[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/QTDDTOT/ - QUESTIONS THAT DON'T DESERVE THEIR OWN THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 34

File: serveimage.jpg (39KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
39KB, 1200x630px
I'll start:

Can I eat Potato Chips while doing keto or water fasting?

Previous Thread:

>>41627504
>>
File: image.gif (899KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
899KB, 600x600px
Should i be taking whey every day or only on the three days i work out a week?
>>
What should I do if I fail an exercise during PPL routine? I get that I have to stop doing that exercise and move on for the day, but what do I do the next time I do the same exercise?
>>
>>41644556
Take it everyday your muscles are still rebuilding even on days when not lifting
>>
Should I worry about muscle memory with calisthenics? Is it even possible?

I've never really focused on them because even pushups for example can vary by arm width, speed, previous exercises wearing out muscles and stuff like that but with weights I could just look at the weight.
>>
>SS
One of my knees is bothering me when I go below parallel on squats. No problems on deadlift. I'm going to skip squatting for a week or two and see if it goes away. Whats can I do in place of squat?
>>
>>41644657
less weight and make sure you are keeping up proper form

>>41645210
warm up with light jogging/stretching or squat with no weight. if none of that works, go to a doctor.
>>
>>41644367
no potatoe chips are full of carbs and thats technically breaking fast

t. fasting keto dude

try pork loins instead. Healthy and crunchy
>>
>>41645260
i mean pig skin. My girlfriends retarded and called them pork loins, stuck in my head
>>
I like making protein cakes, purely out of protein powder, stevia and milk or water in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. I've noticed that the chocolate flavored protein powder raises MUCH less than the birthday cake flavor. Is there anything that might be causing this? i use the exact same ingredients other than that.

Also how do i stop eating so much protein powder? those cakes are so delicious that i'm blowing a shit ton of money on protein powder and getting less normal food.
>>
File: l-arginine.jpg (207KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
l-arginine.jpg
207KB, 1600x1600px
Is this a meme?
>>
File: 23242.jpg (176KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
23242.jpg
176KB, 540x960px
I'm home for 21 days and I have no local gym to go to. I really need to workout and I have nothing but a pullup bar and 8 pound weights

I don't want to lose my gains bros, I NEED to workout but fuck I need heavy ass weight

What should I do?
>>
Do i have to puck between strength and aesthetics?
>>
Went to the gym for the first time yesterday. Part of the induction involved working out my bf% on one of those machines where you stand in a thing and hold the handles.

How accurate are those things?? because it came back at 28% bf at 260lbs which seems like it would make me a lot more muscular than I am.
>>
>>41644367
Potato chips are about 70% carbs anon
>>
>>41645745
There's kind of a fork in the road point for both. You'll notice all the really strong dudes don't look like arnie, they look like fucking cubes.
>>
>>41645703
look up body weight routines, it's not the same but it will help you mantain your gains for a couple weeks
>>
Why do I have no energy or motivation to go to the gym?
>>
>>41645777
Im training to be a fireman so that means
>strong legs
>strong chest and back
>strong cardio
>>
Alright guys, I'm 25 and having sort of mild acne breakout all over my cheeks.

I had mild acne during puberty but it went away.

Is this puberty part II or is my babby beard genetics kicking in?
>>
>>41646022
>Drink a gallon of water a day
>eat nothing but leafy green vegetables and meats. Nothing else.
>>
File: 1483902372925.png (99KB, 207x209px) Image search: [Google]
1483902372925.png
99KB, 207x209px
Potato chips are 99% protein yet still have almost no calories, so they're good for both keto and fasting. My friend did a potato chip fast (5 bags a day) for about five months and lost all of her weight.
>>
Been doing a fullbody workout so far about three times a week, trying to gain muscle. The thing is i get pretty fatigued when it comes to the final exercises and they get pretty lengthy because i like to try to get volume which occasionally is a problem. I most likely would not be considered intermediate because had to start over at one piece because of an injury break, but would it still be okay for me to do an upper lower split for now? So i could get the volume with better time management. Or should i stick to full body since not that advanced or so. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>41645882
Do you wake up in the morning with boners? If you don't, it's low testosterone.
>>
>sleep
>am kind of dreaming and awake at the same time
>cant breathe
>feel like i suffocate
>since i have this so often i know that i will wake up soon and then be able to breathe again
>gasp for air
>dont know if it was real or a dream but i can remember it everytime i have it
this is since forever as far as i can remember
but what is this? is this reeling fake or am i indeed in need for air in that condition?
i mean ist mostly somewhat of a dream. so i dont know i its real or not

