[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT - Beach Ready Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 51

File: 1496781025719.png (3MB, 1119x2590px) Image search: [Google]
1496781025719.png
3MB, 1119x2590px
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread boys lets go

I'll start:
How much time needs to be spent at the gym? What's the best arms-only routine?

Willing to read walls of text 4 da gainz
>>
>>41721830
>What's the best arms-only routine?
>implying there's a "routine" for arms only
Just do arm exercises like what.jpg
>>
So I know there's creatine in "red meat". Does the dark meat in a chicken count?
>>
File: side_view.webm (3MB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
side_view.webm
3MB, 888x500px
Posted in another QTDDTOT thread but I guess it's dying.

Okay, I'm back. Some of you may remember me and my shitty form. I finally got those Chucks(actually had them from middle school 13 years ago and found them the other day) and I think they are helping. I'm focusing more on keeping my heels on the ground more. This is a side view. Still working on low bar form. How does it look so far? Also have front view to show how my knees look too.
>>
Im doing phraks greyskull lp variant

Im really struggling doing negative chinups, I dont seem to have the strength to lower myself slow and controlled enough. Do I need to rest longer inbetween sets? Replace it with something else until I can do it right or just keep trying until I can do it?
>>
File: front_view.webm (3MB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
front_view.webm
3MB, 888x500px
>>41721935
Here's the front view. Sorry the video looks shitty, couldn't figure out how to get webm under size limit without potato quality.

Everyone kept telling me to push out my knees but I always thought I did good enough, still here's how it looked. Couldn't really tell from the other video the other week. Also I noticed the bar is slightly tilted but I think that was me not getting under the bar evenly.
>>
>>41721941
the shade from the trees makes your quads look huge
>>
>>41721935
>>41721941
Try not to fulxuate on how low you go, but looks good
>>
>>41721959
I think my quads are decent. I'm skinnyfat tho.

>>41721962
Do I go too low? I like that depth because i can feel it in my glutes when coming up. I'm trying to grow my ass.
>>
>>41722088
Just don't sit on your heels, a 250° squat would be ideal
>>
>>41721830
What are some good excercises that buld the inner chest? I look like I have a minor case of pectus excavatum because my outer chest and abs are way more built than the center of my chest.
>>
>>41722111
>sit on your heels
Do you mean at the bottom or coming up? I had a big problem of coming up on the balls of my feet when going up. I would explode up the weight the last quarter of the way up.
>>
I've been doing squats and hip thrusts as part of my routine. My butt feels firm and round and looks rounder from the side but when looking straight ahead it still looks squarish. Am I doing something wrong or is this the limits of my asian genetics?
>>
Anyone else nod as a small sign of mirin someone who actually fucking squats low enough?

Will hitting a tire with a sledgehammer for cardio kill my gains?
>>
At what point should you be done for the day?
I was doing a bunch of chest exercises until I felt like it was impossible for me to do anymore so I stopped
But now that I'm home and have had a bit of a break my chest feels stronger and I want to go back and do a few more chest exercises.

I know over training is a thing but I feel like I haven't tried as hard as I can if I'm home and I feel like I could do more, if that makes sense?
>>
>>41721935
Looks good
>>
>>41722350

what the fuck?

did you complete the day's programming or not?
fucking with the program is suboptimal so why would you do it?
>>
How long should one do SS for? I'm three months in, glued incline bench and a shit ton of dumbell exercises to the end of both A and B day. Switched up bench and squat to 3x5 plus 1x10, OHP to 2x5 and 1x10, and diddly to 1x5 working and 1x1 with 5 lbs added.

Currents are 100/175/315/275, was wanting to do CoolCicada's PPL once either I hit 1/2/3/4 or I get to the end of the year, whichever comes first.
>>
So there are rep ranges for certain things, 1-5 for strength and 10-12 for hypertrophy ect, right? Does this also apply to sets?
>>
How am I supposed to actually tell when I need a lifting belt?

Whenever I ask if I should get one, people just say "Get one when you need it", but it's not like chalk or mixed grip for deadlifts, when you use them if your grip fails, as I have no idea under what criteria needing a lifting belt falls into.
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 299x168px
Recently I have started running, trying to take it slow as I knew my legs would not have the particular muscles it takes to run, even though I have the cardio endurance from a year of cycling. I ran 3x a week for about 3 weeks, and last Friday went on my longest run so far, about 5 miles with a fair bit of elevation gain. Felt fine on the run and took it very easy, but right after and ever since, my knees are hurting fairly bad even when I just walk or bend my knees more than 90 degrees. It is kind of worrying as it is not getting better, and frustrating as I was actually starting to enjoy it. Anyone know of anything I can do to help?

Because of this injury, I am thinking about starting to swim. I learned how to swim when I was young, but haven't swam in probably 5 years. I imagine that I will be able to manage to learn the basics of the freestyle on my own, and have found a program for swimming that is similar to couchto5k. Anyways, is there anything in particular I should know about swimming?

Also, I kind of hurt my lower back doing pendlay rows last week. It's still hurting in certain situations, but I was able to manage squatting 1 pl8 for the first time today even with my back the way it is. Squatting didn't particularly make it seem to get worse, but should I avoid it until it gets better? I'm hoping it won't take a terrible amount of time to heal, but I honesly have no idea. It's not debilitating, but it is pretty uncomfortable.
>>
I have asthma and I more or less deal with it, but I have a big problem with shortness of breath when doing squats. I can deadlift 2plates for 10 reps, but squatting 1plate, my breath already gets short on the 4th or 5th rep, it gets really hard to breath, my nostrils sew shut and I get dizzy. I could squat with just 10kg on each side and I'd still get more tired then if I were doing some other exercise with more weight. It's like the squat demands hundreds of times more from my lungs than any other. What can I do to fix this? Normal cardio work, start doing higher rep work on squats for a few months? I feel like this problem is the primary reason why my squat is so bad compared to other lifts.
>>
When you're stalling and or failing what is better so you continue making gains:

>Do less reps of a higher weight
or
>try to get more reps at the weight you're stuck at

example: my bench is stuck at 165lbs (3x5) for over 2 weeks. I said fuck it and attempted 175lb, got 3 reps but didnt try it again because no spotter. would it be better to just try to get 165lb (3x7-8)

some answers to the best of my ability:

>>41721935
looks good.
>>41722311
1. yes, but almost nobody squats low enough. Theres this one sorta cute chick at my gym that actually squats and focus on form. She goes in alone, takes it seriously and doesnt dress like a whore. she's my gym crush.

2. i dont think so, and thats pretty manly. would do.

>>41722350
get on a program that way you'll know and not make excuses

>>41722683
1/2/3/4 or close to it. or when you start stalling hard. or whenever the fuck you want .

>>41722690
> Does this also apply to sets?
No, dont do 10 sets of the same exercise. After you have some strenght, you can isolate and hit a body part with a couple of exercises. For example, if you're focusing on chest you can do
Bench 3x10
Incline Bench 3x10
Flys 3x10
>>
Any firefighters here have good firefighter specific routines?

Front what I've gathered from guys I've talked to legs is obviously a big factor. Figure doing squat dl ohp bp and pullup is always a good base but not sure what to build around it. High intensity cardio is definitely a must, but I'm having a hard time figuring out a way to train for hose pulls/person drags without a sled. I also like to rock climb so integrating that into my lifting is tough.
>>
What the minimum number of rest days between working the same muscle group?
>>
>>41722919
48 hours or 2 days.
>>
>>41722846
Try jump rope. Good for cardio, balance, lung capacity and posture. Also you can go for intensity, duration or anything in between.

As far as something more firefighter specific, try making a sandbag and making it heavy. I have a 100 pound sandbag that I use. It's really tough to get that thing up and doing it for reps means your whole body is in sync and working together. Also very good for intense, quick cardio. You can lift it, do holds, carries and maybe even throws. I use a big military bag that top loads. It's 50 x 30 inches and I use rubber mulch. It is very large and sort of simulates a person. Look up sandbag training and you'll get some good ideas.
>>
In a tough spot
Been lifting around 7mo, got an 80kg bench, 122.5kg squat, 55kg OHP and 140kg DL. 76kg and 6'2".

