[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I snap my shit up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: shoulder joint.jpg (28KB, 320x326px) Image search: [Google]
shoulder joint.jpg
28KB, 320x326px
I started off today's workout with some face pulls to warm up for bench. I meant to do 3 sets of 15 but I ended up going a bit too heavy.

I got 15 reps on the first set but only 10 reps on my second set. To compensate I took an extra long rest and did 20 reps on the third set. It was pretty tough and I had to rest-pause in order to complete the set. Looking back, I realize that going to failure on face pulls was absolutely retarded. I'm definitely going to lower the weight next time.

Anyway, when I went to incline bench my shoulders felt super tight and sort of cramped up. I planned on doing 115 lbs for 5x5 but ended up only doing 95 lbs for 3x5.

I just finished lifting an hour ago and now I feel completely fine. The tightness/cramping only lasted about 30 minutes. Should I still be worried or will I be fine as long as I don't go full retard again and do face pulls to failure?
>>
>>41732430
warm ups should be light. Your form is also wacky. Learn how to do them correctly and you'll have no pain. Go by feel for your next workout. If there's no pain outside the gym or in your next workout you should be good.
>>
>>41732462
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSoHeSjvIdY

I try to do them the way demonstrated in this video. However, I've never recorded myself or looked in a mirror while doing these.
>>
>>41732620
Huh, this is the complete opposite form that I use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rep-qVOkqgk
>>
>>41732462
>warm ups should be light
some say that warm ups should be light, aka "dynamic stretching"
some say that you should perform few reps with an heavier weight, after 2 minutes of cardio
>>
>>41732639
Omar's form > Scott's form
>>
File: 1476579531386.jpg (24KB, 456x384px) Image search: [Google]
1476579531386.jpg
24KB, 456x384px
maxing out on facepulls
>>
>>41732662
Definitely looks like it to me. Thank god I didn't totally fuck up my shoulders before seeing the Omar vid (just discovered 'face pulls' a few weeks ago).
>>
>>41732430
>face pulls
almost as useless as calf raises, but way more dangerous for untrained individuals who look at youtube celebs for form
>>
>>41732680
Rear delt flies are superior
>>
>>41732800
I've been wanting to do these but I can never set up the machine quite right. They feel super awkward.
>>
>>41733039
>machine
Jesus Christ just use a dumbbell you don't need a machine for everything.
>>
why are you doing 3x15 sets to fucking failure in the first part of you're workout
>>
>>41733121
I did a few warm up sets then upped the weight for my working set. I noticed the weight was too heavy after the first few reps but I let my ego get the best of me and decided to power through instead of lowering the weight.

I know that was stupid of me and I won't do it again.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.