is it dangerous? should i get this checked?
>>
>>41646060
Does your testosterone increase long term as you get stronger or is it only temporary spikes?
>>
What is a safe weight (as percentage of 1RM I guess) to bench without a spotter? I can only go quiet hours in my gym because of my work schedule. I want to get stronk but I don't want to kill myself.
>>
>>41645745
Sorta, but some bodybuilders/aesthetic dudes are really strong. Not insane or competitive strength, but still way more than the average person.
>>
>>41646071
Test spikes during and slightly after a workout but also stays up longer if you have a regular lifting routine.
>>
>>41646073

Fuck 1RM when you're alone. A safe weight is one you can do 5 times MAX.

If you can only do 4 and have to rack it, lower the weight by 10% and increment it by 5 lbs every workout.
>>
>train hard
>started with sl 5x5
>now 5/3/1
can barely squat 112,5 for 2 reps but can ohp 67,5 for 4 reps

is this genetics or what the fuck. almost every dude with my weight and height can squat more than me but rarely those people can even ohp 60kg
>>
>>41646071
>>41646086
And to add it's not really about strength but more about strenuous exercise.
>>
>>41646088
A LOT of people OHP with bad form/grip
>>
I've started bulking up, yesterday I did 2550 kcals and today 3300 kcals.

When will I start to see a difference, or a jump on the scales?
>>
>>41646022
i wash my face with the cheapest piece of sope i found everytime before going to bed and in the morning

since i do this i have super clean Skin

most people say "hurr but your Skin dries out" well it doesnt in my case

maybe it works for you too. its certainly worth a try i think
>>
>>41646097
still why do i progress on ohp so much better than the average and vice versa on squat?

since i do 5/3/1 i make ohp prs almost every workout (i do strict ohp not push pull btw) while with squats i need to fight so hard for every fucking tiny increase
>>
File: 1451681776938.jpg (32KB, 413x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451681776938.jpg
32KB, 413x640px
brehs, does penile length matter? I am 6x5 should I consider suicide or I have some chance?
>>
>>41646087
Yeah I wasnt implying I'd do a 1RM bench alone. I was wondering if there was some kind of rule of thumb for a safe weight, like 'you shouldn't try more than 70% of your 1rm max without a spotter' or something

I'm doing 3x5 so I'll follow your advice, thanks.
>>
>>41645703
squats with one leg?

handstand pushups

high volume normal pushups

sprinting maybe?
>>
>>41646119
in the end it almost always is big enough i think
>>
>>41646119
Take it from me little man, if you were any bigger you'd bruise up any girl you'd fugg and then have to wait n shit.
>>
>>41645703
your diet is as or more important to keeping your gains
>>
File: 2-2-1.png (239KB, 547x395px) Image search: [Google]
2-2-1.png
239KB, 547x395px
I went to the gym for the first time yesterday. I did some pathetic dyelmode sets of squat, deadlift and bench press and now something hurts in my shoulder. From looking at anatomy pics on the Internet it seems to be my lower trapezius. Did I do something wrong? I payed really close attention to my form.
>>
>on a cut
>ate over 600cals of what i shouldve
>call it my cheat day for the week