Problem is, need to train consecutive days in a week. Considered doing SS, but non-consecutive. Same as StrongLifts and some intermediate programs I've been looking at. Doing 5/3/1 is getting old and I think a routine change would be good.

Any advice?
>>
how many calories does a typical weightlifting session burn?
>>
Is there a certain way I have to go about getting fit if I'm /skinny fat/? Is it ok for me to drink protein shakes?
>>
>Haven't lifted in ~4 years. Muscles gone.
>First week of lifting again, put on 3.5 lbs of muscle. (%Body fat decreased)
>Holy shit the DOMS
>Can't eat enough to keep up with the rate of building muscle
>Walk up stairs like an old paraplegic. A good 30 seconds to get into my car.

I don't remember it being this bad... Comfort me, please...
>>
>>41722742
After HS I went to the gym for 2 years, got in good shape overall, excellent mile times/decent gains ect. Training to be a lifeguard though, I couldn't swim 3 lengths of the pool without feeling like I wasn't getting any air in my freestyle. I would STRONGLY recommend a coach or a stroke improvement course to start you off, it's like a teenager in skate shoes running like Naruto being compared to a marathon runner.
>>
Every time I do squats past parallel I feel a burning sensation in my left quad. Not just a lactic acid burn but it feels like a heat burn. Today I didn't go quite as deep and I still felt a pinching feeling in the same spot. Does anybody have a clue what it might be?
>>
File: 20170607_191719.jpg (430KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170607_191719.jpg
430KB, 2048x1152px
Bf%?
>>
File: 20170607_191655.jpg (488KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170607_191655.jpg
488KB, 2048x1152px
>>41723846
And from front. Hopefully this rotates pic
>>
>>41722742
>>41723804

Oh also for the knees it's likely runners knee/patella femoral syndrome. I currently am just getting through it. Working out just all of your thigh/legs muscles helps a bit. Mine though started going away once I got a good pair of training shoes.

Also I found it helps if you run on dirt or trails. Concrete, bad form and bad shoes kill your knees
>>
Is there a /fit/ guide to shakes, smoothies, etc
>>
I have such major issues trying to wrap my head around these BMR calculators. It makes me feel like a moron, so I'm really sorry if I am asking the obvious here but I would really appreciate any help at all, you guys. I'd be super grateful if anybody could help me puzzle this stuff out.

Okay, so I'm plugging my height, weight, age and gender into the BMR Calculator and it's spitting out the number of calories I would burn in a single day if all I did was lie down in bed and blink/breathe, correct?

After that, I really don't know how or what to do in order to get a REALISTIC idea of how many calories I *really* burn in a typical day. I have a sedentary office job where I just sit at a desk, and I commute to and from work on public transit. So I'm tempted to go with the calculation for a 'sedentary' lifestyle, but I also try to get out for at least one good long walk each day, run errands, do grocery shopping, etc etc. I go for a walk in both the early morning and later evening and on the weekends I try to be as active as possible. On average I hit between 10,000 - 20,000 steps per day (assuming my pedometer watch is accurate)

So this is where I get lost. Do I go with 'lightly' active? What the heck is the definition of 'lightly active?' what constitutes 'moderately active' or 'very active' because it is just so vague and ambiguous.

Right now I don't do much more besides walking and the tiniest amount of stretching/yoga because I am only a beginner in the world of /fit/ and I am easing into exercise after many years of health problems.

This whole BMR/TDEE and activity level/lifestyle/sedentary vs active thing is utterly vexing to me and I'm embarrassed to ask but have been so lost I just know I need advice and help.

Anyway, thank you a lot and sorry if this question has really only been me making a fool of myself. I've only been a lurker up until now and I'm new to browsing /fit/ entirely.
>>
>>41723863
30%
>>
If I'm over 300lbs, do I have to start at 110% eating oatmeal, hardboiled egg, salad with tuna fish, granola bar, chicken, broccoli, rice. Or would I still be able to see results if I cut out unhealthy things like fastfood and calorie dense soda?

For example; Instead of eating a mcdonalds value meal, plus a mcdouble, with a sprite, what if instead I ate homemade chicken parmesan with fettucine, one slice of italian bread, and a diet sierra mist?

I understand that it is all about calories in vs. calories out, and I've been eating clean the past couple weeks, but it is to the point that anything that has a little bit of salt or sugar in it makes me salivate, so maybe it might be more sensible to "ween" myself off of my unhealthy eating habits as opposed to stopping cold turkey. What I have noticed in the past is that if I stick to a strict diet, after a month I tend to go back to my old habits, but the food tastes so flavorful that I end up eating more than I did before implementing a more clean diet.
>>
H
>>
File: 20170607_143902.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170607_143902.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
5'8" manlett, started at 210 lbs last January before cutting down to 160 lbs, then fucked my shit up and am now hovering around 180. Started eating at a 500 deficit again to get back down to 160.

I've been following the StrongLifts app fairly consistently for about 6 months now, and while I have definitely made strength gains, I have had to deload on all my lifts to the point where I am lifting 3x3 instead of 5x5.

My stats as of today:
>Deadlift 230lbs 1x5
>Squat 210 3x3
>Row 135 3x3
>Bench 110 3x3
>OHP 80 3x3

I am becoming seriously discouraged from weightlifting. Should I just drop it and go full cardiobro until I cut to a respectable weight and get serious about clean bulking, or can I salvage this mess with more protein and sleep? Is it better to push more weight at 3x3 or less weight at 3x5?
>>
>>41722846
I've made a rescue dummy for my training.
Find coveralls from an Op shop, 80kg of the cheapest sand, a swimming noodle so you can grab it under its arms, and a couple of rolls of duct tape. It works alright, double layer if need be.
Depending on which fire services you're going for in the world, there may be a rule in the physical aptitude test that the dummy's feet must stay in contact with the ground.
>>
>>41724673
Do 8 week mass building program, you might be at muscular limit.
>>
>>41721830

I've been lifting for 1 week, 3 sets of 5 reps.

Here's my stats 5'10 @ 193lb recovering fatty.

105/80/47.5/30 and bent over row is 70.

aiming for 4/3/2/1 after three months. I have all day every day to get on this, so going 2hrs a day and rotating muscles and working on technique half the time is not really and issue for me.

This looks like my bassline for starting. My grip prevents me deadlifting more. I want to get those heavy grippers although if there is a better way i'd be happy with that too. They are 100-350lb in 50lb force increments. I don't want to be spending £12 a pair on something too light or something too strong that will never be used again. What grippers should I get that will have me comfortable deadlifting 200kg.
>>
>>41722742

Regarding running. Buy glucosamine sulphate tablets. Ebay now do 1500mg x 365 tablets for £12. Take 3 a day religiously for 2 months then back off to 2 a day, or 1 a day is probably fine, I used to do 2 at 1000mg tablets and that was enough.

My limited understanding is the body doesn't up production of cartilage from the tablets until there is an excess store of the stuff in you... hence why you double dose the first month or two to speed up the time it takes to get your body producing it. You wont fell the benefit until 2-3 months time. But stop taking them 6 months time and you'll soon feel the degeneration.

The lighter you are the more you can get away with.

I'm recovering fatty at 193lb. I been cycling while fat and can put 5 x 60 mile rides in a week and never had an issue with any knee pain cycling. I went for a 4 x 5 mile jogs over 4 days for the first time jogging in 3 years and managed the running fine, i was on grass 2/3 by the pavement and have good shoes. Left knee hurt after the 4th run and I've stopped completely just in case, just a boost before going to the gym.

