[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

psychological advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

I always get bored (lazy/unmotivated/lose interest) around the 3 month mark and start fading out of lifting. done this 3 times now over the last 2 years. I get super disciplined, never miss a workout or meal for several months, then I gradually lose all will to go on. it starts to become meaningless and I start seeing the time I'm sinking into it, and I get this nihilistic attitude about it. how do I get through this bros?
>>
>>41734762

used to have this problem. what ended the cycle for me is a workout buddy that had almost my exact work schedule and had similar starting lifts to myself. we've progressed at a similar rate and it's perfect motivation.
>>
>>41734762
If you think lifting is boring you will NEVER make it
>>
>>41734801
fuck
>>
If you don't love lifting, it isn't for you. It shouldn't be a chore that you're forcing yourself to go through.
>>
>>41734762
I just tell myself this is when it matters the most

its usually past these kind of hurdles that the benefits really start kicking, psychologically and mentally.
>>
>>41735158
damn im a dumbass

I meant psychologically and physically
>>
Just do it.
>>
>>41734762
I've always had that kind of personality. Thankfully I have enough hate of my body to overpower the boredom (which hasn't begun yet).
>>
File: 1351639093697.jpg (71KB, 1114x810px) Image search: [Google]
1351639093697.jpg
71KB, 1114x810px
>>41734762
You just fucking do it
>>
File: 1495453383807.jpg (589KB, 1920x886px) Image search: [Google]
1495453383807.jpg
589KB, 1920x886px
Jordan Peterson's videos about sacrificing your present for a brighter future. Not entirely sure which video exactly, but there is (at least) one where he talks about how, in order to experience positive emotion you must have 2 things: A goal, and the ability to see yourself moving towards that goal. It is not about achieving your goal, because we are in constant need of one in order to continue progressing. Therefore, if you set yourself a goal which is so supreme that it's going to take your entire life to accomplish, you can begin to live each day working towards attainment of that goal.

I've been watching that niggas videos in my free time for several months now and by god am I far better off for it.
>>
>>41738129
most the one you would watch more than 10 times
>>
>>41734762
How can I achieve this body?
>>
>>41734762
Its not for you and just give up. If you dont like it or fade out you dont care enough and it will just be a waste of time
>>
>>41738129
post*
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.