fuck me lads are all my gains gone
>>
How does I make prostate gains?
>>
>>41646167
Is it sharp pain or just sore?
>>
>>41645703
Pushups
>>
will i finally have abs if i walk 1-1.5 hours a day and lift 3-4 days a week? eating 1800-2000 kcal a day. 6'3 190 atm
>>
>>41644367
I have been having a fever for the past three days, been in bed for these days as well. Decided to walk a bit yesterday but felt horrible. Now, today I woke up feeling pretty well. When is it okay to start working out again, I have never paused my workout schedule because of being sick or ill.
>>
File: images (1).png (7KB, 234x200px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).png
7KB, 234x200px
Once you get a girl's number from Tinder, do you text casually or only to arrange a date?
>>
>>41646214
If you keep losing weight, and if you actually have a foundation of abs, then it will come eventually yeah.
>>
>>41646056
I'm interested in this too
I used to do a long ass routine (around 2h-2hours and a half) before switching to stronglifts
>>
>>41646234
>>>/soc/
>>
>>41646236
a foundation of abs?
>>
>>41646199
Kind of like a bruise. I was thinking maybe it's just discomfort from the weight of the squat bar because it kind of feels like that but I only squatted 110lb.
>>
Do I have to count calories on keto, if I'm close to be shredded enough? I've almost reached my goal (it's probably 0.5kg = 1.1lbs more that I have to loose), but I seems like the process got very slow. What am I doing wrong?
>>
How do you compute volume and intensity? How do they differ?
>>
>>41646253
some muscle, if you did a lot of sports as a child; the foundation is there. If you start from a complete sedentary point or if you have 0 muscle, then you can cut all you want but your abs will look like shit. Just do the training and walking but don't forgot to target your abs.
>>
I've injured my shoulder slightly. Should I still lift, just at much lower weights?
>>
Not gonna make my own thread for this but.
5'11 and 143lb
how long to reach otter mode and what should i focus on? Sorta new to this, have read the sticky though.
>>
>>41646349
It might just be the squat bar that you held on top of your traps that caused a bruise.
Generally should be fine if its just soreness / bruise or if you feel the pain in your "skin". You should be worried if you feel pain in your bones or joints
>>
>>41646687
Cool thanks
>>
I need a no bullshit way to lose 10lb within a week. My career depends on it. 5'7" 185lbs 27 male. Do diet pills work? What brand should I choose if they do. I'm already on the 1 gallon of water a day plan plus no carbs. I plan to start implementing protein shakes starting today it's 120 calories a scoop that I use. I moderately exercise.

Please help me /fit/
>>
I just started lifting at the gym and im very excited.
I read the sticky, doing the 5x5 amatuer workout. Though i changed the deadlift with the overhead pull towards shoulders machine, dont know the english name.
Well, im couch potato level and im weak as fuck. im doing the squats only with the bar (which is 5kg) and the 3x5 kills me already.
also whats a good alternative for bench press? i dont want to do them either because im scared of fucking up and killing me.
>>
>>41646716
A pound is around 3500kcal. There's no way to build up that kind of deficit within a week. I would advice against it but if you absolutely need this then it will have to come from water weight. Look up how professional fighters lose weight prior to the weigh-in to meet their thresholds.
>My career depends on it
Please explain.
>>
>>41646740
Dumbell press.
>>
>>41646740
No. Do deadlifts and bench presses. You won't kill yourself.
>>
>>41646745
>Please explain.
I've been accepted into this program for the Army but they may do a APFT and at my current weight and waist line I am worried I bust tape which will get me flagged and not allow me into said program.

I'm currently eating at 1500 calories a day, should I lower that to 1200?
>>
What app do you use for calorie and macro tracking?
>>
I'm doing Rippetoe's 4day Texas Method Split. Basically:
Press volume, Squat Volume, rest, Press Intensity, Squat Intensity, rest, rest.

What day would be the best to go running? What days would be best if I wanted to run twice a week?
>>
>>41646740
>Well, im couch potato level and im weak as fuck. im doing the squats only with the bar (which is 5kg) and the 3x5 kills me already.

you're just not used to the movement, once you get used to it (maybe a week or two) you'll start increasing the weight no problem.
Unless you're a massive fatty, then you need to lose weight.

I bench press without a spotter too and this is how I fail reps
https://youtu.be/XGkRDcMeSTY?t=2m44s
>>
>>41646768
There is no way to lose that much weight through calories in/calories out. Read this: http://fourhourworkweek.com/2013/05/06/how-to-cut-weight-ufc/

This WILL affect your performance. I'm not familiar with the APFT but I'm not sure this is a good idea.
>>
>>41646797
Mon, thur < tue, fri < wed, sat, sun
>>
>>41646740
Wouldn't change the deadlifts since they're a core part of the routine.

Bench press is not that dangerous. For the bench press to be lethal you need to drop the bar completely during the movement. The only way the bar completely drops is if there is a muscle tear. You're not gonna tear a muscle 0-100 unless you have preexisting injuries. The barbell should not move above your throat except when the bar is pulled off the rack. The bar starts right above your shoulders and stops about below your nipples and goes up to above shoulders.