I've done a half marathon before and i've injured my right knee once, and that really put me off running. The slightest bit of pain and just stop it and walk off your remaining run. It's not fun limping 4.5 miles home on a 9 mile loop 6 weeks before the day of the event, but over doing running will get you nowhere fast. That stuffs for light weight long distance runners, who are serious. Consider cycling for the time being until you knees better and you're up on glucoasamine sulphate tablets.

I'm not a swimmer, so don't ask. I could do 50 lengths breast stroke but my swimming form is terrible.
>>
>>41723863
>>41723846
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/body-fat-formula.php
>>
>>41721830
What do you think of 10x3 for squats, deads , bench, and OHP ?
>>
>>41721830
Your arms are a small muscle group.
You can train them often, use higher rep ranges.
>>
>>41721874
No.
Red meat means mammal meat.
>>
>>41721935
If you are learning how to squat, pause at the bottom.
It teaches you to keep tight and saves your panatella tendon.
>>
What is that religion called that is about jesus being physically strong? I forgot the name of it. There is a wikipedia page on it and all.
>>
>>41722711
You're supposed to try and do every rep with perfect form. Around 80+% and your body needs a little bit of extra intra-abdominal pressure to lift heavier weights with perfect form. Your core can increase the pressure as your abs have something to push against.
Think starting to swim in the middle of a pool vs starting with a push off from the side.

There really isn't a telltale sign as obvious as grip failure. Borrow a belt or buy a cheap one and start using it for reps above 80%

After maybe 5 sessions, you'll start to get the feel for when to slap it on, assuming you can lift maybe 2x bw squat, 2.5x bw deadlift as a max if you weigh under 70kg and a little less if over.

Keep it off for warmups
>>
>>41721830
A
curls preacher curls hammer curls any kind of curl you can think of, as many as you can do
chin ups
maybe do chin ups first

B
bench press
dips
tricep pulldowns
fucking some other shit i don't know i don't do a lot of tricep isolation
>>
File: routine.png (14KB, 426x564px) Image search: [Google]
routine.png
14KB, 426x564px
Good to start with 3x/weekly?
>>
>>41721830
Before i sign up to the gym i workout at home for a month to not be the weakest one at the gyn. Mostly pushups pullup and bicepa crul with 10 kg.
Few days ago i sighed up. Yet i need to lower the whight in the machins after girls and teenage kids. I feel so embarace.
How can i go steonger without fall to the SS meme?
>>
I need something for abs in my routine. I can't figure out ab wheels, feels unnatural. Tried rope crunches, don't feel much, just end up feeling like I'm about to get pulled off my feet. Used to do planks, but they are just so uncomfortable.

Basically I need something to supplement my decline crunches.
>>
>>41721830
Everrytime I deadlift I feel this area around my T12 disc. It's not really painful and I don't feel anything if I'm not deadlifting, but it's an uncomfortable feeling. Should I stop deadlifting alltogether for a while? I believe my form is decent, I keep my back straight and engage my core.
>>
What's the deal with the OHP?

>stall at 40kg
>deload to 35
>barely manage 3 reps
>next time barely manage 3x5

I did this weight easily a couple of weeks ago ffs. All my other lifts are progressing nicely...
>>
How do I avoid heel pain after squatting?

It usually hurts along the Achilles tendon the day after and I am novice so the weight is still embarassingly low.
>>
File: edbFZKb.png (221KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
edbFZKb.png
221KB, 500x322px
Is it possible to build muscle on or reduce the appearance of hip dips?

It makes my hips look narrow and my legs look pushed together.
>>
I don;t feel any soreness or pain in chest or abs muscle despite my workout routine including machines for those, am I dining something wrong or is this just how it's supposed to feel?

usually I always get pain in triceps and biceps before any other muscle area with whatever workout I'm doing(all machines), Like let ull down and pae fly or chest press, is it just cause my arms are too weak and will need to get stronger before I feel anything in my chest? Or am I just doing it wrong?

I'm skinny fat btw.
>>
>>41727241
I'm guessing you are very new to lifting? You probably haven't developed enough muscles in your chest to actually feel anything there yet.

Also you are likely doing gym class crunches aka wrong crunches. The entire movement needs to be in your stomach, stop lifting with your back.
>>
>>41727234
that drawing is kind of turning me on

anyway, try yoga poses like cow face and parallel logs that stretch the outer glutes
>>
>>41727274
Yes I'm new to it, and was worried I'll mess my form, is working out till your muscle sore a good max limit? I was thinking?

Thanks!
>>
When I do any cardio (running, jumprope) my junk swings around and slaps my legs and it's really uncomfortable. What's the most supportive underwear, other than a jock strap?
>>
What are some good books about basic nutrition and how the body processes and uses nutrients? I'd appreciate any recommendations for a good overview of the endocrine system as well.

Something more entertaining than a textbook, please.
>>
Can I make gains doing full body twice a week with accessories? As opposed to 3 times a week? Say I do OHP one workout, then Bench the next with DB flies or tricep extensions to add to the workout?
>>
File: IMG_4640.jpg (142KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4640.jpg
142KB, 750x1334px
Body fat % estimate?

5'9 150 pounds/ 68 kg

I've been chubby for practically my whole life and am cutting because I'm sick and tired of it. Started at 175lb/79kg
Been doing phul but injured my lower back recently so haven't been squatting or deadlifting but have been doing machine lower body instead

Main lifts:

Deadlift: 245 lb/112.5 kg
Squat: 220 lb/100 kg
Bench: 155 lb/ 70kg
Ohp: 110 lb / 50 kg

Pls no bully, I just wanna make it. I will bulk but I really want to reach a low bf% before I do and do a clean bulk
>>
At what body fat percentage do you start looking fat?
>>
File: 63307512.jpg (120KB, 690x449px) Image search: [Google]
63307512.jpg
120KB, 690x449px
I've hit the gym for the first time yesterday, no program or shit yet just ran on the threadmill and did some block pulling and dumbell shit. Today other than slight pain I feel like I'm having a fever and also wanting to sleep. Is it okay to feel like that for a totally untrained person or I've just caught a cold on my way home?
>>
File: IMG_20170604_141707.jpg (185KB, 1080x1325px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170604_141707.jpg
185KB, 1080x1325px
Should I continue cutting or bulk?

Been lifting for 6 months and this is my progress so far. Went from 76kg to 66kg.
>>
>>41727877
Probably just caught a cold. Don't lift weights if you don't know what you're doing. Get a routine. Read the sticky.
>>
>>41727909
You should lift
>>
>>41727875
About 20%
>>
>>41727909
Height? You defintely look like you should bulk you don't have much muscle mass
>>
>>41727915
>Don't lift weights if you don't know what you're doing. Get a routine. Read the sticky.
I know, I know. I just had a feeling that if I don't go sign up this day I'll just delay this for weeks again. Now proceeding with lurking.
>>
File: HNS_123132_DyedAssorted.jpg (32KB, 384x487px) Image search: [Google]
HNS_123132_DyedAssorted.jpg
32KB, 384x487px
>>41727344
Most supportive: y fronts

I find the best underwear for exercise are boxer briefs. Snug, not too tight, allows for some movement, not uncomfortable. Can get long legged (as pictured, which i prefer) or shorter legged.
>>
>>41727925
173cm. I'm still packing quite a bit of belly fat, and I'm afraid I'll look too fat if I start bulking while I still have some belly fat. Am I just being overly paranoid about this? Being an ex skinny fat I'm afraid I'll look too fat again
>>
i recently had anal with a dude ( no h..homo) on the receiving end with no protection he said he didn't have hiv and i'd like to believe him, but on the off chance he did what's the odds of contracting it in a one off encounter?

no homo
>>
File: 1496414258142.jpg (47KB, 735x535px) Image search: [Google]
1496414258142.jpg
47KB, 735x535px
26 yo, 178cm / 5'10" , 82kg / 181 pounds, gonna sign up to a gym tomorrow and my aim is to lose fat and get muscles, but not go huge.

