[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Routine thread. Anybody doing nsuns 531? Thinking about trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Nsun 531 + accessories.jpg (249KB, 1728x783px) Image search: [Google]
Nsun 531 + accessories.jpg
249KB, 1728x783px
Routine thread.

Anybody doing nsuns 531? Thinking about trying it out.
Pic related is with accessories I added.
>>
>>41679948
I've been running it for about a couple months now. Seeing some good strength gains despite being on a cut. Although, it does take me around a couple hours to finish each day, more on squats and diddly days. I recommend moving onto this program after you exhaust your noob gains in SS or GSLP.
>>
>>41680276
a couple of hours? as in like 2-3 hours? how many accessories do you do
>>
been running it for 5 months now, modified it to suit my needs. its too physically taxing so i removed front squats, i dont always do squats + sumos either, some weeks i just do sumos and some week just squats.
for accessories u dont need to add triceps at all, maybe a few on arms day.
>>
File: 1496278650867.jpg (109KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
1496278650867.jpg
109KB, 640x638px
A
Bench
Incline
Dips
BB curls
Tricep Ext.
Incline supinated curls

B
OHP
Wide pull-ups
T-bar Rows
Cable Rows
Lat raises
Shrugs
Upright Rows

C
Squats
Front Squats
Plank
Knee raises
Accessories

ABCABCx

Been making pretty nice gains with this
>>
>>41680690

Have you seen good strength/size gains?

>for accessories u dont need to add triceps at all, maybe a few on arms day.

Because of the many pressing movements? The program also calls for extra chest work, which seems unnecessary since you're already benching 3 times a week.

> i dont always do squats + sumos either, some weeks i just do sumos and some week just squats.

I replaced sumo with snatch grip deadlifts because the first part of the conventional DL is my main weakpoint. Also lowered the % of RM for deadlift for the snatch dead.

What other accessories do you add and how long does a workout take usually?
I don't want a work out to take way too long so I really have to think about what accessories to add.
>>
>>41680276
>Seeing some good strength gains despite being on a cut.

How do you keep making progress on a program as taxing as this one while cutting?
>>
>>41680690
I also replaced incline bench with spoto press by the way, since I don't have an incline bench at my gym.
The program calls for the incline bench to be 60% of your bench training max.
What would be an equivalent % for spoto press?
>>
>>41679948
> Texas Method for Powerlifting
The overview for this program appears in the 3rd Edition and begins around page 170 of the PDF version. Below is the general layout for the weekly workouts, intended for a percentage-based training cycle of 12 weeks, where week #1 is the first week of the training cycle, and week #12 ends in a competition.
> Squat 5x5, Bench 3-5x5, Clean 5x3
> Squat 2x5 light, Press 3x5, Clean 3x3 light
> Squat 5x1, Bench 5x1, Deadlift 3x1
For the 3-5x5, during the course of the cycle, you start with 5x5 at maybe 70% of 1RM and add weight each week, when it's too much to do for 5x5, work up to a top set of 5 and make the remaining 4x5 as lighter backoff sets for volume, reducing weight by maybe 10% for them. For "light" work use about 20% off the 5x5/5x3 weight.
The singles should mimic meet conditions in terms of equipment, pauses, and commands as well, if possible. The Squat and Bench may drop to 3x1 by the end of the cycle, and the Deadlift may drop to 1x1, but at no time are actual 1RMs to be attempted in training. No reps should be missed and no attempts should be complete grinders during the course of this cycle. Start these at about 90% of a known or estimated 1RM, and they should initially feel light and doable.
In about week #7, if possible, shift the rest of the schedule to Tue/Thu/Sat and train on Saturday mornings to mimic the typical competition schedule. The intensity workout in week #10 will be the last heavy one of the cycle, and the volume workout in week #11 will be the last heavy one of the cycle; after this workout, drop the Power Clean from training. The intensity day of week #11 works up to one single at the planned meet opening attempts, and only one more workout occurs, in the middle of week #12, perform 3 sets of 2-3 reps at 75-80% of the planned final attempts for Squat and Bench Press only, then rest for the competition (which is usually on a Saturday).
>>
>>41679948
> Texas Method Split for Powerlifting
The overview for this program appears in the 3rd Edition and begins around page 181 of the PDF version under the name “Four-Day Texas Method: Version #2.” Below is the weekly layout for the two “phases” of the program.
Phase I
> Bench 5x5, Press 3x8, LTE 3x10-12
> Squat 5x5, Clean 5x3, Chins 3xMax
> Bench 5x1, Press 1x5, Dips 3xMax
> Squat 1x5, Deadlift 1x5, Row 3x10
Phase II
> Press 5x5, Bench 3x8, LTE 3x10-12
> Squat 5x5, Clean 5x3, Chins 3xMax
> Press 5x1, Bench 1x5, Dips 3xMax
> Squat 5x1, Deadlift 1x2, Row 3x10
The Squat and Deadlift will progress on 1x5 until they can’t anymore, and then those two lifts would switch to 5x1 and 1x2. Progress the Bench emphasis on Phase I as long as possible, then switch for a while to the Press emphasis, and back again.
>>
>>41679948
> High/Low – Low/High Texas Method Split
The overview for this program appears in the 3rd Edition and begins around page 184 of the PDF version and is described as one of the most difficult methods.
> Bench intensity, Press 5x5, LTE 3x10-12
> Squat intensity, Clean 5x3, Chins 3xMax
> Press intensity, Bench 5x5, Dips 3xMax
> Deadlift intensity, Squat 5x5, Row 3x10
Rotate the “Intensity” lifts through a 3-week schedule as follows: Squat and Bench rotate 2x3, 3x2, and 5x1. Press rotates 5x1, 2x3, and 3x2. Deadlift rotates 1x1, 1x3, and 1x2.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.