Should you become tired and cant get the barbell off you simply roll it down your body. It's safe enough.
>>
Why does the Harsh wiki say you need a higher caloric intake to gain muscle and then follow it with sources that say you can have a lower caloric intake and still gain muscle?
>>
>>41646801
>>41646871
Alright. I think im going to ask a friend to assist me with a proper form with deadlift and benchpress.
Also, my left arm is very weak compared to my right arm, is this normal? Will it adjust over time?
>>
>gag/dry heave after set,
>Especially hits hard after my final set of the day
How do I make this stop
>>
Okay so say if my workout is 10 chinups for 3 sets and then 10 pullups for 3 sets and I want to do supersets. Does that mean I do 10 chinups then 10 pullups and then take a rest until I do my second set of each?
>>
>>41646942
how weaker are we talking and how do you asses it as weaker?

most people's right arms are stronger due to being right handed and masturbation.
>>
>>41646942
Muscle imbalance in new lifters is totally normal. Just do a few extra exercises targeting only your left arm. Dumbell rows, side raises, one handed OHP etc.

Just watch out that you don't injure yourself with heavier weights because your right arm can handle but your left can't. I did that when I started and it was a bit shit.
>>
how bad is it to purge your cheat meal every week
>>
>>41646964
Throwing up food consistantly will slowly degrade your GIT.
>>
>>41646942
>Also, my left arm is very weak compared to my right arm, is this normal? Will it adjust over time?
I had this with the arms flipped for a while. Discovered it came from me carrying my backpack around on a single strap all the time. As long as you keep up the exercise they'll eventually even out, assuming you don't try to compensate for it and keep good form. Could also do extra stuff for it like >>41646958 says.
>>
>>41646647
just do curls and bench presses, there u go
>>
File: FB_IMG_1496224336557.jpg (20KB, 480x476px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496224336557.jpg
20KB, 480x476px
Is there anything wrong with working the same areas every day if I'm not using heavy weights? Do I Need to rest my buns?
>>
>>41646953
3x5 side raises 10kg. no problem for reight arm but my left arm died after the second set. had to use 6kg then for the final set on the left arm.
>>
>>41646647
maybe summer next year
>>
>>41646995
Side raises are lateral deltoids, for your information. Not what I would call arm. And for that matter your lateral delt strength doesn't really factor that much into basic barbell movements.

I can also note that what you should be doing in that scenario is not to train your right arm more if you seek symmetry. Do left first and match the set with your right.
>>
I'm doing C25K, but I've also got a barbell and two variable dumbells at home. I figure it'd be a good idea to do something with them the two days a week alternating with the running, but I'm not sure what to do. Most of the things I find are balanced around 3 days, and I don't know if I should cut out leg things since I'm running. Any recommendations where I should look?
>>
>>41646847
For my age group I need to do 39 push ups, ~50 sit ups and run a 2 mile in 17 minutes. I'll be fine in that aspect. I just like steak and beer too much, but that shit is cut out for now.
>>
>>41646949
Bump pls help
>>
Stalling on squats just because I cant get my breath right. After holding my breath for each squat and hyperventilating in between each rep i feel like im going to pass out by my 5th rep and never feel confident enough to go for another
Is there any resources on breathing or am i just anemic or something?
>>
>>41646993
no
however if your doing squats with low weight then there's almost no point
>>
>>41646716
Drink only water hand do hours of cardio per day and you can make it, but that requiresa iron will...
>>
>>41647083
Breath in while going down, breath out while going up. If you can't do the full thing in one long breath, I guess you could breath out at the bottom, then breath in again, then breath out as you go up?

I don't think you should be holding your breath for anything. I've only done it for incline sit ups and that's because I physically couldn't breath out while going up.
>>
>>41647083
Big breath at the top. Descend and hold. Exhale at the top, a few smaller breaths to regain composure. Repeat. Refer to starting strength for more detailed instructions.

>>41647165
You absolutely do not want to exhale at the bottom. Letting your breath go will loosen up all internal pressure that you gained from the breath. Loss of core tightness at the bottom means you can't use stretch reflex and will force paused reps. The loss of core tightness will also make the movement a lot looser than you want it.

Rippetoe uses the example of trying to push a car. Instinctively you would do so with a held breath. I disagree with your core point about never holding your breath for anything. But I rather think you should try and hold your breath during every movement, and breathing between repetitions.

