[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SS question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: rYWKohW[1].png (141KB, 623x661px) Image search: [Google]
rYWKohW[1].png
141KB, 623x661px
what are the chances that i'll turn dinosaur mode if i do SS? i've seen so many posts that people fucked their bodies up doing ss (pic related)
>>
Are you planning on doing it for 2-6 months until you start plateauing on the main lifts? If so, then no t-rex mode.
Are you planning on doing it for 1+ years? If so, then yes, have fun becoming a t-rex.
>>
>>41735198
if you read about the programming it says continue the program until you cannot add weight between every session (this assumes diet and sleep are in order)
It also gives you the opportunity to add assistance but the main point is to get your compounds to a respectable number
>>
>>41735198
0 if you're not retarded and stop doing squats when you're starting to get too big
>>
I feel like SS might be a meme. Where is the upper body workouts? Why is this man obsessed with squatting?

What's a good alternative or addition to SS for beginners?
>>
>>41735392
Unless you don't have legs or something, there are no better alternatives for beginners than SS. Anyone else is just shilling or memeing.
>>
>>41735412
I have legs, but I also have an upper body too and there is no upper body. Bench press 1-2 times a week is nothing.
>>
>>41735392
I started supplementing a shit ton of dumbell work and incline bench after the 2nd month or so. Making steady gains, will probably switch to PPL like coolcicada's after I get to 1/2/3/4, which I hit 3 on skwot and everything else is at least 3/4 of the way there.
>>
>>41735443
you bench or press every single workout so 3x per week...
>>
>>41735215
Eyy bb, not the op but you seem helpful.
Been running greyskull since October with accessories
Progress is slow due to no sleep, and alcohol, except legs which are huge...
I'm cutting out the drink and sleeping more, should I stay on GS a while longer to see if I can get back to linear till I'm 1/2/3/4?
Currently 190 lbs, need to lose more, .5/1/2/2
>>
>>41735443
Bench + OHP + Pendlays + Dips. Add in some shit like shrugs and curls, do pull ups, and shit for abs. Bam.
>>
>>41735443
More often than not, benching at maximum weight more than what the program prescribes will lead to overtraining and a decrease on performance. Personal experience.

The book addresses the issues of "muh upper body" and "too much squat" when you reach INTERMEDIATE level. Novices must stick to the program religiously.
>>
>>41735463
You're more or less gonna have to pick between lifting heavy and losing weight.
>>
>>41735392
Agreed,that's why i added hammer curls,bicep curls and incline db press to BP day and shrugs and tricep pull down on OHP day,works quite well for me.

Personally i think riptits didnt add more than the 3 compound lifts for each day to keep the program simple for beginners,the average normie is too unmotivated and lazy to learn how to do more than that with proper form,assuming the average normie even knows what SS is.
>>
>>41735622
one of the best exercises to add is the chin up
hits the upper back, biceps, triceps, forearm thats why he says its an assistance to OHP and bench
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.