[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The /fit/ Lexicon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Stock_Image.jpg (7KB, 294x172px) Image search: [Google]
Stock_Image.jpg
7KB, 294x172px
As somewhat of a newfag, it can be difficult to learn what you mean from context clues alone. Wouldn't a nice collection of /fit/s most common terms and what they mean go along way in turning newfags into more experienced /fit/izens?
>>
>>41695681
Lurk moar
>>
>>41695686
Holy shit, the old times really are coming back
>>
>>41695686
I can respect that sentiment. Will do.
>>
>>41695681
What don't you understand? Most of it isn't difficult.
>>
>>41695681
Part of what maintains a culture is it's dialect.
Here it's a barrier to newfags.
If you want to understand you can lurk and google.
>>
>>41695681

If you knew all the terminology right off the bat, then you'd learn that this place is literally figuratively cancer within a week. You're not supposed to actually realize this for several months at least, at which point it's too late to escape.
>>
>Intensity
% of one rep max
>Volume
setsxreps
>Tonnage
setsxrepsxweight
>Frequency
How many times you work something per week
>MRV
Maximum recoverable volume i.e. the most volume you can do without detriment
>MEV
Minimum effective volume i.e. minimum volume required to maintain
>Fatigue
If you work the same bodypart over and over it will begin to develop fatigue and eventually may lose performance if this fatigue isn't managed properly.
>Deload
One method of managing fatigue where you lift lighter weights for however long you decide to alleviate fatigue
>Progressive overload
This means any increase in performance. This can be an increase in weight, and increase in reps, an increase in sets, decrease in rest between sets, increased tempo, progressive ROM, etc., contrary to popular belief there is more than one way to achieve progressive overload. Weight is the most popular method however because it's the simplest, easiest to keep track of, and eventually you get to the point where you're overreaching your volume.
>CNS
Central nervous system. Your muscles are not the only thing that you need to make sure is recovered, your central nervous system will get fried from working out too often too aggressively however with experience it will begin to adapt much better and be able to handle that kind of stress, this is why guys like Eric Bugenhagen are maxing every day with insane numbers and evade injuries.
>OP
A faggot

That's all you really need to know desu. Volume, intensity and frequency are probably the most important.
>>
>>41695681
one of the best pieces of advice for a beginner is to get a squat plug. Squats are one of the best exercises and using a squat plug from the start will save you from having to adapt later on.
>>
Gear

The only way you're going to look like these youtubers and chad is gear.
>>
You should say "brap" if you ever encounter an attractive woman, as this tells her you're interested. It's best to draw it out like "bbbbbbbrrrrrrraaaaaaapppppppppp". Try it in real life.
>>
>>41700908
You meant to say "this only applies in real life"
>>
>>41699716
>this is why guys like Eric Bugenhagen are maxing every day with insane numbers and evade injuries
no, that's because of genetics
>>
>>41698624
>literally figuratively

Nigga wat?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.