>>41647083
Since both me and anon are providing contradictory advice I'm gonna give you some objectively better advice; research it yourself.
>>
>>41646061
Sleep apnea anon
>>
>>41645210
Do you run on your off days? My knee got completely fucked when I started running for cardio inbetween lifting. Stopped running and the pain was gone in less than a week.
>>
>>41644367
Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>41644674
Why would you even worry about muscle memory? What are you trying to say?
>>
How many scoops of whey?
>>
>>41646167
Probably just a muscle you've never used before getting a rude awakening.
>>
>>41647243
I could retract the guess-advice of cycling the breath at the bottom for squats. It should be fine for something where you're stabilized like bench press though. But exhaling during the exertion is definitely not bad for form or the muscles. Relaxation of some muscles during the contraction of other muscles is how the body works, after all. Breath holding's main advantage comes in the form of simulating low oxygen environments.
>>
How bad is diet soda, really?

Its not part of my daily intake, but occasionally i like to hit my sweet tooth by having a diet coke. Probably average about 2 a week.

Is this really that bad?
>>
File: IMG_20170515_191947.jpg (712KB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170515_191947.jpg
712KB, 1512x2016px
What should i do go get an /aesthetic/ body as a skelly (191cm, 66kg)? Ive read the things in the sticky and lurked for a while but theres just so much info and dissenting opinions that im unsure what to follow. Ive read about SS obviously but in gains threads s lot of the people who started out on it have weirdly proportioned bodies, is that just genetics or a flaw in the program? So yea can anyone dirext me towards a good gym regimen for aesthetics
>>
>>41647449
Besides the obvious bad for your teeth thing, twice a week is pretty much harmless. If it helps curb your sweet tooth instead of keeping the flame alive, then it could probably barely be considered beneficial for you.

>>41647067
Bump for this. I remember the 3x a week starting strength I was doing when I could make it to a gym 2 years ago, but I don't know how to alter it to 2x a week, nor if it should be changed because of the cardio.
>>
File: king of protein powders.png (592KB, 554x555px) Image search: [Google]
king of protein powders.png
592KB, 554x555px
>>41644367

I seriously struggle with deadlifts. I can't even lift 90kg. I have a huge mental block with deadlifts and I feel like I can't do them properly without injuring myself. I'm also scared my form isn't good enough and I constantly worry that I'm gonna fuck up my back (And get lower back pain when DLing) plus I struggle to grip the bar without dropping it.
>>
>>41647549
LIGHT WEIGHT BABY
>>
>>41647576

Yeah I know it is. Can you help?
>>
Why do I feel like crying when I hear someone sing with a beautiful voice?
>>
>>41647619
because its beautiful and therfore a sensation for your body to experience it?
>>
>>41646061
Def sounds like sleep apnea. I have it, it wakes me up from time to time. Mine is caused by my deviated septum, which I have yet to get fixed. But if you don't have any kind of airway deformation or injury, you may want to look into getting a cpap or bipap
>>
>>41647310
Perhaps your running form wasn't on point and that aggravated your knee problems.
>>
My squat is stronger than my deadlift (100kg squat, 90kg deadlift). I do olympic squat, feet relitavely close and ATG. Also I tend to put the weight on the balls of my feet during a squat. I think my quads are much stronger than hamstrings. Is this right and best way to fix?
>>
Regarding Phraks Greyskull LP....

Are you supposed to be doing bench three times a week (M-W-F) and then OHP three times a week in the following week...

Or is it the same scheme as SL/SS ie alternating ?

Please halp...
>>
>>41647628
I dont like it
>>
>>41646061
I agree, sounds like sleep apnea. Perhaps try recording (video pref or audio) yourself sleeping to see if there are long breaks in succesful breathing (obstructive sleep apnea).
>>
>>41647691
sounds like you just fear your own emotions since you are used to ignore them to not be a pussy and and Alpha instead

this is unhealthy tho, there is nothing better than being able to just let emotions do its job

there is nothing more intense m8. give it a try. (im srs)
>>
>>41647672
100kg squat and 90kg deadlift are absolute beginner, novice numbers. The difference at this point is primarily form and CNS adaptation, and all it takes is time focusing on form to fix it.
>>
>>41647511
Eat big
Lift heavy

Just make sure you get calories and macros and start on basically any beginners plan.

