[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fit is /fit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: CF.png (1MB, 800x627px)
CF.png
1MB, 800x627px
>went with a friend to try a CrossFit workout
>biggest looking dude there
>"gonna crush it"
>see WOD: rowing, rope climbs and handstand pushups
>easy
>wod starts give it all
>get my ass handed to me by guys that are just above dyel /fit/ standard

Made me realize I should probably hit the track more often.

>b-but cardio ruins gains

After lifting all those weights, how /fit/ are you truly anon?
>>
>>41686092
Reminder that no one in that picture actually does crossfit to prepare for the contest
>>
>>41686092
quite fit, without doing any meme crossfit shit at all
just go for a run as well as going to the gym
>>
Ive been doing crossfit for 8months, its really fun, good workout, I suposse, but to progress you need to do strenght workout at the gym, since I started I have lost some strenght, now im back in the gym + crossfit.
>>
>>41686092
Everyone who does crossfit burns out in 6-9 months and does some dedicated strength lifting, makes real gains, and stops paying 150 a month for garbage coaching
>>
>>41686129
They do, they just tend to all have home gyms and do 3-4 workouts per day instead of 1.
>>
File: 1492666378798s.jpg (3KB, 124x106px) Image search: [Google]
1492666378798s.jpg
3KB, 124x106px
>>41686129
Mind Blown.
>>
>>41687859
>working out in home gym
>crossfit

I don't think you understand how this works
>>
>>41687859
They do Clarence style Olympic lifting in the morning along with whatever gymnastic work they have to do and aerobic/anaerobic base building in the afternoon. They don't actually start doing crossfit style workouts until like 2 months before the contest, purely for conditioning.

All the workouts you see online are from their final phase so crossfags read them and think "hey, I'm doing the same training as Rich Froning, he just does more"
>>
>Being a Crossfaggot
>>
Dunno whats more obnoxious, the crossfit community or the anticrossfit community
>>
>>41687520
>missing the point of the thread
>>
I don't think anyone is saying crossfit workouts aren't challenging, it's just the culture that's surrounding it is meme tier cringeworthy shit. I'm in very good overall shape and crossfit workouts still break me off if I give it my all.

Being a "big dude" isn't really gonna help you with crossfit though, maybe consider losing some weight OP instead of being a fat powerlifter who gets BTFOed by crossfit moms
>>
>>41686092
I did MURPH once for shits and giggles, that thing where you run a mile, you do pull ups, pushups, squats and run a mile.
>>
Done it for 3+ years. Go 3x a week, pay $88 a month.

About 6 months in got serious about eating right and lost 30# while only putting in 4-ish hours a week of doing CrossFit stuff. Fairly active with other activities besides. It's worked out pretty well for me, but I guess I'm not your typical CrossFit person. I'm pretty serious about perfect form over gains. I'm pretty lucky in that I have a good gym with coaches having multiple certifications, serious about good lifting, etc.

Heard the horror stories, though.
>>
>>41688396
lol this
>>
>>41686092
It's a sport. You train for your sport and then you compete. Every crossfitter who just does the wods isn't even a crossfitter. It's like claiming to play baseball when you only go to a batting cage.
>>
>training to get better at working out
>>
>>41686266
>>41687520
>>41687859
>>41688194
>>41688289
>>41689743
>>41689858

"Crossfit" is just a fucking brand name/company that incorporates (often incorrectly) AS MUCH as they fucking can into their scope of practice. Which is phenomenal in theory, but as we all have seen, frequently terrible in practice.
Plyometrics, olympic-style lifting, gymnastics, bodybuilding routines, and cardio are all fucking great. Do them all and don't go to a "Crossfit box"
It's the image and culture they are selling, they don't have a grip on the different exercises they do.

That all being said, if the community appeals to you and you have money to throw at it, I think crossfit CAN be great for people who are aware of their own bodies/joints/muscles/ROM. The reason Crossfit gets so many one-way-fast-track-to-snap-city tickets is because people who have never lifted more than a stapler from Susan's desk think "that looks fun!" and the coaches say "your money is as good as anyone else's!" without giving them adequate training.

tl;dr fuck "Crossfit" do a wide variety of training
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.