[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fasting to increase HGH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: musclefu.jpg (179KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
musclefu.jpg
179KB, 960x960px
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110403090259.htm

>During the 24-hour fasting periods, HGH increased an average of 1,300 percent in women, and nearly 2,000 percent in men.

would this have a big effect on strength/size if you did say two 24hr fasts a week?
>>
>>41735876
It's called intermittent fasting which everyone is doing now.

So no issues.
>>
Who he fuck has a bidet like that
>>
>>41735925
I'm planning on doing IF, would taking a scoop of bcaas in the morning and then sipping on them for the next couple of hours help protect lean muscle or would it just break the fast resulting in no hgh increase? A scoop only has like 40 calories and they're from protein and not from carbs so I would assume it shouldn't be an issue
>>
>>41735925
I thought most people were doing 16/8 though
>>
File: C9jMkRvW0AAj_vx.jpg (67KB, 2048x950px) Image search: [Google]
C9jMkRvW0AAj_vx.jpg
67KB, 2048x950px
Fasting itself is catabolic and makes HGH receptors less responsive to stimulation. The net effect is less anabolism than if you just ate.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8787278
>>
>>41736449
thanks for the input
>>
>>41736311
>having a bidet
>>
>>41735925
Only retards looking for quick results are doing it.
>>
>>41736339
i think the whole point is to have no other fuel source
>>
>>41736339
protein stimulates insulin
>>
>>41737509
>>41737518
Well surely 40 calories is a neglible amount, more so if spread across 4 hours
I'm sure even tap water has some calories, as it's never just h2o, so it would also technically break the fast, but it doesn't
>>
>>41737664
Why dont just eat a pizza while you're at it.
>>
>>41737862
Lmao take it easy there buddy
>>
>>41737664
the only thing we know for sure is fasting increases hgh

we dont know to what extent eating anything interferes with it

probably you are right, but we dont have the research on inefficiency relative to calories right now
>>
>>41737518
bcaa only gives the small, initial spike of insulin
>>41737664
>I'm sure even tap water has some calories
probably negligible. you sound like youve already made your mind about this.

bcaas would help "protect lean muscle" but not as much as eating proper meals would.

there are quite a few people who do pseudo-IF by replacing their breakfast and lunch with a scoop of whey (isolate). personally i would do it that whey if i had to do IF but this stuff definitely needs more research.
>>
>>41736339
nigger do you really think the human body is so fucking retarded that the first thing it does after a mere few hours without food is to start eating it's own muscles?
>>
>>41738099
your body eats your muscles all the time, dude.
>>
>>41735876
Cant you just do a 16-17/8 fast like everyone else on this planet?
>>
>>41738103
>build up all this fat for a rainy day
>whoops i've gone 20 hours without a burger, better ignore those fat stores and eat lean muscle instead
>>
>>41738115
Although the amount of tissue in the body tends to remain fairly constant over time,
those tissues are actually undergoing an essentially continuous process of breakdown and
resynthesis; the two processes together are generally referred to as tissue turnover.
This holds for protein-based tissues such as plasma proteins and skeletal muscle which
undergo a continuous process of breakdown and resynthesis. Fundamentally what occurs
in terms of the amount of these tissues present depends on the long-term relationship
between protein synthesis and breakdown.

Under normal dietary circumstances, an average-sized individual may turn over roughly
300 grams of protein per day; that is a total of 300 grams of protein will be broken down
with most of it being resynthesized back into tissue. Larger and smaller individuals will
turn over proportionally more or less total protein per day. As I'll discuss in Chapter 4,
this doesn't mean that daily protein requirements are 300 grams per day as most of the
protein broken down is simply reutilized by the body.
>>
I've worked out while fasting and noticed that my recovery and workload is higher for some reason.
>>
>>41738136
there's a difference between the normal cellular maintenance your body does 24/7 and actually losing muscle because the you need it for energy. as long as you have literally some body fat stores your muscle tissue will be fine for a 24 hour fast. the body will even eat scar tissue and loose skin before tucking into muscle.
>>
>>41737094
>walking around with shit on you
>>
>>41738684
This. Always gets my goose when shittypants fags tell me that they get clean with dry TP and I'm some kind of fag for spraying water up my bum.

