[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental Health Gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Debbie_Downer.png (87KB, 241x188px) Image search: [Google]
Debbie_Downer.png
87KB, 241x188px
Trying to improve my mental health (pic related). What's a good mental health routine?
>>
File: 1389203677989.jpg (17KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1389203677989.jpg
17KB, 400x600px
The feels train has no brakes.
>>
>>41681287

Look up Shawn Achor's TED talk and do the exercises he mentions in it.

Literally the only TED talk that's worth watching
>>
Psychologist two times a month
>>
>>41681287
Long walks to clear your mind and restart. A tea ritual every day with the same cup at the same time every day. Finding a good friend that you can let go and talk about weird existential shit with and not have them leave you.
>>
>>41681287
Psychoanalyst with sessions of 3-4 times a week.
>>
>>41681394
>implying no job
>>
File: 1496063037857.jpg (190KB, 640x612px) Image search: [Google]
1496063037857.jpg
190KB, 640x612px
>part 1
I can't really recommend something, but I can share my story.

I was one of those kids that was very "depressed." I would sleep for hours, came from a household with a lot of domestic violence, I was sexually abused as a kid, I felt like nobody cared whether I lived or died. I went on to get a degree in psychology and have been through the mental health gauntlet for depression that I was apparently "born with." Medicine, counseling, psychologists - the whole nine yards. I also was in the army had a lot of survivors guilt (combat MOS). Then I graduated college and couldn't get a job - making me feel even more like crap.

Then what wound up happening was I almost died. I got really, really sick and it became a real possibility that I might have cancer or something. Doctors couldn't figure it out. It took me like 6 months to fully recover. It just kind of came and went, and it looked like my blood sugar just dropped and it took me a hot minute to recover. I lost like 35 lbs and I looked like a cancer patient.

Anyway, I remember finally having the strength to walk again, so I went on a walk around the block.I walking around with a cane (I was 24 for God's sake) and I smelled this campfire. Well, that scent triggered all the memories of camping, being out in the woods, and actually how wonderful and fortunate my life really was. Most people don't actually get a life, and we live in the most privileged time in history - the best doctors, the best technology, the most toys, the most money, the highest life expectancy, the internet - and just like that, it all changed for me.

I took control of my health - started with Scooby's home workout right here on /fit/. I wound up meeting girls I actually liked instead of just smashing randos I didn't care about. I set a plan, got into a great school and wound up landing a super-high paying job.

I'm not saying everyone can do this, but I would say...
>>
>>41681440

...what I would say is that these practices were pretty helpful for me:

> Be physically active
You don't have to be on gear and get the sickest gains, but working up a good sweat for at least 20 minutes three times a week is the bare minimum. Lifting and cardio is ideal.

>Study philosophy

Philosophy is really the discourse human-kind has had with itself since its origins about literally everything. You don't have to take and defend positions so much as explore what people have had to say about stuff you're interested in. There's everything from Descartes's view of geometry to the Osho's views of bisexual orgies. If you have an interest in it - someone has had probably had good ideas about it. The only thing I would say is to try to email a professor or someone who is established in the field to help you get started. Emailing someone at a community college probably isn't a terrible idea.

>Spend time (at least once a week) reflecting on what you've learned and how lucky you are to be alive.

I find it helps to write my ideas down.

> Do something creative or constructive that you're interested in.

I have a lot of interests. There's millions of things out there. Meetup.com helps for finding other people if you're looking for groups.
>>
>>41681420
I think it would still be doable. Im currently going through getting the therapy started, but I got flexible working/studying times, which ofcourse helps.
>>
Magnesium, meditation (Headspace is free on TPB), maybe yoga.
>>
>>41681287
Take a walk around town on a sunny day, or go hiking.
>>
>>41681440
>>41681482
thank you anon
>>
>>41681342
Shawn Achor is a closet faggot who ignores the genetic components of happiness and mental health.
>>
>>41682261

Don't worry about it my man <3
>>
>>41681287
Anon, depends on what your problems are. I would recommend getting organized with your time, waking up the same hour everyday, breathing with your diaphragm, meditating 30 minutes per day, drinking tea instead of coffee, blocking noises and visual pollution...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.