I haven't been to a gym in a decade or so, but maintain a not terrible shape by walking/biking a bunch.

Is a plan like this legit?
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lee-labrada-12-week-lean-body-trainer.html

I'm a total noob in all things /fit/. After reading the sticky, 3x5/5x5 was going to be my plan but I'm not sure that's what I aim to achieve.
>>
>>41727966
Why the fuck are you asking this in /fit/?

Also, you probably have aids now.
>>
>>41727977

/fit/ is the gayest board
>>
How to get rid of saggy/loose belly and pecs
>>
>>41727996
Cardio, low carb diet, don't eat junk food.
>>
>>41728002
How long take
>>
>>41727953
You are definitely being too paranoid. Go for a clean bulk if you would like and focus on getting enough protein and progressing on your lifts
>>
>>41728013
Depends on how much sagginess we're talking about. Probably a few months if you're not obese.
>>
>>41728021
Am 6' 160...., no obese....,,, just no tight

Run? Many short or few far? Need a gain muscle mass ? JUST runn?
>>
File: d28.png (681KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
d28.png
681KB, 500x700px
>>41728041
>many short or few far?
>>
>>41727823
I'd say you somewhere in 20-22%.
>>
I used to molest my son every day. But then he started lifting weights and got strong enough to overpower me and molest me back. Now he molests me every day. I want to regain the molestation edge, should I do SS + hip thrusts or Greyskull? Any SJW who has problems with parts of my post, keep it to yourself.
>>
>>41728062
Help
>>
Did a particularly intense leg session 48 hours ago and still feel sore. Would 60 minutes of LISS on a stationary bike impede my recovery at all or am I good to go?
>>
>>41728214
Not sure about you but your mother always is.
>>
>>41728214
go for it
>>
>>41728259
Excellent post
>>
I've got these carnitine + B1/B5/B6/B12 capsules.
Anybody's got experience with them?
Should I take them before I hit the gym?
>>
File: Creatine_neutral.png (9KB, 876x436px) Image search: [Google]
Creatine_neutral.png
9KB, 876x436px
has anyone else gotten terrible hunger feelings in their stomach, yet no desire to eat after starting on creatine? feelsweirdman
>>
File: swagtasticpepe.jpg (34KB, 607x341px) Image search: [Google]
swagtasticpepe.jpg
34KB, 607x341px
>>41721830
>Left testicle in pain after working out

I'm scared guys, this is the second day of this happening. Maybe I've been sitting on or hitting my balls somehow?
>>
>>41728411
Any bumps in abdomen that increase when you cough?
>>
>>41728520
There's one on my pelvis that increases when I think about your mother. That count?
>>
Am I wasting my time/money buying BCAAs & Creatine?
>>
>>41727948
I was wearing some SAXX boxer briefs, but still had a lot of movement.

I'll look at some jockey Y fronts or something.

Thanks.
>>
>>41728565
big cock african americans? you can't buy those anymore.
>>
File: d.jpg (793KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
793KB, 2000x1333px
Hey /fit/ legit question here.

I'm skinny fat, been going to the gym mostly for cardio the last month, trying to cut till i can see my abs in summer and then work from there on.

Today I decided to start SS after reading the sticky and my questions are as follow.

1) can I increment my strength overtime even being on calorie deficit? Does SS have any benefits on a weakling while cutting?

2) Is it possible to add up some high rep upper body exercises into the mix (as in chest and shoulders) so I don't just look like a T-REX? I'm guessing that obviously on deficit i'm not going to gain any mass? If so disregard deficit and answer for surplus.
>>
>>41728571
Too bad guess I have to fuck my own ass.
>>
>>41728520
No, why?
>>
>>41728648
Because, bro!!!!!!!!
>>
>>41721830
was 250 pounds and not working out in december. been cutting and doing gym for 5 months now. lost a total of 35 pounds with 20 of that being the last 2 months. my next weight goal is 185 (another 30 pounds).
im seeing an improvement everywhere except for my chest and stomach. i still have man boobs and a belly. granted, ive seen a reduction in my stomach size but i still have love handles on the hips and a bit of a belly. how can i alleviate this.
note that ive slacked on core and have been eating alot of fat. should i just start doig core and get my macros straight?
>>
>>41721830
I finished my cut 1.5 months ago and have been maintaining. I haven't gained or lost any weight, but I do look more defined and feel like I'm still (very) slowly leaning out. However, I haven't gained any strength either. I'm only still an intermediate lifter so I should be gaining SOME strength on maintenance, right?

If I try to reverse diet slowly (maybe increase my TDEE by 50 kcal average a week), will I gain weight? I feel like my TDEE is too low after that cut, but since I've maintained my weight I'm wary to risk putting any back on.
>>
>>41729004
Yeah youre probably eating just a bit below maintenance, increase by 100 kcal a week and see what happens.
>>
File: 1491332151201.jpg (154KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491332151201.jpg
154KB, 600x800px
>>41721830
How do I get better at push-ups? Do I just do them until I am able to do more than one?
Need to get to 15 in a row until next friday. Is this even possible?
>>
>>41727909
Also, what's my body fat? 173cm 66kg
>>
>>41729163
Like 20 %, too high for bulking anyway. Lift hard and keep cutting.
>>
>>41722773
please help me
>>
>>41729270
sucks to your ass-mar
>>
Can I lose fat while holding most of the muscle if I eat the right amount of calories and workout only 1-2 times a week?
tough month for me in uni no time
ill start seriously in july though
>>
How does everyone squat so much here. I am getting close to 1/2/2/3. My legs just seem so weak and disproportioned. Doing ss so I am squatting 3 times a week already. Have deloaded 3 times on squats already?
>>
>>41721830
8 hours, whatever it takes. Just follow Rich Piana's training regime and do only 8 hour arm workouts.
>>
File: 1496862844458.png (236KB, 304x564px) Image search: [Google]
1496862844458.png
236KB, 304x564px
How do I achieve this mode? (srs)
>>
How fresh are prepped meals after being frozen for nearly a week? I did meal prep for like 3 weeks and each week, the meals were getting really stale on the 6th and 7th days. Does freezing the meals significantly help this?
>>
File: 1495472912093.jpg (3MB, 3773x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1495472912093.jpg
3MB, 3773x4000px
>>41729105
here yo go brah
>>
i'm 6'2, 183lbs, 17%bf. is it reasonable to get a body like young sean connery with 6-8 months of GSLP, IF and keto?
>>
>>41729383
is it too hard to prepare the food saturday/sunday for the whole week and cook it in like 10 mins
>>
>>41729383
Frozen food isn't fresh but it's way better than 6 day old fridge fungus.
>>
>>41724129
Yeah desu that stuff has always confused me too but in terms of being sedentary, lightly active, etc. is talking about exercise. If you're walking and doing yoga for a decent amount of time every single day I would say that is moderately active.
>>
How do you correctly perform a Bulgarian split squat? I saw it on buff dudes as a rec to build flutes and tried it at home just to practice form

I have literally no balance and felt I was going to fuck up my knees and couldn't balance myself so I quit
>>
>>41729385

The body is possible, but at 6'2" 17% - not in 6-8 months, i'd say a year at the very least.
>>
>>41729398
No i'm asking about storing all of it in the fridge vs. storing most of it in the freezer and then taking it out for it to thaw for the rest of the days.
>>41729411
Alright man, thanks. I would do chicken and on that 6th, 7th day, it would literally taste like rubber.
>>
While cutting, on cheat day do I eat maintenance or fill my face
>>
>>41729443
I'm not an expert on this cause I'm a fat fut trying to lose weight, but you should do a cheat meal and fill your face. Only allow it for that meal though. And don't do anything that would be constituted as a "challenge". If you do this, it will probably bring you up to maintenance.
>>
>>41729430
>i'd say a year at the very least.
yeah, you're probably right mate. i've dropped 5%bf in 2 months while maintaining weight but i'm guessing connery has 5-6kg of solid muscle mass on me.
>>
has anyone here tried the bulgarian method?results?
>>
>>41729488
on the plus side if you get into a routine the year will go quickly
>>
What can i do instead of power snatch/power clean on texas method?
Normie gym won't allow those and I can't switch gym.
>>
>>41729424
Someone fucking help pls
>>
File: IMG_9097.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9097.png
1MB, 640x1136px
tl;dr: doing 1 set of chin ups caused me to pull something deep in my shoulder blade AND in my deep chest / lungs. It's been almost a month and I'm still sore (especially every morning). How long should I wait before I start lifting?

