[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RUCK MY ASS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

Anybody else do this?

Is there a specific way to pack your shit so your knees dont feel like shit forever?
>>
heavy low and close to your back
light on top / further from you back
try to balance left/right
>>
>>41694172
How low?
>>
>>41693588
You can't
It's not the bag moving that causes knee shit

It's the act itself with the extra weight

If you weigh 300 lbs, you're going to fuck up your knees if you try to run for a long time
>>
>>41696037
k thanks
>>
>>41694172
light at the bottom

heavier on top

make sure everything is as compact as possible, use your straps and tape the ends
>>
You can pack so things are more evenly/better weight distributed but ultimately this only makes things more comfortable for you. For packing I recommend seeing what Ray Mears says on the topic.

In the long term though, rucking with heavy weights will inevitably wear down cartilage and joints irrespective of how you pack.
>>
>>41693588
This is barely fit related. Post these stupid rucking threads somewhere else.

PS, how you pack isn't going to save your knees or spine.
>>
File: 1389745055198_(1).jpg (349KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1389745055198_(1).jpg
349KB, 1000x1200px
I swear to fuck OP please don't blow out your knees. Here's some key things

-Don't run
-Stride it out
-Get used to your ruck, do squats with it and train your legs
-Start low weight then progress up
-Don't fucking run
>>
>>41696714
ya im getting mixed opinions. Some people are saying heavy should be low and some say heavy should be high
>>
it doesnt matter unless you're a soldier carrying 20-30 kg of shit in your pack
>>
>>41696734
Anyone saying put heavy low is straight wrong, you keep it high but centered and close to your spine. if the heavy items are too low it's just going to pull down on your shoulders, too high it will just pull you down

Also OP, I would honestly go to /k/ for more advice for rucking. They'll give you a lot more small but helpful tips.
>>
Rucking is just a term for backpackers to make it sound like they do a real sport. Anyone who isn't physically retarded can do it.

You aren't fooling anyone.
>>
>>41696691

you're a fucking potato whose never had to ruck march before
>>
>>41696714

Thanks for this awesome image anon.
>>
>>41696646
This
>>
>>41696646
when did you serve anon?
>>
File: IMG_1090.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1090.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>41693588
Like this, you fucking civilian
>>
Are there actually civvies who go for ruck marches on their own time?

Nigga save your knees and go do squats.
>>
>>41698508
Nigger I was earning my EIB when you were still shitting in a diaper.
>>
>>41700998
still serving my man
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 270x186px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 270x186px
>>41693588
Your knees are going to be fucked regardless, even if you follow the air-soft queers in this thread and pack it accordingly.

Ruck marches, and just marching in general put a lot of pressure in your knees and is a reason why the majority of us in the army have bad knees, especially those that are now out.
>>
>>41693588
Reconnaissance Marine of 7 years here, so I ruck pretty often
Get some bungee cords / some type of elastic band and use it to draw weight to the top of the ruck while putting soft, lightweight bulk at the bottom (cloth or some shit)
>>
Where knee supports and take glucosamine supplements like animal flex or whatever to keep your joints healthy.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.