[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1495169093119.jpg (79KB, 640x653px) Image search: [Google]
1495169093119.jpg
79KB, 640x653px
How do I into meditation? Are there really benefits? Do you guys meditate regularly?
>>
>>41675851
All of your questions on this non /fit/ topic can be answered by various better sources elsewhere.
>>
>>41675851
You have to do it every day for it to be effective

There are many different forms of mediation and self awareness

One of the first steps I think is waking up earlier everyday and getting a start on your life and mediating first thing in the morning and plan out your short/long term goals
>>
File: VIPASSANALIZE THE SELF.png (994KB, 1531x772px) Image search: [Google]
VIPASSANALIZE THE SELF.png
994KB, 1531x772px
>>41675851
Don't listen to >>41675861, this is definitely /fit/ related. Better awareness will help you create better mind muscle connection/develop better proprioception. Lifting will give you a strong, aesthetic body. Meditation will give you a strong, aesthetic mind. >>41675889 is right, you have to do it every day for it to be effective. Even 10-15min a day for 30 days will make a difference.

For intro to meditation, I recommend Actualized.org videos. Leo will help you get started.
>>
>>41675851
>read "mindfullnes in plain english"
>practice for 20min a day, for at least three weaks
>enjoy

Took me around 10 days to learn the most basic shit, and about 10 more to start seeing the benefits, wich are quite a few.
>>
>>41676373
>>41676417
Neat, thanks guys
>>
Been meditating for a few years. Love it. Helps me stay balanced, present and mindful.
>>
>>41677175
How did you get started? Any tips?
>>
I've meditated for about 1 hour daily the last year or so. Definitely the best habit I've started doing.
>>
Download Headspace, it's a hipster program for meditation.

Some people hate it, some people love it. I kind of like it personally.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f6722dc58d974cd4dd8a55d964b72a6aa1a00dca&dn=Headspace+-+365+Days+of+Guided+Meditation&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969
>>
>>41675851
>How do I into meditation?
There are various self-start books. I like "The Mind Illuminated", for it's very technical and goes well with my autism, but you may prefer another.
>Are there really benefits?
Yes.
>Do you guys meditate regularly?
An hour every day. Though you should start with shorter sessions.
>>
File: IMG_1559.jpg (115KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1559.jpg
115KB, 600x720px
Study the Prajnaparamita Sutra

https://youtu.be/33iOW7v91-4

Compassionate] Avalokiteshvara, the noble being-bent-on-perfect-enlightenment, was moving in the deep course of transcendent wisdom which has gone beyond. He looked down from on high and [knowing-and-seeing] beheld nothing more than these Five Aggregates. And he saw that they were empty [devoid of "self"].

Iha Sariputra rupam sunyata sunyataiva rupam, rupan na prithak sunyata sunyataya na prithag rupam, yad rupam sa sunyata ya sunyata tad rupam; evam eva vedana-samjna-samskara-vijnanam.
Here, O [wise] Shariputra, form is emptiness and the very emptiness is form; emptiness does not differ from form, and form does not differ from emptiness. Whatever is form, that is emptiness, and whatever is emptiness, that is form. The same is true of [the other four aggregates:] feelings [sensations], perceptions, volitions, and consciousness.

Here, O Shariputra, all phenomena bear this universal mark of emptiness. They are neither produced nor annihilated, neither defiled nor pure, neither deficient nor complete. [That is to say, there is no duality, no opposites.]

Therefore, O Shariputra, in emptiness there is no form, feeling, perception, volition, or consciousness. There is no [contact as a consfequence of three things coming together to form what in brief is called] eye, ear, nose, tongue, body, or mind. There are no [external] forms, sounds, smells, tastes, tangibles, or objects of mind. There is no [sense-base consisting of] sight-organ element, and so forth...no mind-consciousness element. There is no ignorance, no cessation of ignorance, and so forth... There is no decay and death, no cessation of decay and death. There is no suffering, no origination, no cessation, no path. There is no knowing, no attaining, and no non-attaining.
>>
File: IMG_1560.jpg (105KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1560.jpg
105KB, 600x719px
>>41679528
All those who appear as perfectly-enlightened-beings in the past, present, and future fully awake to the utmost enlightenment because they have relied on the perfection of wisdom.

Therefore, one should know the perfection of wisdom by this great mantra, the mantra of great wisdom, the utmost mantra, the unequalled mantra, the allayer of all suffering, in truth for how else could it be? By the perfection of wisdom is this mantra arrived at thus:

Gone, gone, gone beyond, gone altogether beyond, O what an awakening, so it is!
>>
>>41679528
Tbqh buddhist spirituality is, while certainly nice, is not either universally useful or what OP asked for. You can meditate fine without going down the buddhist road at all. Meditation just is a technical skill, much like lifting weights.
>>
>>41679546
The sutra literally explains how to meditate.
>>
>>41679528
Wrong link: https://youtu.be/7ooCodjgjkY

Here's the correct link
>>
>>41675851
I meditate before sleeping and after I wake up. Keeps me focused and helps me sleep deeper and better. Better sleeping is more gains so>>41675861
this is definitely fit related
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.