Also why did this happen to me? I went through a break up from a 2 yr relationship and it fucked me up. I've noticed it's made me physically ill and stressed all the time and I feel like it has something to do with why such little physical exercise caused such a severe injury. I've had gum problems out of nowhere at the same time (gums bleed excessively every morning and every time I brush my teeth).

I should also add that the torn muscle (or whatever it is) hurts when I breathe deep and back when it was recent I could not sneeze or I would die.

Please help thanks for reading.
>>
>>41729673
Do you not have Youtube?
>>
>>41729730
I do but for whatever reason I keep falling side ways; using my couch as an example. And when I try to emulate it, I can't go back up and feel like my knee is killing me

Is this bad form or bad strength? I'm a skelly
>>
>>41727652
bump
>>
>>41727652
Yes, of course you can make gains that way. The only rule of thumb to gains is that it takes approximately 48 hours for muscles to recover.
>>
I am sort of a T-Rex already, any programs that just reduce the lower body's size while the rest grows?
>>
>>41730004
Running and PPL with a PP focus, do PPLxPPx.
>>
When should I start adding weight when doing dips? I can do 3 sets of 10 already. And if I don't have a weight belt do I just hold the weight between my ankles or knees?
>>
>>41730058
You can, but it's easier to put them in a backpack or something.
>>
>>41730083
I'd look like a right dip loading a backpack with weights in the gym.
>>
File: kzZ2KSGctDE.jpg (95KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
kzZ2KSGctDE.jpg
95KB, 600x500px
>>41730133
Do that while saying everyone "good bye".
>>
File: squats.jpg (181KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
squats.jpg
181KB, 500x750px
How fast/slow progress in squats is being made?
I understand that it mostly varies from person to person, but I do baby weights and can't really squat any decent weight.
Please advise.
>>
File: leit.jpg (922KB, 1562x4158px) Image search: [Google]
leit.jpg
922KB, 1562x4158px
is this a good workout plan?
im kind of fit but not really ripped and i want to build some muscle with bodyweight exercises.
>>
At what point should I start using a belt?
>>
Can I eat only protein as my pre/post workout meal? How much of a difference will it be than with carbs. I'm cutting
>>
not even really fit related but what's the least gay and least tryhard coffee to get. i don't drink coffee but somehow ended up with a coffee date
>>
>>41730725
If you don't eat carbs before exercising you will have literally no energy to lift. Eat 3 carbs to 1 protein before, then 3 protein to 1 carb after.
>>
>>41730750
I've just been doing 50/50 grams for eat meal. 6'0 160 lbs and skinny fat
>>
Where can I find cheap farmer walk straps? I dont have access to heavier kettle bells and I dont want to walk around forever to get a burn.

But the cheapest i can find on Amazon are like 75 bucks
>>
>>41729384
Which one of these is better
>>41730373
>>
>>41730644
bumping this question
>>
SS or SL?
>>
>>41730924
GSLP
>>
File: 1496673668378.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
1496673668378.png
47KB, 547x465px
>>41730931
This one?
>>
I know this is a dumb question but i'm trying to figure out how to eat correctly, but weighting these pasta and rice is confusing, i don't get how are you suppose to weight them. i just want to eat 50g carbs but i don't know how many grams of pasta/rice that is.
>>
File: 1496670562875.png (19KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496670562875.png
19KB, 700x600px
>>41730931
Or this one?
>>
>>41730964
This one.
>>
>>41730963
Rice is about 2/3 carbs, so ~75g.
>>
>>41729719
Bump
>>
>>41731028
go to a doctor
>>
File: cheers lad.jpg (323KB, 1001x900px) Image search: [Google]
cheers lad.jpg
323KB, 1001x900px
>>41730989
Thanks
>>
can i lift without squating or deadlifting and still get good results?
>>
>>41731195
why would you do that?
>>
>>41731246
the few times i've attempted them, i ended up hurting my back. i'm 6'4, not very flexible, weak core etc and i suppose correct form doesn't come natural to me at all. also i don't see anyone deadlifting at my gym so i don't know where i'd do it and who i could ask for form tips
>>
>>41721830
Guise, never really taken diet too serious or lifting though i been pucking shit up n putting it down for 3yrs or so

Im 200lb with a 140kg bench: 160kg squat and a £200 dead.

Im looking to become serious..

What weight do i use? Or how do i find out what weight to use?

Right now i just put on what i struggle with.. so i.e if i try to curl 30kg n cant then ill go to like 15/20?
>>
>>41731347
That's a terrible attitude. If you're doing the movement wrong, find your faults and fix them. If your core is too weak, strengthen your core.
>>
File: IMAG0511.jpg (3MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0511.jpg
3MB, 3000x4000px
Are boots ok with ankle socks and shorts...? It's comfy at least

And no, I cannot tan, I've tried for 25 years
>>
Question from last thread but got archived
How do i improve my core?
I joined a kickboxing club and is the area where im not improving, it bothers me that i give it my all in some exercises but my body gives away
Working on it saturday is ok or should i use the weekend to rest?
>>
>>41728124
Eat more. Eat a lot of chicken and eggs.

Lift heavy and often. Do bench press, overhead press, squat, and deadlift. Feel free to add in other excercises as well
>>
>>41731347
Anon you're never gonna get anywhere thinking like that.
>>
File: LoveBird.jpg (33KB, 356x547px) Image search: [Google]
LoveBird.jpg
33KB, 356x547px
>>41731386
This is more /fa/ territory, but I'll give it a shot.

Boots and shorts never look good together.Boots should only be paired with jeans. Go with tennis/running/lifting/basketball shoes with shorts.
>>
I have a sleep question.

I've developed a habit of looking at the alarm clock if I'm not asleep in 15-20 minutes.
I also look at the alarm clock until it hits 10:30, when I try to go to sleep.
Could this be why I have trouble sleeping?
>>
How much of a wheeze is okay and how much is a problem? I have a little mouse squeak when I run but I don't think others hear it.
>>
>>41731463
Oh fug I already wore them out. Oh well, at least they were cargo shorts, I don't want people thinking I'm NOT autistic
>>
File: steveirwin.jpg (13KB, 220x336px) Image search: [Google]
steveirwin.jpg
13KB, 220x336px
>>41731463
>Boots and shorts never look good together.

I don't know about that...
>>
>>41723618
Stop whining and be happy about your progress
>>
File: fit.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fit.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
Since I'm on vacation now I might tend to stay awake extra time at night. Is it okay as long as I then sleep as much as I need and wake up when I feel like it? Or will this be bad for my gains?
>>
What happens when I lift while eating less than 2.000 calories a day?
>>
How bad is red wine while lifting? I usually drink a bottle a week. Nutritionally there doesn't seem anything too harmful other than empty calories.

But will the alcohol kill my gains, or is a bottle a week acceptable?
>>
Is there anything wrong with doing 50 reps a day?
>>
>>41730963
just use myfitnesspal. you weigh pasta and rice always uncooked btw
>>
File: 1485195034243.jpg (137KB, 1476x981px) Image search: [Google]
1485195034243.jpg
137KB, 1476x981px
Is it alright to eat relatively under the calories I need at a deficit?
Planned all my nutrition out and I'm at 1729 calorie allowance.
I'm wondering if I should worry about eating if I'm not hungry before a reach that number?
I've eaten about 1200 today and I'm not really hungry, might have something small.
>>
>>41729719
Get your platelet levels checked with regards to the bleeding
>>
May I ask for a form check?
https://youtu.be/Z8AtUPH66t4

I'm reasonably happy with my squats but my deadlift is terrible. Do you see any glaring mistakes?
>>
Anyone has the webm of chad checking out beta phone and he's browsing buff man pictures?

