[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mother is starting to lose her hair and this is worrying me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I know this isn't fitness related, but I'm asking anyway because I can't stand it.

She's 62, from the West Indies, and recently started losing hair on the sides of the head (pic related). She weighs 45kg and is 157cm tall.

I tried giving her some vitamins (Vit B and D) to no avail.
She's got thyroid issues, but has been taking medication for several years now (Levothyrox and Tenstaten).

What could it be, /fit/? She got a doctor appointment tomorrow.
>>
>>41715953
Bump
>>
>>41715953
>]
>>41715953
>>
>>41715953
You inherit your hair from your mother's father
>>
Many women experience hair loss after menopause.

This is mainly because their estrogen levels have been reduced and therefore cant balance out the testosterone and it's metabolite DHT
>>
>>41716350
Is this true? I have the exact same balding pattern as my Dad does and my Mother's Dad still has his hair at 72
>>
>>41716350
is this actually true?
>>
>>41716474
Shit. Is there a remedy to that?
>>
>>41716504
>>41716525

No, genetics doesn't work like that. There are a lot of genes correlated to balding, they're not all (if any) on the X chromosome.

It's just a meme for people who are too retarded to understand genetics.
>>
>>41716350
Wrong

>>41716504
>>41716525
No.
>>
>>41716533

Hormone replacement therapy.

Spirolactelone is used by many women experiencing female androgen related hair loss.

It works by blocking the receptors that testosterone and DHT binds to.

This is in contrast with finasteride which works by reducing the serum levels of DHT alone.
>>
>>41715953
Everyone thins, women more than men.

It doesnt matter if you've got the thickest hair on the planet you'll still thin as you age.

Dont worrying about it, you cant control it.
>>
>>41715953

Just shave it bro. Tell your mom to get jacked and grow a beard.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.