[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are machines (in general) really that bad? All I have is planet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1017.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1017.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
Are machines (in general) really that bad? All I have is planet fitness for the next month or so, then I'll be switching to LA fitness. Looking to get opinions on whether they're total shit or not.
>>
With machines the big issues are the lack of stabilizer muscle use and that the weight is never truly unassisted.

Using machines will work if you train properly, but when you switch back to free weights, it will be disheartening.
>>
Bump. Met a dude today who said he ever has followed a routine, and is what I would say is my ideal goal body type. He said he's only ever done machines. How.
>>
>>41722221
So is it reasonable to use them to build a base strength so that I'm ready for barbells and dumbbells when I switch gyms?
>>
You can look fine using just machines as long as your diet's in order. When you go to barbell exercises you'll be pretty weak though. At least put some priority on doing weighted pull-ups and weighted dips.
>>
>>41722256
Thanks man. I can't do a pull up yet but I'll start doing negatives. And I've never tried dips before, I'll give that a shot too.
>>
>>41722232

Yes, but remember to research strict form before you transition to Free Weights. Also leave your ego in the machine section, otherwise you'll hurt yourself trying to do the same weight.
>>
>>41722331
Absolutely. Thank you for the advice.
>>
My planet fitness has dumbbells up to 75 pounds, I'd say machines aren't bad but use them with some free weight exercises till you build a bit more strength for dumbbells
>>
I think that a mixture of both machines and free weight is good. Machines can build definition and free weight can build more mass.
If it's only machines then ur going to just maintain your gains, and make not as much progress. A month isn't long though.
>>
>>41722654
>>41722736
So do you guys think I should stay away from doing lifts on the smith machine? Or continue doing them?
>>
>>41722777
I went to PF while saving up for my home set up. When I switched to a real barbell, I had to learn how to balance the shit myself and also all my lifts dropped at least 20lbs, but they were still there. So smith machines aren't ideal, but should make a decent holdover.

Just increase the weight and add a bit more accessory, no big deal.
>>
>>41723008
Thanks dude
>>
>>41722777
Make due with what's available. It's better than doing nothing
>>
>>41723427
You're right man
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.