[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CUTTING/ Inquiries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 89680012.jpg (38KB, 540x600px) Image search: [Google]
89680012.jpg
38KB, 540x600px
Hey my dudes, lets do another /cutting/ questions because i have a heck of one.

Currently im obviously trying to stay fairly low carb. I know keto is about 10-15 grams in a day, and i could probably do that but would be much more comfortable around 20 grams a day. That said, whats the lowest and highest you should go when doing a low carb cut?

Besides that im doing 2000 cals a day and about 190 grams of protein (im 6' and 190lbs)
>>
Heres another question: i was thinking of doing kind of small, strictly bodyweight excersize days on 2 of my offdays alongside cardio. Would that be overdoing it or a good way to burn more calories and keep my muscles active?
>>
>>41671523
after 4 months of sucessfully loosing 1 kg a week , i have come to a plateu . 3 weeks without a kg lose in a 1500 calorie diet ( 90kg 6ft)
>>
>>41671770

If you are lifting doing extra body weight work is likely overdoing it. Stick to just cardio or implement the bodyweight work into your current routine.

Also,
>he fell for the keto meme

Not sure why you'd bother with this meme diet when you can literally just eat a balanced diet whilst counting your macros. If you must do keto you can generally go around 50 g of carbs, but most of those carbs should come from fiberous carb sources like greens and veggies. Also, only 2k calories? Seems pretty low at your body weight
>>
>>41671857
A few questions to this:

1. I considered keto or close to it because it makes sense to me that since the body uses carbs as fuel first and then fat that the less carbs you eat the faster youll get shredded. Why is it a meme diet, besides killing gym motivation?

2. 50 grams of carbs for a low carb diet? Im gonna be cutting for about 2 and a half months, but that seems surpisingly high for any real progress. Also, arent carbs, protein and fat the three main macros? Ive been counting protein and carbs, but not really fat. Have been eating a very balanced diet though, consisting of meat, veggies, and the occasional fruit (because of carbs even though theyre complex) and have been getting the best quality food i can find.

3. 2000 low for a cut? Scooby's calculator put me at 2500 for maintenance, so i figured 500 less.

Thanks for the input though
>>
>>41671817

you entered starvation mode, try eating more for a week or two and come back down to 1,5k
>>
Weeks deep into my cut, everything was going perfectly. However had a few graduation parties to go to, and for some reason I just snapped. I was at the town I grew up in so I was staying with my parents, and after the parties I and binged on everything in sight for 2 days.

The pain from the bloating is insane, and it genuinely hurts to breathe. Now my question is what can I do to avoid this happening again as well as recovering the best? I can't go to the gym today cause of the bloating, but hope to go tomorrow and add a few hours of extra cardio.
>>
>>41671523
Bump
>>
>>41672591
Bumpity
>>
>>41671523
Uhhhhhh bump
>>
>>41671940
There aren't a lot of studies for keto, so we don't know if it provides any extra boost in weight loss.
What we do know:
>cutting carbs will make you quickly drop water weight
>Low carb diets have been proven to be more effective in losing weight (people are more successful in losing weight)
>It can keep you fuller for longer, as foods higher in fat are more filling
That's all we know. We don't know if it helps lose FAT faster, but you do lose a good amount of water weight. I've seen a lot of cardiologists prescribe it to their fat patients, as it will help them eat less, as well as drop some water weight quick. However keto is not necessarily better than a conventional diet for a person who is normal weight. A lot of people who it is prescribed to have immediate problems relating to their weight. Even a drop in water weight can be beneficial to them. Fat people also tend to eat a lot of unhealthy carb heavy food. Cutting simple carbs also helps decrease triglycerides in the lipid level. So basically keto is an all around good way to eat for fat people.

Also, with your questions about fat as a macronutrients
You shouldn't try to decrease fat intake, however, you should balance it out. Healthy fats are great for your heart. Try to incorporate avocado, nuts, seeds, cacao (even in the form of 90% cacao chocolate), etc. You should also cook your meats with healthy oils, like coconut, almond, olive, avocado, canola etc. This will keep you healthier long term, and eating a good amount of healthy fats has been linked to getting better gains, and not being fat.

Source: am dietician
>>
>>41675934
Nice, well its cool to have all that sorted out. I guess my main questions at the end of all this would be: A. Do carbs matter at all or very much with cutting then? B. if so at all, even if theyre all complex, whats a good amount per day? C. Is what matters most eating 500 calories below maintenance and mid-bpm cardio?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.