[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How dangerous is football on an amateur level for the brain?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: vlcsnap-2015-10-27-16h20m14s383.png (534KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-10-27-16h20m14s383.png
534KB, 1280x720px
How dangerous is football on an amateur level for the brain? Have often do concussions happen and what effect do they have long term?

I joined a team recently to actually make use of my gains, and I am not sure anymore if it is worth it.
>>
Great typos. Apparently it is already too late for me. Fuck.
>>
>>41704836
I played football for 6 years and I have gotten my belling rung a couple times.

I defiantly don't have depression or any of that other symptoms of concussions as of late, will it happen later in life idk.

I really loved football and I wouldn't be the person I am today without it. I really don't know what to tell you man , I would keep playing
>>
>>41704836
Just finished working on a study of pediatric concussions: the problem is that niggers don't know how to tackle properly. Rugball doesn't have nearly as many head injuries.
>>
>>41704836
Played hockey, football, and rugby my whole life. Just from experience I've never been "diagnosed" with a concussion, but I've taken some hard af hits. As far as I can tell 99% of my teammates in all the sports were fine too.

The only people I know who had problems were people who had a 1st concussion and then got a 2nd one while still recovering from the first.

>first kid
>takes a hit from behind in hockey
>pretty serious concussion
>takes some time to recover but comes back too early
>hit from behind again
>ends up in a coma for 3 months and has to relearn how to walk and talk and shit
>he's "good" now but basically doctors said he's mentally "all there" but his body can't react fast enough to what his brain is telling it to do
>talks like Stevie from Malcom in the Middle
second kid
>almost MLG CoD player
>takes a hit from behind in hockey and thinks is probably concussed
>takes a hit in rugby and is definitely concussed
>doesn't take any time off to recover
>takes another bad hit in hockey for the death blow
>kid is basically retarded now
>can't play video games for more than like 15 mins
>can't watch tv/movies and struggles to go to a theatre
>super fuckin slow now, like misses the most obvious things, but verbally you'd think he's all there
>dropped out of university because doctors recommended that he try not to think too hard
>he can't ride in cars that are too "rumble-y"

Only person I saw get really hurt in football was guy put 1 arm out to break his fall on a tackle and bent his elbow 180 degrees backwards. Just fuckin' shattered it.
>>
>>41704836
It's not unless you're a retard who leads with his head.
>>
>>41706816
That's more of an advanced neck fuckery move, anon.

And depends on you and your coach, OP.
Assuming you're not in some piece of shit club/school, there should be a sports med technician on staff to check ya out before/during the game, and your coach should pull ya from the game in the event of a concussion.
Seeing stars, can't remember the last play, or lost consciousness after getting sacked? Have yourself checked out real quick.
If ya are concussed, prep to miss ya next game and couple weeks. If symptoms (low concentration, irritability, poor balance, etc) persist, expect an extra month or two.
Your odds of getting concussed increases with each concussion, so with proper monitoring and coach, football isn't that much worst than other contact sports, but that often isn't the case, so check.

-t high school sports med assistant
>>
>>41704836
This is what happens to your brain.

Basically each impact (not just to your head, but body in general) hard enough will make your brain hurts.

And after some time you will become retard in one way or another as the squishy parts of brain gets damaged permanently. The onle good part is that you wont be able to notice how dumb you become. For your, it will feel as you were always like that. Only your friends will be able to tell.

If you cant make money out of it, consider doing somethibg else.

Cheers.
>>
>>41704836
humans aren't designed to bang their heads into things. there's evidence that you'll get brain damage even if you never get a concussion
>>
Guy I know got some pretty severe brain damage

>was playing rugby
>took a tackle awkwardly
>spent a month in a coma
>whenever you speak to him now all he says is shit about 'redpills' and 'the jews'
>>
>>41704836
College or Highschool?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.