Also, is it a bad thing to run over 40km a week? in relation to knee safety and everything.
>>
>>41731666
I remember a thread where somone explained very simply how it works, basicly your body prioritizes using energy to burn the alcohol instead of using it for gains
If you truly want the gains leave alcohol altogether, a beer a month is the maximum
>>
File: 1494984239714.jpg (85KB, 1276x675px) Image search: [Google]
1494984239714.jpg
85KB, 1276x675px
how effective are push ups?
>>
is it retarded to add light bench/overhead to every workout like texas method does with squats ?
>>
>>41727234
>>41727234
I think hip dips are nice looking.
>>
Does sex boost testosterone?
>>
File: 785.png (65KB, 176x129px) Image search: [Google]
785.png
65KB, 176x129px
Is PHUL a good routine for a novice lifter? I'm skinnyfat and looking to gain muscle. I was doing PPL for the past few months, but it was hard to go to the gym 6 days a week with my schedule and my compound lifts plateaued. I did like the accessory exercises in PPL, and I'd probably get bored doing something like SS.
>>
>>41733204
PHUL is good but more for the intermediate lifter. Do some Fullbody routine for about 3 months and then go for PHUL once you have some better strength. You'd probably like full-body as it usually has a lot of accessories and hypertrophy. I'm currently doing Arnold's Golden 6 with rows, dips, and DLs and it has been really fun so far. How were your gains as a beginner on PPL?
>>
>>41733351
I guess as a preface, I should say that I've been lifting for two years but just dicked around the whole time (mostly ran a shitty self-made version of ICF) so my lifts were shit. The first two months of PPL everything was going pretty good. I was stronger than I ever was before starting PPL. But school started getting intense and I couldn't hit the gym 6 days a week and my lifts plateaued shortly after. I think a 3-4 day full-body routine would be what I'm looking for.
>>
>>41733565
2 years? Oh yeah PHUL is right up your ally then. Some of the best built guys I've ever seen in /cbt/ are doing upper lower splits. Good luck on the gains bro
>>
Started Texas method on Monday, feels good, doing ULULxxx but it's Thursday and I'm not sure if the volume caught up with me, 3rd shift caught up with me, or if I'm getting sick (sore throat), because I feel like crap and don't want to lift.

Might change it next week to ULxULxx. Motivate me to go get this fucking L day done
>>
Tried overhead tricep extensions today and I think I'm doing something wrong. All I feel is elbow pain until suddenly 8 or so reps in my triceps give up and I put the weight down. I feel no activation at all
>>
Is bodyweight shit even effective? I want to go to a gym but I don't have a car and live in middle of fuck all nowhere TN. I carpool to work but can't expect my buddy to be a fucking chauffeur. Saving for my own ride but it will take months. What am I supposed to do in the meantime?
>>
I have 50kg and 180cm. Very skinny. Can i carry on my arms a 60kg girl?
>>
dyel who's skell mode 6 foot 3 13 stone, im currently trying to put weight on healthily and making great progress on that front, should be 14 stone in a week or 2.

i don't want to start in the gym because i have no clue how to use barbells yet, how much space do you need to operate barbells safely, i have a medium sized flat, how about dumbbells just to get into the swing of things for a month before i walk with the big boys, and actually have spare money to join a gym properly.
>>
File: 1491308348979.jpg (160KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491308348979.jpg
160KB, 1080x720px
Did RDLs today. I felt a strech in my hammies but the muscle activation was all in my back. Did I fuck up? I was constantly checking my form in the mirror. Neutral back, shoulders back, butt out. But no hamstring activation
>>
File: 1496086005695.jpg (2MB, 2481x6600px) Image search: [Google]
1496086005695.jpg
2MB, 2481x6600px
>>41733675
Calisthenics is great whether losing weight or gaining. I recommend investing in a pull up bar or finding something to use as one, as well as dip bars for those nice upper body gains.
>>
Anybody know the proper dosing for an ECA stack? Thanks!
>>
>>41727823
pajeet my son you poop in the street not in the house
>>
>>41734079
500 mg in your dong vein for Max gains
>>
>>41734154
Ty bb ily
>>
During my bench press today, I started feeling pain in my left palm. Am I just holding the bar wrong?
>>
I drink a protein shake the days that I lift, usually right after. Do I drink one on my rest days too?
>>
Can i get a rate in my routine please, i'm new and i'm trying to lose fat. 188cm(6'2) and 96kg(211lbs)

A:bench press/crunches
incline dumbbell press/lying leg raises
dips/plank
calf raises
30min cardio after workout and 30 min cardio before bed.

B:squat/barbell curls
romanian deadlift/Reverse barbell curls
Leg Extension/altering dumbbell curl
calf raises/finger curls
30min cardio after workout and 30 min cardio before bed.

C:Overhead press/crunches
elevation frontal dumbbell/lying leg raises
elevation lateral dumbbell/plank
shrugs
calf raises
calf raises/finger curls
30min cardio after workout and 30 min cardio before bed

D:deadlift
pull up/skull crusher
chin up/bench dips
calf raises
30min cardio after workout and 30 min cardio before bed

There is no rest in my routine so i think it's a circuit routine. i'm eating 1600kcal.
>>
>>41734181
Probably. I once bruised one of my wrist bones and that always hurt whenever I benched. Does your hand hurt when you press hard in the same area?
>>
>>41734181
Might be, remember to hold the bar firmly
>>41734184
If it fits in your diet, yeah best on a bulk though desu
>>
>>41734230
>Does your hand hurt when you press hard in the same area?

Not really, no. Maybe I'm just trying to lift too much? I'll lower the weight next time, and see how that goes.
>>
>>41734229
please someone help a fattie out
>>
Is it recommended to switch between low bar and high bar? Also, what is a good front to back squat ratio?
>>
I think I have plateaued in most of my compound lifts. What's the best way to push past it? I normally do 4x8 bench,3x5 squat and 4x8-10 ohp if that info is needed. Also, thoughts on squatting 3x a week as mine is lagging
>>
File: crossfit.gif (2MB, 168x289px) Image search: [Google]
crossfit.gif
2MB, 168x289px
I see both cardiobunnies and overweight powerlifter types on the Stairmaster. Is it really that good? They're always plodding along kind of slowly. Is it even cardio at the point? Should I be doing this on my cardio days?
Image so people will look at this.
>>
>>41725209
Just keep lifting. Your grip will get stronger like everything else
>>
>>41727974
Strength =/= size.
And the huge guys put a fuck ton of work into looking like that so if you don't eat 4000 calories a day or more you won't get big like that
>>
Have you seen black and white dots after a diddly?
I'm not talking the regular tunnel vision shit

This was some real hallucination shit
>>
What's the best thing to do for cardio/calorie burn at home in a cramped apartment? I memed myself into napping until the gym closed
>>
>>41735617
Jacks or burpies I guess
Or just leaving and doing a jog
>>
>>41735625
I would leave and do a jog but there's a bunch of sketchy hobo/druggie types around here at night

guess I'll do burpees, thanks
>>
So in the sticky it seems to suggest that starting strength is what I should start with but everyone consistently mocks it. What should I actually start with for a workout routine to get maximum aesthetic gains?
>>
>>41735668
Do SS
It's a meme to mock it ,yes
But it's still the best

Warning though, it is T-rex focused
So work in some arms

Also, don't worry about aesthetics at all if you're a newbie
>>
>>41735668
Starting strength but not getting memed by gomad unles you're a skelly and even then do it for only six months so you learn all of the important shit
>>
Should I get some lifting shoes? I'm more of a casual lifter, been using some Nike (kaishi I think is the model) shoes for a while now.
>>
>>41721830
Is PPL a good idea for a skinny guy trying to build muscle?
>>
>>41735693
Nope