Filthy shitty pants when will they learn?
>>
>>41738136
Source?
>>
>>41738684
>>41738750

The most convincing argument for a bidet I ever heard was "If you got shit anywhere else on your body you wouldnt be okay with wiping it off with a piece of paper and calling it a day"
>>
>>41735876
Truth.
I fasted 5 times now I have hgh gut
>>
File: Roid gut.jpg (125KB, 590x983px) Image search: [Google]
Roid gut.jpg
125KB, 590x983px
>>41735876
>>41739585
That would explain it
>>
File: 1393375490269.png (725KB, 658x467px) Image search: [Google]
1393375490269.png
725KB, 658x467px
>>41735876
Unless you inject 2g of trenbelona and a few units of insulin with your hgh boost, you'll never make it
>>
>>41737664
tap water has calories? as in chemical energy stored in it? no you retard.

I'm going to try this today until bfast tomorrow at seven. I have tea, that will hold me over
>>
>>41739566
I'd rather take a shower than have a shitty wet ass on the toilet. I would only want a bidet if I was a woman so my pussy didn't smell like old piss all the time.
>>
>>41738115
Agreed to an extent. People called me a liar for losing 20lbs in two weeks through starvation + manual labour (was poor) but keeping muscle mass. That was unusual for me though; my body is quite stubborn and so actually tend to lose more weight stuffing my face and being inactive, like when I was sick for a week around Christmas. I dropped 2 jeans sizes and 10 lbs, but I had no definition. All my muscle wasted. I was a lot smaller and lighter but... squishier. Fat. I was taking in all this energy and yet my body ate muscle first.
>>
>>41740178
Retard? Well, I never.
>>
>>41738115
Humans dont have a genetically high set point for lean muscle unlike most other animals and it's energetically costly tissue so eating it will prolong the useful life of fat stores.
>>
>>41742174
Shut up, faggot.
>>
>>41738163
Stop making shit up. An overnight fast (~12h) is sufficient to create a negative net protein balance and quantifiable changes in muscle mass and strength gains

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/early/2017/05/23/ajpendo.00273.2016

Net protein balance is greatest from regular protein feeding

http://www.anabolicsteroidcalculator.com/resources/articles/supplements/article6.pdf

Fat does not supply the anaplerotic input to the TCA cycle that amino acids do, so there will always be some basal requirement for amino acid oxidation to prevent death

http://www.jbc.org/content/277/34/30409
>>
>>41741927
sorry man, I've been fasting too long. didn't mean to be so rude.
>>
>>41736339
Your body strips the nitrogen (the thing that makes an amino acid an amino acid chemically speaking) from the amino acids, leaving a shell of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen, which is used as an energy source when no carbs or fats are available.
>TLDR: Taking BCAAs is not fasting
>>
>>41739603
Dat hgh gut
>>
>>41735876
does IF increase cortisol?
anyone know?
thats my main problem with it that you would be mostly irunning on fight or flight response which is not healty
>>
>>41735876
fasting has been proven to be useless
so no
>>
>>41736449
wat dos that meen
>>
>>41736449
Thank you

Fucking kids hear +1300% and lose their shit. 1) that's just straight up wrong. 2) won't offset catabolism 3) EXTRA HGH DOES NOT PROMOTE EXTRA MUSCLE GROWTH. Even taking into account IGF it stimulates, the effect is incredibly minimal. Its for fat loss, good skin, good sleep, and water retention. You could spend 1/100th the amount of money on testosterone and gain way fucking .

Also, HGH excess ruins insulin resistance. So even if this did work, and if HGH grew muscle, and if the catabolism didn't happen, and if you somehow got +%1300 you would be absolutely ruined insulin wise
>>
>>41738115
The body is in constant ebb and flow. You are gaining and losing micro amounts of muscle and glycogen multiple times every day.

Research before contributing, not after.
>>
>>41743500
great citation
>>
>>41739603
Kwashiorkor (sp?)

Very important concept to understand if you want to pretend to know anyting about nutrition and fitness
>>
>>41743782
thanks, here's another one

^1 scratchnsniff.com/yourmotherscunt.snf. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
>>
>>41743495
Yes. Therefore, catabolism.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.