[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One arm chin ups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0974.jpg (27KB, 200x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0974.jpg
27KB, 200x281px
Hellos fellow anons

My goal of to be able to do a respectable number of single arm chin-ups (like 5 reps) without needing to hold my forearms. I'm 5"10 (king manlet), 170lbs like 12% bf.

What's the best way of getting there? I figured weighted chins. Currently doing 3 sets of weighted chin-ups twice a week at the beginning of my upper workouts.

I can do like 6-7 reps with good form with a 20KG plate (44lb plate), 3 rest with 1.5 plates and only 1 strict rep with 2 plates.

Anyone able to do these got anytips?
>>
>>41691958

From my experience it has very little to do with regular chinup strength.
How many one arm chinups can you do? I'm guessing 0.
I rarely practise them and I can usually do 2 of them with my right arm.
But I also am able to do 40kg weighted chinups for more than 10 reps.
>>
Weighted chins are food but a peogression will help a lot, just ro get stronger at the form. Things like uneven chinups or negatives of the one arm. 4chan hat way you can more gradually move to obe arm rather than cutting one arm out all at once.
>>
>>41691988

Forgot to actually give you some advice on that post.

do one arm chinup negatives after your regular workouts, or even at home if you have a pullup bar, but don't kill yourself doing this.

do more than 3 sets of chinups, or just do 1-3 sets but do them everyday of the week for like 2 months.

I felt the greatest gains on chinup from doing rest pause bodyweight work, it increased my WEIGHTED chinup strength and also bodyweight max rep endurance.
>>
Haven't tried in a few weeks. Last time I tried I could only get to the bar but chin wasn't really over it. So yeah ZERO.
>>
>>41692023
What the fuck am I trying to read here mate
>>
Do you mean just body weight chin-ups everyday? Won't that compromise my recovery? Or will my body just adapt?

Thanks for the tips dude.
>>
>>41692023
did you have a stroke
>>
>>41691958
>not doing one arm muscle ups
Are you even trying?
>>
>>41692070

>won't that compromise my recovery

I used to think like that too and it made me progress slow as fuck man.

Basically you might not recover from workout to workout, but you are training so much all the time that even with fatigu buildup throghout the weeks you will gain so much fitness and performance and muscle size that it doesn't make a difference, obviously there's a limit in which fatigue literally stops you from progressing but you're at a level where training everyday would help.

also, don't kill yourself on any specific workout, just do like 1-3 sets everyday at the end of your training.
>>
File: 1483071862153.jpg (2MB, 2481x6600px) Image search: [Google]
1483071862153.jpg
2MB, 2481x6600px
>>41691958
>>
Thanks bros

Gonna give those extra chins a go.

Also those one arm towel chin-ups look like a good transitioning excercise - thanks anon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.