SS is for skeles
100% worth it
>>
>>41735690
If you're not a competition lifter, then flat soled shoes are what you want.
>>
>>41735713
Examples of good flat shoes?
>>
>>41735706
ty
>>
tips on overcoming shoulder dominance on chest workouts?
>>
>>41735730
Wider grip?
>>
>>41735720
No real recommendations
My shoes are some bootleg Walmart shit that just so happened to fit perfectly.
They're practically moccasins now after I wore the soles out
>>
>>41721830
166 pounds and still dropping, im 5'11 and no sign of abs yet, lost 80 pounds over the course of 7 months
whats the deal
been doing resistance training twice a week for 3 months, i dont expect to be ripped, but why arent my abs even close to here?
>>
File: (77).png (166KB, 800x650px) Image search: [Google]
(77).png
166KB, 800x650px
fuck fit
I just cannot progress my DL over 115 lbs, it feels as if my tailbone is being pinched, if I go over that the pain will last a long time.
I've tried changing my form in many ways, everyone always tells me my back is straight and shit like that.
Is this genetic or something? a weak muscle? my fucking bench already caught up to my deadlift
>>
>>41735773
Look close to your ribs
Those ripples?
That's your abs

160 at 5'11 is still pretty fatty if you're not ripped as shit
If you're a DYEL losing eight you won't see real abs till you're like 130 and that's Auschwitz mode

Abs are overrated until you're 1/2/3/4
>>
>>41735778
>115 DL

H-how?
I can't fathom your problem
I'm a skinny DYEL and I hit 250 on my DL today.

Your ass hurts? Is that the problem? Or just above your asshole?
If it's above your shitter by like 2 or 3 inches, then your form is crap
That's your lower back.

Put your feet under the bar.
Place your chest over it and then drape your arms till your arms are dangling
Dangle your arms till they can grab the bar
Grab it
Then push your ass down and lift your shoulders
Then activate your legs and lift the fuck out that bar while trying to keep your shoulders in the exact same position as you started
>>
>>41735674
Is there a reason a bigger shouldn't just start at Stronglifts 5x5? Is this also T-Rex inducing?
>>
File: 1496583184947.jpg (87KB, 700x767px) Image search: [Google]
1496583184947.jpg
87KB, 700x767px
I just started to get /fit/
I did 5 push ups, took a 2 minute break, then went back to do 5 more push ups
Is this bad routine, taking breaks between small workouts?
>>
>>41735838
I'll give it a try with these steps, btw, does the first lift of from the ground feel impossible to you? when I lower my ass too much it feels like so.

It hurts on the bump above the ass btw
>>
>>41735844
I'm not too familiar with Stronglifts
If it's like SS then do all the compounds and some curls and skullcrushers
>>
Any best shoulder exercises?

I think I fucked my shoulders up recently unloading pallets at work. They've always felt weak for whatever reason, kind want to build them up to prevent future injuries, etc.
>>
>>41735898
Sounds a bit like a bit of a buttwink?

Do you have anterior pelvic tilt?

At the bottom of a diddly, you should look like a equilateral triangle

Arms straight down
Elbows to hips like a straight line, and your back straight to your shoulders
Then all going up equally

Best feeling IMO
>>
>>41735859
Not as a concept, but nigga you're taking two minutes for 5 pushups
>>
>>41735950
It's the first time in my life I ever exercised.
I'm very skinny. Maybe that has something to do with it?
>>
>>41735859
You're very lightweight
I mean twink levels

It's good that you're trying
But go to the gym and do some barbel lifts
>>
>>41735800
i was 17% bf at 180 and i heard a lot of people get them at 15%, i see the ripples but fuck that man, i want something real.
aw well, keep lifting til i see them i guess
>>
File: 1496863923317.png (152KB, 1388x1916px) Image search: [Google]
1496863923317.png
152KB, 1388x1916px
>>41735997
>too lightweight to do pushups
>cant do barbells because spine problems
>>
>>41735937
I have a bit of pelvic tilt, but no while deadlifting, I already fixed my buttwink to a considerable extent.
tomorrow I'll check out DLs again, might make a pure DL session if I can't work out proper form at first
thanks for the tips
>>
File: scoliosis.jpg (56KB, 800x459px) Image search: [Google]
scoliosis.jpg
56KB, 800x459px
>>41736054
Scoobs had scoliosis
Fuck off
>>
File: spine.jpg (65KB, 563x840px) Image search: [Google]
spine.jpg
65KB, 563x840px
>>41736069
I already had the surgery.
I don't want to lift something too heavy and break all the nuts and bolts in my spine.
>>
>>41736058
That's not something everyone does
Doing a diddly sesh
Usually it's a 3x3 all out shit
But if you need training for the form, then go for it

Don't forget the guidance of SS though

Maybe not do diddlies and go for squats.
Low bar squats activate some of the same muscles
>>
>>41736085
Shit man, sorry

Did your doc tell you not do this shit?
I've heard that doing good strength training helps shit like that because your muscles become stronger and more able to support janked up bones

But I don't want to promote you to literally snapping your shit
>>
>>41736069
God I hate this faggots goofy face.
>>
>>41736085
Lifting increases bone density. If you eat healthily and work up slowly it shouldn't be a problem. Ask your doctor, but if you can carry shit around your house you can use a barbell.

Also, aren't those nuts and bolts steel or an equivalent?
>>
I have a bad back and can't do stuff like deadlifts and bent over rows. Is there anything I can replace them with or is it not even worth working out if I can't do full routines.
>>
>>41736107
I think he said no lifting of 10 lbs for around a year. Kind of forgot the exact number.

>>41736122
Carrying 10 lbs is a lot different than lifting 10 lbs over your head repeatedly, right?

Either way, I have my 1 year post surgery check up with my doctor coming up. I'll just ask him then.
Thanks though.
>>
all I have in my home are five pound dumbells, can I get some kind of results with these if I really try? I cant go to a gym until at least august since I am busy for a variety of reasons.
>>
>>41736193
Good luck m8-e. If lifting doesn't work out, there's plenty more you can do.
>>
>>41736193
Lifting is love
Lifting is life

I hope your doc says you can join us
I don't know what I'd do if I didn't get to lift some heavy ass shit every week
>>
>>41736085
the nuts and bolts are probably stronger than your spine lol
>>
>>41733666
They suck for me too. Stretch your triceps and do dumbbell close grip bench.
>>
>>41733666
>>41736349
I do skullcrushers because I'm a DYEL
My elbows hurt but it they still activate my tris
I recommend them

My arms wobble like fuck but I complete the motion
>>
File: okay pepe.jpg (45KB, 570x487px) Image search: [Google]
okay pepe.jpg
45KB, 570x487px
>>41721935
Looks good
>>
>>41727953
>>41728015
Also do a slow bulk to minimize fat gain
>>
>>41728648
That would indicate a hernia. You probably don't have a hernia, not sure why your ball hurts. When you wack it are you maybe pulling it to the side?
>>
>>41727108
Bump
>>
>>41736349
>>41736437
Thanks. I'll try these
>>
>5'8
>142lb

So I've been lifting on a cut for about 4 months now. My gains are beginning to stall hard. However, I still look kinda flabby in the mirror. I started a lot heavier and was expecting by the time I hit this weight I would be able to bulk cleanly and not worry about starting off with a bit of chub. What gives? I can't imagine cutting much more to be healthy.
>>
>>41736772
why would you be "cutting" at 5'8 142 pounds..and trying to put on muscle?

each and every person who tries to "bulk" and "cut" without already being deeply into weightlifting has no idea what they are doing

these concepts are irrelevant to you as a beginner. eat 3000+ fucking calories a day until you weigh at least as much as a man, jesus.
>>
>>41736772
Bulk first then cut
That's the law

