[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are the best shoes for lifting? conversefag here looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6233.png (888KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6233.png
888KB, 1200x1200px
what are the best shoes for lifting? conversefag here looking for recommendations
>>
any purpose built shoe will do, but powerlift 2.0's are probably gonna leave the market next year and, anywhere that clearances their shoes will put em out for a good price
>>
>>41710307
Thanks anon I'll check them out!
>>
I am happy with my Adidas Power Perfect IIs
>>
>>41710182
i have the shoes in op's pic. They look good with sweats and are good gym shoes.
>>
>>41710327
Don't think you have to get that specific shoe tho, like any product there's always a newer model for every particular brand and price point and the new one is less an update and more a restyle
I mean you find anything considered last season and is selling for a discounted rate go ahead and buy that instead
>>
>>41710376
yup always looks good, but ive always been fine squatting in converse, so i dont see any reason for me to get squat shoes just yet
>>
>>41710182

Barefoot would be BEST. Human feet didn't evolve with an inch of cushion underneath them.
Otherwise, the least amount of crap between your feet and the ground, the better.
>>
>>41710182
Barefoot for DL adipowers for everything else.
>>
>>41710763
so basically what OP posted? Converse have like 2-3mm of padding on the soles and thats it. Thats why theyre so popular
>>
>>41710182
I'm literally wearing that exact shoe now. Spoopy.
>>
>>41710763
If only we're allowed to lift barefoot in the gym, anon.
>>
>>41710763
Humans did not involve to lift slender rods of iron with large chunks of iron loaded on either side
nor did they evolve to sleep 8 hours in one sitting
>>
I prefer my adipowers for squatting, but literally everything else is done in high top converse. Black on black is objectively the best color too.
>>
>>41710182
Wider to narrower: Rbk>Nike>Adidas.
Quality/price the PL2s might be good for you if your foot fits in them
The Rbk Crossfit Lite are A-ok and cheap af, but quite wide
>>
>>41710904

That's very true
>>
>>41710182

I own all these shoes

>chucks
Flat shoe with very little compression in sole. Great for deadlifting, both sumo and conventional. This shoe might not be good for people with limited ankle dorsiflexion since flat shoes require you to have slightly more forward lean on squats. The shoes hold up just fine for sumo deadlift and gripping has never been an issue for me. down side is that they are kinda narrow comapred to a squat shoe, so lateral stability is not as good as a normal lifting shoe. Lateral stability is usually not a limiting factor in squats or conventional deadlifts though.
Colors are plenty and lets just admit it; looking good in the gym and having the right color is very important. I don't recommend newbies to buy squat shoes (or any equipment at all). Ben Rice has squatted over 6 platees for reps in Chucks. If it's good enough for a national level PLer, it's good enough for you

>Adipower
The most popular WL shoe.Really good shoe with effective heel height of three quarter inch heel. Comes in 3 colorways but the all blacked out verison is bar far the coolest. This shoe is NOT leather but still has a great fit. They are heavier than chucks and you will feel glued to the floor if you compared them to chucks. The sole is still very flexible in the forefoot area which some may like if they like to do other stuff than squats or WL in the shoes (box jumps, lunges, bench etc) a bery high quality shoe but the material in upper area of the foot is PU and has a cheap feel. It doesn't impract performance at all but for the price tag, I feel like the shoe is a little light (compared to other WL shoes). It's a good shoe, but if you want to be literally glued to the ground due to the weigh of the shoes, the next shoe might be for you
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (164KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
164KB, 1920x1080px
I use Ryderwear shoes, they're comfy to run in and they make powerlifting a breeze
>>
>>41711144
>Nike romaleo 2
This shoe is like a tank. It's in the same tier as the Adipower and also in the same pricerange
This shoe has two straps compared to adipowers 1 strap. This shoe is significantly heavier than Adipowers and for squats, I personally like this more. This is NOT leather either. Romaleos are better suited for wide feet since the sole is wider and the attachment of the material is further out than the adipiower. The sole on Romaleos are thick (you are higher off the ground) but the effective heel heigh is the same. I prefer this over the Adipower since they are sturdier, heavier and has a higher sole, which makes it easier to maintain my arch on bench press.

Hope this helps

I'm a size 42-42.5 EU. My romaleos, adipower and chucks are all 42.5. Adipowers run a little narrower than romaleos.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.