[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beard fitness and aesthetic general I have been using minox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1647.jpg (28KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1647.jpg
28KB, 313x470px
Beard fitness and aesthetic general

I have been using minoxidil in order to get a thicker beard, but never cared for beard oils. It just happens that not only they make it look fuller and less frizzy, but apparently peppermint essential oil also stimulates beard growth. So now I groom it with peppermint oil and almond oil in the morning and apply minoxidil at night. Any other tips or new findings?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4289931/#!po=56.6667

Pic related: goal
>>
>>41666664
Using a conditioner and massaging while showering is a plus, even buying a lil comb to groom it will make it grow. Believe it, or not tomatoes will heat up your skin and make your hair grow, but the only drawback is that it will dry your skin like a bitch, so be careful with that. Vitamin E is always good, and always trim them long hairs so you won't look like the town rapist. Besides that just try not to give up and even the hot days are coming, don't get the urge to cut it cause down the line it will already be part of you, and the beard will even keep you cool in the heat. It will take some time, but if you keep at it you'll make, good luck op.
>>
>>41666664
You linked to a study on mice. That doesn't show peppermint oil does anything for humans. Animal studies are only good for researchers looking for things to test on humans. Only look at for studies on humans when looking for info on substances you use or intend to use on yourself. if none exist, then you can't know anything about what it does to you except that which you can notice yourself.
>>
>>41669021
Yeah, but this specific mechanism is very similar. Minoxidil does have study on humans though (only one regarding beards afaik tho).
>>41667910
Thanks for the tips, m8.
>>
>>41666664
how is your skin doing, do u have under eye bag
>>
File: feels super.png (255KB, 432x436px) Image search: [Google]
feels super.png
255KB, 432x436px
>>41666664
>tfw can grow a thicc beard without chemicals
>>
>>41669082
Fine. Not dry at all, but that is because my skin is on the greasy side in the morning.
>>41669157
STFU batman can beat your ass anytime.
>>
>>41669032
>this specific mechanism is very similar

I thought the mechinism of Minoxidil wasn't known? This seems to be the case in the study. Two different substances with mysterious mechanisms having a similar effect in mice doesn't really increase the probability of the same happening in humans, in my opinion. Minoxidil is known to work but peppermint oil is a different substance and the human is a different animal. I'd say it's worth trying, if it's cheap to get peppermint oil. It could be useful, after all.
>>
>>41669191
I meant the hair growing mechanism, not minoxidil. Minoxidil mechanism of action is not known, but evidence points towards vasodilation and improving circulation and this helping facial hair get to the anagen phase.
>>
>>41666664
Beard oil is for faggots, like in your pic. Faggot.
>>
>>41669371
haha yeah! use wd-40 like a REAL man :D D
>>
You're gay and so is your thread. Just here to check the get
>>41666666
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.