[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice for lower body workout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hey fit, need advice in relation to a lower body workout.

Background: I'm 5'7 and been lifting hard for about two years. Diet hasn't been too good recently, I'm 138lbs in this photo which was taken two weeks ago.

At the start of the year, I was 150lbs. Shortly after, I fucked up my lower back - a sacrialic issue. I can't squat or deadlift without my lower back hurting like fuck. I'm seeing a soft tissue therapist which has helped a bit, but not too much. Doctors and physios don't help either.

I would like a lower body workout that would ideally not strain my lower back too much. Squats are off the table, as well as deadlifts. I've lost a significant amount of weight and can't seem to gain it back because (a) muscle lost off my legs; and (b) less testosterone released from training lower body which translates to less test overall.

Thanks /fit/, mucho appreciated. Hoping to train my legs without further injurying my lower body. I've been trying to recover from it for 6 months, but this has gone on far too long.
>>
SQUATS AND OATS
start with the empty bar, work way up very slowly.

>5'7
>>
>>41737994
Lunges are now your friend. Heavy ass calf raises, very slow reps and pause at the peak. Sumo diddlys if you can manage, low weight. Not trying to be an asshole here, serious, but how have you been lifting for two years? I've been lifting for 5 months after what was essentialy a 3 year break - bad back - and I might be a bit smaller than you.
>>
>>41737994
hack squat and sumo deadlift end with leg curls.
>>
I'm getting knee surgery in one month and can't put pressure on my knee at the moment(which means I can't squat and deadlift for the time). Until I can put pressure on my knee again, I'm only doing upper body training, but I've noticed that it's difficult to train the lower back without using your legs. Are there any exercises you can recommend, that train the lower back without putting pressure on the knee?
>>
>>41738389
You sound shit out of luck. Thinking positively though, you're not going to find your self in a position where a ripped lower back could be useful any time soon, ay?
>>
>>41737994
>lifting two years for this
>>
>>41738532
If it's not possible, then it's not possible. Thought I'd try to make the most out of it and train as much body parts as possible.
>>
>>41737994
Your post reads like you came from r/fitness. Idgaf but anons might call you out and shit up your thread. I'm giving you a heads up for future posts.
Anyway,
Can you at least do sumo deadlift and front squat? They involve more quads and less lower back than the conventional versions. You can substitute them in a premade routine like gzcl, jnt, 531, phul, whatever in the place of the back squat and deadlift
If you can't even perform those, give hack squats, Bulgarian split squats and walking barbell lunges a try. If you can perform a GHR and your gym has the equipment, do that too.
If you can't even do those, honestly you're shit out of luck. You could do leg press, hanging leg raises, leg curls and knee extensions, as well as donkey kickbacks, calf raises and the adductor/abductor machines, but it's 8 exercises that produce inferior results compared to literally doing just squats. Then again, something is always more than nothing
>>
Fuck, disregard >>41738972, I just read >>41738389. I thought your lower back was injured.
Well yeah there is, stiff leg deadlifts and GHR. Good mornings work too but I dislike them.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.