[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /fit/ I need some help getting involved with meditation,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
Hello /fit/

I need some help getting involved with meditation, I do it once a month and don't stick with it, try third eye activation and have the most vivid dreams and find it hard to get motivated to stick with it.

Any tips? Help? Books? Videos? Stories from your personal life?

All would be greatly appreciated, thankyou so much!
>>
I'll bump it up once
>>
Bump for interest
>>
headspace app
>>
If youre doing mediation to "activate" a third eye, youre doing it wrong.

Its a great tool for self-reflection and actualization. Its great for keeping your life objective, remaining calm throughout the day, and for dealing with the shit life throws at yout. What its not, is some >>>/x/ bullshit. If thats what youre trying to achieve, thats where you need to go
>>
>>41746361
I can only give you my experience with it.

For me getting into meditation was a very hard thing to do. I'm now 26. I meditated for the first time at about 22-23.

When I first got started I thought there were some benefits. I wasn't exactly sure but I had read about all these great things so I wanted to find out. I tried doing quiet mind meditation or void mind. Basically it's trying to reach a state where you don't have any thoughts popping up in your head and you are in a relaxed state, aware of your senses and breath.

At first I would struggle really hard to keep my mind thought free and I would absolutely dread meditation. It would take me an entire day to mentally prepare to be able to do a good 3 minutes of meditation.

I would meditate a few days in a row then skip weeks. This continued for about a year.

After that year I told myself I want to get serious and tried some streaks of daily meditation at evening. I started to dread it less and less. I started to notice how calm and under control I was after a session. I noticed how other aspects of my life improved. I would have sessions everyday for weeks, then sometimes quit a week and have a random session here and there.

Now the last year I do not at all dread doing my practis. I still don't do it every day but. Almost every day I take some time to at least meditate once. when I meditate I have an morning and an evening session. Most of the times only 10 minutes but If I'm feeling it I can go up to 20 to 25 minutes. During this session I also use visualization and vibration.

It really helps you become stronger and better. Especially mentally, and that's what you need first and foremost before anything else.

It's a procces to get into meditation and actually like it. or atleast for me it was.

I don't regret it at all the benefits are clear and I'm glad I started doing this at this relatively young age.
>>
>>41746361
Stop relying on motivation, you fuck. Are you 14 or what? Grow the fuck up and develop some discipline.
>>
File: ohhh boy.jpg (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
ohhh boy.jpg
7KB, 205x246px
>>41746361
>mfw strain too hard trying to open third eye and shit myself instead
>>
here op
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKncH1M1hU0
ultra extremely underrated channel
there is also meditation on part 18 and some variations
should help
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.