[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Routine Rate Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1468102169037.jpg (126KB, 960x859px) Image search: [Google]
1468102169037.jpg
126KB, 960x859px
Didn't see one in the catalogue.

Post your routine, get it judged, ask for advice, whatever.

I'll start! I butchered Texas Method and Split the 5RMs across the week, followed by the volume for whatever lift. BW is 62kg (5'9), current 5RM are 75kg bench, 160kg deadlift, 120kg squat, 80kg row, and 47.5kg OHP.

Mon:
1x5rm OHP
1x5rm Row
2x5 80%5rm snatch grip deadlift
5x3 cleans
4x8-12 leg curls

Tues:
1x5RM Squat
5x5 80-90%5rm OHP
5x5 80-90%5rm row
4x8-12 T-bar rows
3x8-12 seated db OHP

Wed:
1x5rm Bench
5x5 80-90%5rm squat
4x8-12 front squats
3x8-12 overhead squats (still working on mobility for these)

Fri:
1x5RM deadlift
5x5 80-90%5rm bench
4x8-12 db incline bench
4x8-12 db decline bench
3x8-12 db flies
3x8-12 dips (weighted)

I throw in a couple of arm exercises, and some core exercises (windscreen wipers, dragon flags, hanging legs raises), each time I go. Cardio on Mon, Wed, and Thursday.
>>
pls do SL, SS, Greyskull or any other linear beginner program and pls bulk
>>
>>41720306
I did SS for about 8 months, then moved onto standard TM for a while before I started this. I actually cut down to this weight deliberately, I wanted to start competing locally
>>
You won't be making consistent week on week strength gains with that.

Personally I think you would do better with a standard basic TM and gain some damn weight before trying to do so much volume work.
>>
>>41720359
I'm trying to avoid putting on weight though.

When I was running basic TM I kept running into walls until I added more volume. Is that my body telling me I can't get any stronger at this weight?
>>
>>41720289
I run and do push ups every day. That's it.

Not gonna make it.
>>
>>41720423
You should at least do sit ups and bodyweight squats to go with that
>>
>>41720456
I definitely should. Since my teen years I've relied on running alone to stave off getting fat. As I've aged though, with bouts of consistent running between month long breaks depending on depression, I've taken on a more skinnyfat appearance. Somewhat obscured by having a good face and what I think is good shoulder width, but I don't dare take my shirt off.

This past month I've really started to make a change by turning it into an everyday thing with different kinds of push ups. That plus some level of meal prep to stop me from spending so much money going out. My current goal is to just get rid of the burgeoning mantit. Still pretty fucking weak, famalam but I ain't giving up.
>>
>>41720631
I was memeing, but good for you for not giving up.
>>
on a cut, 80kg currently, navy method gave 17% calipers gave 17.2%bf. calorie goal is 1900 per day, averaging 120-160g protein a day, but 1-2x a week i let myself eat up to 2300-2500.
barbell rows, 5 sets of 5. i try to avoid using any body english.
close grip bench press, 5 sets of 5. i was doing regular pause bench, but my lockout was keeping me from progressing so i swapped it out for cgbp.
chin ups to failure (PR is 6, did 5 sets of 3 today) or pullovers for 4 sets of 10
z press, 2 sets of 5 and 1 set to failure (got 8 with the same weight)
*skullcrushers, with full shoulder rotation. 3 sets of 8
*hammer curls 2 sets of 12
*wrist curls 3 sets of 12
*lateral raises 2 sets of 15
* means i don't do it every single upper body day. if i'm tired, i just do the basics. today i had extra energy, so i did some more volume and i'll be doing abs and neck later.
what i posted was what i did today. took about 90 minutes.
leg day is
squat, starting with about 50% e1rm. adding 5-10lbs every set, i do sets of 5 until i don't feel like i have 1-2 reps left in the tank after that fifth rep.
deadlifts up to 1 peak set of 5, or a few sets of 2-3 snatch grip.
barbell hip thrusts, 3 or 4 sets of 10
if i'm tired, i do 3 sets of 5 for squats and a couple sets of deadlifts at about 75-80% of what i was planning to do.
upper body mon/wed/fri
lower body tues/thurs but sometimes i move thursday's leg day to saturday for recovery reasons.
>>
>>41722036

80kg at 17%BF? How small are you?
>>
>>41722676
5'10''-5'11'' or so. men my height generally say they're 6' to 6'1'', so i figure i'm about 2-3'' below that.
also noob lifter. 4 months in, starting weight was 90kg
>>
>>41722712

Interesting, it's probably from the insane body dysmorphia brought on with no help from this site but I'm 82kg at 5'10" at 14%bf and I always consider myself mediocre.

Your program you listed there was too busy looking for me to bother reading.

Program:
Day1:
hour bodyweight routine (teaching an aerobics class, kek)
Couple cycles of Kettlebell Swings/snatches/Getups/various circuits
50Lbs KB

Day2:
Rack Pulls 1x5 pyramid
Bent Row 3x8
Pull Ups 3x failure
DB Hammer Curls 3x6
Cable machine Curls 3x12

Day3:
hour bodyweight routine
Playing around on gymnast rings, can do 6 uneven pullups and 3 muscleups, working on false grip techniques and beginner rings stuff
Play around with the KB, swings and getups

day4:
Bench 3x5
Seated OHP 3x5
Skullcrushers 3x8
Lat Delt Raise 3x15
Cable Tri Extensions 3x12

Day 5:
Cardio and playing around with Calisthenics, Plyometrics Crossfag inspired stuff

Weekend I usually bike around and I drum metal which gets a good sweat going
>>
File: Today.png (30KB, 705x240px) Image search: [Google]
Today.png
30KB, 705x240px
I'm gonna make it. When should I switch from planks to crunches?
>>
>>41720333
I'm getting back into SS and I'm kind of worried about how long I could be on it. Last time I did an LP I was on for like 1.5 years and got DL up to like 450, 400 squat, and 315 bench, forget my press but probably 150ish.
Seems like everyone I read about is only on SS for like 4-8 months at max, and I'm not sure if it's just because I did SL 5x5 into 3x5 that it wound up taking me so long (and of course I did do the "start with only the bar" meme even though I could probably have benched >135 at that point).
What's a timeline for wanting to be done with LP, I don't wanna move on too early, but I feel like it's a hell I'm not sure how to exit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.