Aesthetics take time. Don't be memed by those bullshit "1 month progress" images where they go from nothing to abs and shoulders with popping veins.
>>
>>41647734
Pls I'm 5'4" and 55kg been going to gym for 2 years
>>
>>41647735
>>41647511
Also, SS/SL are BEGINNER ROUTINES that build strength to base intermediate level. Some morons stayed on them for way too long. You should be on them for 6 months max. Add in some accessories like dips and curls if you really feel oddly proportioned after a few weeks.
>>
File: alpha vs beta.jpg (61KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
alpha vs beta.jpg
61KB, 600x900px
I have a question about fasting too, though a non-retarded one:

Does drinking things like coffee, green tea, mint infusion, etc break the fast if I take them plain? No sugar or milk.

If you are fasting for wheight loss shouldn't stuff with caffeine accelerate it? They don't have any calories and shouldn't break the fast, should they?
>>
Do you weight yourself naked? Even with light clothes it's like 2lbs difference.
>>
>>41644367
WHY CANT ALL SKINNY FUCKERS THAT SAY EATING IS HARD JUST EAT POTATO CHIPS

ITS 550 FUCKING CALS FOR 100 GRAM AND YOU LITERALLY CANT EVEN NOTICE YOUR EATING ANYTHING.
>>
>>41647857
You feel extremely full after eating that shit.
It is disgusting.
>>
>>41647854
dont forget the buttplug m8
>>
>>41647887
WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT. YOU CAN DOWN A BAG OF 200G BETWEEN MEALS AND NOT NOTICE
>>
>>41647913
No, I can´t.
I am not used to that much fat and salt.
>>
I know this isn't the best place to ask for medical advice but I'm too poor to go to a doctor so:
About eight years ago I fucked my shin up by landing on it. I'm pretty sure it got broke because the bone now has a dip in it. But anyway I never got an x-ray and just put up with it. It's mostly healed but the skin is still a little pink and tender, and if I hit it on a table or whatever it fucking hurts. Why is this, and what do?

inb4 go to doctor
>>
>>41647991
dont google it or you end up with either aids, cancer and ebola or all at once
>>
File: SAM_2033.jpg (652KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_2033.jpg
652KB, 1536x2048px
Are my nipples okay?
>>
>>41647857
>go to friends house
>he has a grab bag of Chili Cheese frito's
>they've been opened...
>and are now closed for some reason..

I never understood it.. How do you not finish that small bag of chips?

Fatty genetics, no wonder he's still skinny.
>>
What food is there that I can eat without cooking and store at room temperature? Too autistic to use the shared kitchen when it's always full of azns.
>>
>>41648068
Canned stuff. Pasta and the like.
>>
>>41648068
Beans, rice (just put rice in a container of water like you were about to boil it but just let it sit for about 30 minutes) Shakes, almost anything in a can and muesli and oats (again just let oats sit in cold water) bananas and oranges and shit
>>
>>41648038

gyno is never okay
>>
File: 1495399523136.png (19KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495399523136.png
19KB, 700x600px
Been doing this routine for a few weeks? I'd like to hear /fit/s opinion on it. I feel like I'm not working the chest hard enough.
>>
>>41648068
Rice cakes?
>>
>>41648125
fuck
>>
Lower back is killing me after bent over rows. Like actual pain I think, feels like it's super tight, but painful enough to not be able to continue. What the fuck have I done.
>>
I started taking whey protein yesterday (30g, the recommended dose) and today my shit had a somewhat green coloration. Is it normal or should I worry about it?
>>
Why don't my lats seem to grow? Since I'm still a novice lifter (<10 months lifting, currently cutting) would I still be able to expect some gains on my cut or will I have to wait until winter when I can bulk again?
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 512x512px
how do I build strong KNEES?

Im starting grappling/bjj soon and the idea of dropping violently to one knee scares the shit out of me. especially as I have knobbly knees and have had bursitis before.

I do 2 plate and a bit squat (120kg) for 2 sets of 5.

Should I add lots of single leg lunges? Or something else?
>>
Been on starting strength for a month, is it normal to not have any soreness in the shoulders? I don't want to mess with the program and start adding random shit
>>
Hex bar.

Can I row with this bar? I love rowing, and I usually do it with dumbbels and possibly add in some t bar rows or kroc rows, whatever. Only problem I have is with barbel rows, I cant keep my balance or some shit. It just feel awkward. I tried supinated grip for the first time 2 days ago, it felt a lot better but still something was missing.

