[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Protein Quality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: you're toast kid.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
you're toast kid.gif
2MB, 202x360px
How much does protein quality matter?

Recently I've started eating more egg whites, which have a protein quality of 145. Prior to this I was eating quite a lot of steak/beef, which has a protein quality of only 83, and pork which wasn't much better.

Beans, by comparison, have a protein quality of 103 - not a complete protein, granted, but which can be made so with pasta/etc. Not that I'm getting my protein from carbs but it's an interesting comparison.
>>
>>41703432
Proteins, on a molecular level are chains of amino acids. There's no such thing as steak proteins being better than ground beef proteins. They're the same thing.

What does matter is what comes with those proteins. Lean chicken protein may be better for you than a fatty burger patty, depending on your goals.

If you want to get into the nitty gritty science, then that's beyond my grasp. But also know that field of science is in its infancy, and I guarantee that what they believe today, won't be what they believe in the next few years, as is the case with EVERY new field of science. So take everything you read with a grain of salt, regardless of the source.
>>
File: protei4.gif (13KB, 548x414px) Image search: [Google]
protei4.gif
13KB, 548x414px
>>41703432
Where did you find those values?
>>
>>41703567

>human milk best protein

I need to get me some lactating titties.
>>
>>41703518
no, proteins definitely differ.
there are lots of different proteins that have different impacts on muscle building and repair.
>>
>>41703518
Yet different proteins are made up of different amino acid chains so they definitely differ in what they bring to your diet.
>>
>>41703567
I'm surprised there's not a human milk industry. Would totally buy some.
>>
>>41703567

nutritiondata.com I think
>>
File: Dental Pepe.jpg (23KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
Dental Pepe.jpg
23KB, 250x243px
>>41703432

>How much does protein quality matter?

A lot.

As you say, eggs/egg whites pretty much have the highest score.

What this means is that if you eat 40g protein's worth of eggs, your body will be able to put about 38g of that to use.

By contrast, if you were to eat 40g protein's worth of beef, only around 30g of that protein would actually be useful.

This is due to amino acid chains being incomplete/etc.

Dairy protein is by far the best (they're 'complete' proteins, after all), with lean chicken/tuna not far behind.
>>
>>41703518
>If you want to get into the nitty gritty science, then that's beyond my grasp
You completely lack any knowledge on the matter.
Proteins are chains of aminoacids, true enough, but the number and tipe of aminos that constitute the protein itslef changes. Some proteins are worse than other because they lack some components (esseantial aminoacids) that you need in order to, for example, synthetize biological tissue.
OP's post is still kind of idiotic because it lacks any unit of measure or context
>>
>>41704159
So, is whey powder a good source of protein?
>>
File: i.png (36KB, 657x696px) Image search: [Google]
i.png
36KB, 657x696px
>>41704159
how much protein am i actually getting
>>
File: 414PrPvAu8L.jpg (27KB, 371x500px) Image search: [Google]
414PrPvAu8L.jpg
27KB, 371x500px
>>41704402

If it's 100% pure/organic then yeah.

Pic related is mine. Tastes like weak milk/shit (I avoid sweeteners/etc), but I force it down me because it's objectively good stuff.

>>41704410

Pretty much all your sources are fine except the chorizo, but may as well live a little. The bigger concern is:

>3 meals/day

Never gonna make it my man
>>
File: 2017-05-06 vs 2017-06-06.jpg (376KB, 1730x1300px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-06 vs 2017-06-06.jpg
376KB, 1730x1300px
>>41704424
I'm a fatfuck, which is why I'm only eating 1500 calories.
>>
>>41703432
who fucking cares

just get 1g/lb and you will have more than enough unless you get it all from pork rinds or something
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.