[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pull up alternatives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Pull-Up-Muscle.jpg (165KB, 947x690px) Image search: [Google]
Pull-Up-Muscle.jpg
165KB, 947x690px
Currently into bodyweight.

>No pull up bar

Is there any way to work my back without hitting the gym?
>>
Pull up bars are at every childrens park in the world op
>>
>>41674531
You can apparently do it on doorways but that goes down to your height and home.
>>
lat pull down...
>>
>>41674597
Have never heard about this.
(not bait)
>>
>>41674531
rows
>>
>>41674531
here's a secret tip:
you actually DONT need a pullup bar to do pullups.you can actually do them anywhere such as from ledges,tree branches,playground monkey bars,and sturdy tall furniture.
bet you didnt know that,huh?
>>
>>41674567
This. Monkey bars, some have actual free standing pull up bars.
>>
>>41674635
>>41674597
different guy, but, how do you correctly progress from these to real pull ups?
>>
>>41674803
you dont progress from rows to pullups.they are different exercises and non interchangeable.
If you cant do pullups start from chinups or use a rubber band assist,or start from higher up in the ROM.if you cant even do cheat pullups then do negatives.and dont swing.your abs must work to keep you steady.
>>
>>41674803

once you can do 5-10 reps of somewhat over your bodyweight you can easily start doing real pull ups. Lets say an overweight person who is about 120kg and he is able to do 100g lat pulldown as his max, he wont be able to do a single pull up. But once he hit a weight over 120kg he should be able to do at least a single pull up.
>>
>>41674531
Buy this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KN17NTQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've used a couple doorway pullup bars over time and this one is the best at not fucking up the boards around the door.
>>
>>41674860
thats wrong.lat pulldowns dont work a lot of the stabilizer muscles and they also dont work your core the same way pullups do.also a lot of people cheat on lat pulldowns by wedging their legs under the cushions so they use their whole body and they pull more weight than they would without cheating.
>>
>>41674831
I'm pretty sure you can do horizontal rows till your arms are strong enough to do a basic pullup and get your back engaged.
>>
>>41674911
and you could do weighted lunges until you can squat 2pl8 but it wouldnt be the most efficient way would it?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.