Some part of the problem probably comes from my wrists, I cant do a barbel curl at all with the bar for example, must be ez-bar so my wrists can be at the certain angle so they wouldnt hurt and feel like snapcity. Same probably applies to barbel rows, can I do hex bar? That way my wrists would be facing the bar differently.

HEX BAR ROWS, YES OR NO?
>>
File: 2z6saox.jpg (233KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
2z6saox.jpg
233KB, 800x500px
>>41648365
My boy GUS

Goddamn I wanna see him light Jones up, now.
>>
>>41644367
>recently got elbow pain in pushing movement
>physio says its ok to lift just drop weight
>warm up with pull movements
>pushing movements dont hurt after warm up

why? someone pls explain
>>
Are Ab isolations good for extra definition or is it all about bodyfat?
If the former, how many sets and reps should I be doing?
>>
File: 1484678431621.jpg (13KB, 468x398px) Image search: [Google]
1484678431621.jpg
13KB, 468x398px
Reposting from a previous thread.

>be me
>do PHAT for ~8 months
>get pretty big, but eventually start to stall on main lifts
>decide to switch to TM
>get stronger, but lose size

Is this normal? What accessories should I be doing?
>>
Can I make gains on a cut? Given I'll only be cutting for 3 or 4 weeks at the most since I'm barely skinnyfat but close to ottermode at the same time.
>>
Why has my squat progression been so shit? I can barely squat 1pl8 for 5x5. I've been lifting for three months now and my legs are weak as shit.
>>
>>41644367
all my lifts are past intermediate and I'm finishing my cut/did SS with acessories.

I want to move to a U/L routine but I want to minimize leg training to simply deadlifts and squats once a week to maintain leg size, dont want legs to grow more since I used to squat 3x week before limiting it to just the B day so theyre more than big enough

would it be fine to do it U1xLxU2xx or even if 4 days U1xU2LxU1xU2etc....

would this be fine? and is there any benefit to doing a Upper/Lower routine(and this modified one) 4 days a week? or should I stick to 3 to not abuse on the volume
>>
>>41645746
Don't measure yourself, just look in the mirror.

Scales mean nothing.
>>41646055
They have shit ton of fat and no protein autist.
>>41646640
give it a week break, lift lightly and if injury still there give it two weeks and try again etc etc.
>>41646647
6 months?
Focus on compound exercise, bench, OPH, Deadlift, shoulder press, squats. Then add in arms and abs.
>>
>>41650302
Because youre completely new to lifting. Many people e-stat on the internet, if you do deep nice squats with good form for 1plate after just a few months of lifting, youre ahead of many people instead of lacking behind. Just think where you will be in 3 years, not three months.
>>
>>41646781
Use a note pad and check the calories yourself. you don't need fucking app, just a pen and paper.
>>41646935
You consume more calories to bulk, gaining mostly muscle and a bit fat.

You consume less calories to shred Mostly fat and a bit of muscle.

This is most simple and easy way to get physique. Only truly dedicated people eat exactly the right amount of shit to gain max muscle and no fat.
>>
>>41646993
You workout so your muscle fibre breaks apart, which requires nutrients and sleep in order heal and grow stronger/bigger.

It takes 1-2days for each muscle to regow/repair.

Therefore working out in the same day does nothing but fuck your shit up.

0 point in lifting light weight unless you're injured. Want to get toned? Run on the bike, want to gain mucle? Lift heavy, nuff said.
>>
>>41650478
>Want to get toned? Run on the bike

the fuck nigger?
Want to lose weight and increase your stamina? Run on the bike

fixed that for you
>>
I'm 210 pounds, probably almost all fat, and an almost completely inactive. I just started lifting weights this week, but I literally can't lift more than a pair of 10 lb dumbbells right now. I'm also doing a C25K of sorts on my lifting rest days.

What sort of strength gains should I expect in the near-ish future, if any?
>>
>>41647449
>>41647525
It's not harmless moron. EVERYTHING has a positive and a negative. Fake sugars are in diet sodas, reducing sugar/calories intake which is the POSITIVE. Negative? Simply do a google search and you'll find the negatives such as more headaches and some others.

Try sticking to natural shit, get sugars from fruits.
>>
>>41650496
Don't getting toned and losing weight go hand in hand?
>>
>>41650514
Getting toned doesnt mean anything. Women use the word, so please leave it out.
>>
Kind of a strange question I think but I'm a recovering anorexic who's trying to get fit/stronk and stop being an exhausted, dying skelly.

