[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Under-rated and lesser known thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: lamb-lime-satay.jpg (266KB, 1400x919px) Image search: [Google]
lamb-lime-satay.jpg
266KB, 1400x919px
What are some under-rated or less known exercises, foods, techniques

Couple off the top of my head:

Face pulls- Easiest way to double the size of your delts. Mostly rear delt but it pushes everything up and out too.
Grip width variations on bench- Best way I've found to target front delts with the most weight is wide grip bench. Similarly the best way to get a ton of weight on your triceps is close grip bench yet I never see anyone doing either.

Quark, Kefir, Skyr, etc- Cottage cheese is about the only one most people know about but high protein fermented dairy in that no-mands land between yogurt and cheese are godlike for protein with low calories and often come packed with B vitamins, Vitamin K, etc.

Satay- pretty uncommon in the west but with nuts + oil + various meats + veg it's one of the best bulking foods around and can easily top 1200 calories per plate.
>>
>>41680731
I've got a great one to mentio--
>Face pulls
Well shit
>>
>>41680761
>>41680731
how the fuck do you face pulls properly?? i always get thrusted forward when the weight goes down (if the weight is somewhat challenging)
>>
>>41680805
low weight and high reps dumb fuck
>>
>>41680731
For cutting, quorn is a godsend. Incredibly high in protein and low in calories, although expensive.
>>
>>41680731
zercher squats
bulgarian split squats
jefferson deadlifts
pullovers
kroc rows
tricep extensions with bands only
>>
>>41680821
thanks
>>
File: fpp.jpg (92KB, 388x690px) Image search: [Google]
fpp.jpg
92KB, 388x690px
What grip are you supposed to be doing for facepulls?

My gym's pulley is high and can't be brought down to face level so it makes the exercise kinda awkward, have to stand back in a kind of incline angle, almost kneeled down stance. For that reason the bottom pic, overhand grip feels more natural but most google results depict the top version. Am I doing them wrong?
>>
>>41680917
I grab the knobs of that rope like I'm squeezing a girl's tits
>>
Buckwheat
>>
>>41680805
Lean back a little. Engage your lats as much as you need to to stop coming forward.

>>41680827
Yeah the expense is a bitch, especially in the UK

>>41680834
>kroc rows
+1 Best thing I've found for lats

>>41680917
Whatever works. Omar has a video preferencing double bicep pose motion which works well but you're targeting the rear delts so any grip and angle will target different parts of the muscle.
As for hand placement/grip, to the side like you're doing rows works best

High targets more of your lats and low targets more of your upper delt.
>>
>>41680731
Bent-over lateral side raises.
>>
Pendlay rows and proper back work in general
>>
Heavy trap bar shrugs will blow the fuck out of your neck and traps. I never see anyone doing it and it makes me sad.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.