You can't build a structure without scaffolding
>>
>>41736798
Because I was a fat cunt when I started trying to lose weight. After doing just cardio and shit for a while I ended up getting too weak as I was eating at a heavy deficit while doing an hour of intense cardio every day. I changed to doing weights and found my fat was slowly turning to muscle and I was looking better and better. I wanted to get down to a lower bf% before eating a shitload so I didn't just look even fatter. Until I hit 142 I was eating 500 calories under TDEE. My issue is that my bf% is still too high and eating at a bulk would make it rise which is exactly what I've been working against.
>>
>>41736836
kid you are a girl...you are approaching working out, life, the way you look, as a girl

"oh no muh body fat %!!!" you are fucking 140 pounds at 5'8 you are a skeleton homie lol
>>
>>41736860
My belly still protrudes past my chest, I don't look at all like a skelly yet. I fear that bulking will just make me fatter. It seems weird to trust numbers on a scale when what I see contradicts that.
>>
>>41736836
>>41736860
Don't listen to this shit poster. Many guides out there, including those in the sticky, will recommend that you get fairly lean before starting a bulk. Keep cutting and focus on getting rid of that excess fat so you can focus on building muscle without having to stop and cut so often later on.
>>
Hi /fit/! I'm a skeletor and I need some advice on eating.
I'm 60kg on 190cm and I have been doing pushups at home for about two months. I can do 4 sets of 15 pushups with only the last set being difficult but I still feel like my muscles are atrophied.
I need to put on weight, but the stuff I find online doesn't help at all. So, my question is: In order to put on weight (the good kind), what do I need to eat and how often do I need to eat it?
>>
>>41736916
>Don't listen to this shit poster. Many guides out there, including those in the sticky

i'm the one person who comes to this board who has a degree in exercise science, ironically

if you are 5'8 140 you don't need to be worried about the concepts of bulk and cut period. eat 3000 calories lift heavy things until you look vaguely male.
>>
>>41736920
It doesn't matter what you eat
Go to the gym

Protein helps, but it doesn't really make your lifts useless if you don't eat much

Go to the gym a lot
Eat a bunch
There is no other secret
>>
File: IMG_8810.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8810.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Is pic related /fit approved?
>>
>>41736948
>Eat a bunch
This type of advice makes me want to hang myself
>>
>>41736985
make these

http://damndelicious.net/2012/12/16/hoisin-asian-meatballs-sundaysupper/
>>
>>41736985
Ground turkey is a very solid choice; lean making it even better. I wish I could enjoy it more otherwise I'd have it all the time.
>>
File: IMG_8811.jpg (907KB, 3264x2071px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8811.jpg
907KB, 3264x2071px
>>41737027
Nah man, taco sauce and rice

I just meant is it too processed or still considered good meat
>>
>>41737055
>is ground meat "too processed"

??????????
>>
>>41737055
i-it's just meat that was put through a grinder. Would be a different story if you were buying $5 frozen spicy chicken nuggets, or something.
>>
how many calories is 120kj? it says 30 but i dont believe that
>>
>>41723188
not a shit ton
>>
Skinnyfag here, I'm pretty close to 60kg bench, 55kg now but these few days I have notice that my right shoulder kinda hurt when unracking the bar off, what's happening?

I just want to make it to 60kg bench damn it.
>>
>>41735859

5 push ups are too little, but I guess everyone has to start somewhere. I would say continue til you can do like 30 push ups straight, then look up harder push up variants.
>>
File: Bowflex SelectTech 560 Dumbbell.jpg (132KB, 1405x1053px) Image search: [Google]
Bowflex SelectTech 560 Dumbbell.jpg
132KB, 1405x1053px
Home gym fag here
Is this worth it or should I get the 552?
>>
I've started getting sick and have to work nightshift all weekend. I'm worried I'll just make it worse and/or contaminate gym equipment.

should i just stay home and try to get better or go attempt my workout anyway?

feels like I should let my body recover but I always feel disappointed if i miss a workout.
>>
I've been awake for nearly 18 hours doing literally nothing and I don't feel tired. I'm thinking about going to the gym in the next hour, should I go or just sleep first?
>>
Is it just me or has myprotein gotten significantly pricier lately?
>>
When people talk about achieving 1/2/3/4 plate, how many reps is that?
>>
How do I fix my OHP? Even after a deload at 30kg I am still fucking it up. I think my main issue is that my back arches back whenever I'm trying to push shit up since I always end up with lower back pain.
>>
File: Ana Cheri.jpg (121KB, 628x767px) Image search: [Google]
Ana Cheri.jpg
121KB, 628x767px
Made gains.

At party.

They want to see muscles.

Give them the whole package.

What is a good way to get GOOD PUMP going on in the main 'show off muscles' (delts, lats, biceps, chest, legs, abs, and ass) in like 5-10 or so minutes I could prepare in another room without weights?

Grill for time spent responding.
>>
>>41738080
Go
>>
whats a good 1 day a week lifting routine with an upper body focus?

for context I do kickboxing 3 days a week and usually go for a run on weekends.
>>
Wouldn't the increase in attractivness from going from 5'8 to 6' vastly outweigh the negative effects of being unproportioned or leg scars that people will rarely even see anyway?
For 13k leg extensioning surgery actually doesn't sound like a bad idea
And its pretty safe too, just takes around a year or two to get the bone back to full strength.
>>
>>41738672
Skateboard squATS 5x5
Pushups
Biceps flexes
10x10 breathe with balls like elliot hulse
Deep chants for maximum voice pump
Anders chewing gum
>>
File: SM150211-3-large.png (119KB, 405x345px) Image search: [Google]
SM150211-3-large.png
119KB, 405x345px
>>41721830
When cooking chicken breast in my contact/panini grill it's either overcooked or not caramelized.
How do I improve my panini chicken game?
>>
>>41721939
It took me a long time as well. Some days it seemed like it went worse than the last time. But eventually I managed to do negatives quite easily. Then I started doing as many real chins as I could and finished the sets with negatives. Now I'm making progress with weight almost every time. You'll get there, just keep doing what you're doing.
>>
>>41739015
I just used tin foil on both the upper and lower plate. You'll have to peel some off your chicken sometimes but you will barely have to clean it.
>>
WHAT ARE SOME ALTERNATIVES TO BULGARIAN SPLIT SQUATS?
>>
I am beginner, how should my workout cycle look like? When do I do and repeat biceps,legs,back,chest,etc. if I am going 3 times per week to the gym?
Is it normal to start with 5x5 if Im skelly beginner?

Many thanks
>>
>>41739675
read sticky, follow a program
>>
>>41739686
I did, I guess I will have to re-read it about when to repeat particular body parts workouts..
>>
What is SS?
>>
>>41739894
Semen Suckage, a technique used by hardcore powerlifters to acquire maximum protein intake
>>
>>41739740
>body parts workouts
come on man, read the sticky.
don't just pretend you read it.

>>41739894
Starting Strength, a beginner program by Mark Rippetoe
If you'd read the sticky you would've known that.
>>
>>41722919

Don't listen to this guy >>41722970

meta-analysis determines that for optimal strength development, one to two rest days between sessions is ideal for beginners training three days per week and experienced exercisers training two days per week.
>>
>>41724120
bumping and seconding this
>>
Why do I feel sick every time I eat canned salmon? I feel bloated and sweaty afterwards, never happens with any other food. I only have it once a week or two so I doubt it's a mercury problem
>>
>>41721935
>>41726323
The pause only helps if he's still engaging his legs at the bottom of his squat, it looks almost as if he's as low as he can go and is relaxing at that point.
>>
>>41727108
That's not a normal thing, maybe your form is off? Try using the 2.5lb/5lb plates beneath your heels method. If that's not the issue, you could try warming your heels up. Maybe a little stretching will help it out
>>
>>41727291
Not really, just look up some routines for abs or whatever you want to do. I usually go with 4x12-15 for abs, I think that's the go to for most people
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.