[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to work out, but have fear of exercising around others

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: wojak_by_toshitne-d8sqsel.png (242KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wojak_by_toshitne-d8sqsel.png
242KB, 1024x1024px
Hello, I have a problem. Currently, I'm "out of shape" and want to develop a physique as well as a healthier lifestyle. However, I cannot bring myself to act upon my wishes by going to a gym, mainly because of my past history of getting bullied/harassed.

It is irrelevant whether I am in good shape or not, I simply want to practice myself. Is it possible to develop a decent physique at home or in an isolated area without equipment? If so, could you recommend exercises, etc.

Thank you. Pic related (i'm quite pathetic)
>>
just start going
nobody gives a shit about you srsly
>>
>>41736487
>>41736487
Don't feel pathetic everyone has to start somewhere and as long as you actually work out you are going to get a decent look going. Pushups,Planks,Pullups(get a pullup bar),Bodyweight squats,Curls(get some barbells). You can really do a ton when starting with just basic shit.
>>
>>41736487
Nike. Slay that gym dragon friendo
>>
>>41736487
Yo OP, it's best that you realise that your problem is a very common one, and most people - especially those who used to be 'unfit'- were in your position. They felt conscious and scared about going. I did too, but now I don't mind at all, despite coming to the gym in ugly ass and too-big tshirts. If you really want to develop yourself, it's all about pushing your boundaries and placing yourself in new environments and ideas, despite what you've grown up and think about. Lifestyle just isn't what you do physically, but also how you approach it mentally.

So if you're thinking like how you are right now, you won't go anywhere. Trust me, from my own personal experience.

Bring a mate, or bring someone you know that works out with you to the gym. Just do it, and don't let your feelings control how you act.

Best of luck
>>
>>41736487
Studying up how to properly begin and do your exercise and using weights with proper form on youtube will make you have less of your anxiety
>>
>>41736487
you've got to indentify why you're afraid of exercising around others. is it because you think you'll look retarded?
>>
>>41736487
I hesitated for a couple weeks before actually going my first time. What they say is true. No one gives a fuck about you and you should just go.
>>
I had fears like that too but when I got to the gym and left my glasses at the locker room I realized I can't see properly if someone smiles at how pathetic I am or not. Went home without changing a shirt with crazy wet stains it was evening so I haven't noticed anyone laughing at my booby sweat. Felt more free than ever.
>>
Everyone who ever went to the gym their first time felt the same way. All of us included. We all had to overcome it to better ourselves and you are no exception. So just shut up and go. As soon as you get there and start your first set those thoughts are dead
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.