[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Educate me on eggs, fit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
TFW I realize one large egg has 67% of daily cholesterol. I know that all the cholesterol is in the yolk, should I switch to eggwhites? What are the benefits of the yolk? Thanks in advance.
>>
shameless bump
>>
>>41711073
My grandparents ate eggs every day and they DIED. Literally a heart attack on a plate. Quit eggs asap.
>>
eggs increase risk of cancer and feed cancerous tumors
>>
>>41711073

Egg whites are the healthier choice. You'll probably get a lot of responses saying to eat as many whole eggs as you want, but if you plan on eating a significant amount of egg for protein, ditch the yolk.
>>
It's primarily saturated fat, not dietary cholesterol that contributes to blood cholesterol. As long as you daily saturated fat intake isn't too high you should be fine.

The mainstream recommendations on saturated fat intake is that at most 10% and ideally no more than 7% of your caloric intake should come from saturated fat.

A few whole eggs every day should be fine.
>>
>>41711098
my grandparents ate eggs everyday and they are IMMORTAL now. Eat eggs asap.
>>
What is /fit/'s opinion on liquid egg whites that you can buy in the supermarket?
>>
>>41711105

>It's primarily saturated fat, not dietary cholesterol that contributes to blood cholesterol

But both do contribute to blood cholesterol. If saturated fat is worse, it doesn't mean dietary cholesterol is fine, and eggs are a very concentrated source of it.
>>
>>41711073
Egg whites are the way to go, anon. 2 Large egg whites give you the same amount of protein as one whole large egg, and only have 34 calories.
>>
>>41711141
A lot of modern research is saying the effect of dietary cholesterol on blood cholesterol is overstated and even the American Heart Association has relaxed their limits on egg consumption.

I'm not saying that OP should go eat a dozen eggs every day but 2 or 3 eggs for breakfast should be fine.
>>
>>41711263

>A lot of modern research is saying the effect of dietary cholesterol on blood cholesterol is overstated

In 1992, 29% of research on dietary cholesterol was funded by the egg industry. In 2013, 92% of research on dietary cholesterol was funded by the egg industry. Newer studies coming out that claim that dietary cholesterol isn't a serious issue are mostly rigged to find a marketable outcome or simple opinion articles written by people who are payed to say good things about eggs.

>even the American Heart Association has relaxed their limits on egg consumption.

Got a link? I haven't heard that
>>
>>41711073
fucking hate eggs

smell like shit, just the smell makes me want to gag
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.