[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have experience with LA Fitness? R8?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1495077462367.png (164KB, 659x525px) Image search: [Google]
1495077462367.png
164KB, 659x525px
Anyone have experience with LA Fitness? R8?
>>
>>41691589
6/10

Pros:
-they're fucking everywhere
-cleanish
-big equipment volume
-treadmills as far as the eye can see

Cons:
-sometimes as few as 2 squat racks, maybe 1 power cage
-almost 100% of people are 0 program, "tone up" scrubs
-geometric weights
-never an OLY area or OLY weights
>>
>>41691589
0/10

they get mad at you if they see you do the heavy
>>
>>41691838
That was a YouFit
>>
File: cringe.jpg (53KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
cringe.jpg
53KB, 640x640px
>>41691778
>OLY weights
>>
I went as a guest with a friend on saturday.
I hated it.
>packed on a saturday afternoon
>staff were dickish to me when I said I already have another gym membership
>got yelled at for stretching in an area reserved for personal trainers even though no one was there
>too many machines
>only 2 squat racks

4/10
Only because there were some attractive girls there
>>
>>41691873
I don't really give a fuck if they're legit OLY, just round weights would be a nice start.
You ever fucking deadlift with decagonal weights???
>>
Ok equipment for non specialized lifting

They seem to clean and restock the bathrooms twice a week.
>>
>>41691970
I've never DLd with round ones. Tell me of this strange land of round plates you hail from
>>
>>41691589
I'm currently going to one and have been going for a while. I enjoy it since there are a good amount of locations. The one I currently go to opens at 4:30am which is usually empty until 5:15ish. I get my shit done and don't have anyone bothering me to use my spot or weights.

Machines wise, they got the basics, a few squat racks, Smith machine, etc.

I rate my current one a 8/10. The only huge issue is that the weight room is usually a mess with weights everywhere and barbells/dumbbells missing.
>>
>>41691589
LA Fitness will work. They will rape you on the contract if you arent careful.

All the corporate gyms rape you on prices. Golds Gym tried to fuck me over twice (two different states).
I had to cancel my credit card because they kept trying to charge me.

>Fuck Golds
>Anything but Golds
>>
Good unless you are a powerlifting/olympic lifting spergo
>>
>>41693186
Dude, go with a friend to a gym with round plates and deadlift.
It's so fucking much better.
I'm thinking about litterally buying my own 2 round 45's and just leaving them at the gym.
>>
>>41693278
Ahaha you're gonna like this.. I went to Golds waiting on my school gym to open and when I cancelled it they refunded me 100% of what I spent there.
>Paid the joining fee and two months dues and when I go to pay for school it's back in my bank
>>
>>41691778
Can second this.

I visited a Crunch recently and was suitably impressed with their free weights. Even had oly plates by the three squat racks and one power rack as well as standard lotus round plates. Another section had sleds and ropes with more oly plates. Even a trap bar. A bit more of a drive for me but it might be worth the $20 cheaper membership. This Crunch was a brand new facility though, and the only one I've been to. Don't know if all Crunch are as good as that one.
>>
>>41691893
They only recently started restricting the PT area. My gym had enough people complain that they removed that restriction unless corporate is in the building.
>>
>>41691589
I went to one for about a year. I worked out at 6 am and it was pretty comfy. The only retarded part I remember is that you can sign up at the gym but you have to mail a letter to their main office to cancel.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.