wider stance
>>
>>41746859
It's not at all comparable to the pussy pad. Most high level athletes who have to squat somehow (powerlifters/weightlifters) have a shoe with a higher heel. It only makes the squat easier by putting you in a more optimal position.
>>
>>41746525
front squats, deadlifts and this may have just been me, but dumbell lunges also helped immensely. You could also try romanian split squats or barbell hip thrusts, though the latter is one I'm still working on getting right.
>>
>>41746525
Those aren't really muscle groups primarily targeted by the squat as they have more or less only a stabilizing function in the exercise. Deadlifts, good mornings, back extensions or glute-ham raises are "better" options.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.