It's a stupid motivation I know, but, I really want to be able to develop this line down the centre of my torso/stomach like this girl has. I have no idea what it's called but I think it's very aesthetic. Any idea what kind of exercises would accentuate this specifically or the name of what this is?
>>
>>41647808
No it doesn't break a fast, it has 0 calories/fat unless you add milk or sugar or butter etc.
>>41648038
you have gyno, not a lot but a bit. Not a major problem really but if it bothers you just get surgery.
>>
>>41648133
Workout every fucking day retard. your musckes require 1-2 days for recovery. Therefore why are you not working every fucking day with different body types????? dont you want gains???
>>
File: 20170526_055254.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170526_055254.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
How did roiding affect your personality/mindset?
What the extra test changed, perception wise?
The more details the better, i want to get a feel on how much test affect our behavior/mind/perception.
>>
>>41648273
it means your lower back muscles are weak as shit. Eventually they will get strong enough to the point where they don't hurt as badly.

If they hurt too much STOP, do not over train.
>>41648301
it wont make your shit green, maybe eating too much green stuff? If not then fix your terrible disgusting diet... by eating more greens.
>>41648322
You aren't hitting them hard enough and frequently enough. Make sure you're EATING enough too. Also increase your weight or reps every session
>>
>>41644367

Why does everyone seem to hate grunting so much? I don't do it to show off or distract other people, and I don't get distracted by other people grunting. I specifically grunt/yell on my last set and on my last couple of reps to maximize my muscle recruitment. I find that if I don't grunt, my results suffer. If I grunt, it helps me push out the last 1-3 reps without failing. It really does motivate me to push and just fucking conquer that shit. I assume anyone else doing it is doing it for the same reason.

So why the hate? It's not like I grunt for several minutes, just for literally about 6-8 seconds while I do the hardest part of my set.
>>
>>41648133
It's a very solid beginner routine. I'd personally add 2 or 3 sets of face pulls or rear delt flyes to workout A and C because big shoulders are important

If you want to work chest more, add 2 or 3 sets of 8 to 10 incline or db incline or flyes every time you bench.
>>
>>41648853
Make sure your form is correct, when doing shoulder movement exercises ask someone to check your form.

If thats good then it means your muscles are super sore.
>>41649115
It's because your arms aren't flexible/very weak.

Do barbell rows with lower weight, to the point where it doesn't hurt your arms so much. Then slowly increase weight.
>>41649842
Obviously they are good for definition but ultimately it's all about bodyfat. try hitting 10% bodyfat for abs.
>>41649912
Size 8-12
Strength reps 1-5

Just increase volume in your PHAT routine, but add extra sets.

Also switch up the days you do stuff.
>>41650012
Impossible you cannot make gains if you CUT, cutting loses FAT but a bit of muscle.

You can maintain muscle and lose fat but never gain.
>>
>>41650501
You should rocket in gains since you're a noobie

If your routine/diet/sleep is correct.
>>41650530
What she has is genetics 100% you can get something similar depending on your genetic but ill assume your average so all you need to do is this.

Workout abs and lose bodyfat untill this shows... pic related.
>>
File: image.gif (111KB, 729x758px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
111KB, 729x758px
Is it imperative that you always do different exercises every time you go to the gym? Every time i go i do the 4 core barbell exercises, and 3 or 4 exercises of whatever i feel like working on that day (arms, legs, etc). However my exercises in the categories rarely change. Am i doing it right?
>>
>doing deadlifts Tuesday
>Back is sore as fuck yesterday
>Doesn't feel any better today

Is there chance I actually hurt something? How long should I wait until I see a doctor?
>>
>>41650664
You just need to increase your god damn volume. Weight x Reps = Volume
>>
>>41650662
>Diet
More specifically, I'm trying to lose weight so I'm at a deficit. Does "noob gains" still come into play or will I just maintain my current muscle?
>>
>>41646716

Get an interview at hollister bigboi?
>>
>>41650675
If you can run don't see a fucking doctor. All they will say is "dont do deadlifts"

I fucked my back hmm.. 3 weeks ago from deadlift, it's slowly healed but super slowly because when i do squats it hurts a bit.

I recommend giving it 1 month, total. No deadlifts. Then try deadlifts again and see if it still hurt, if it doesn't hurt GOOD. Now ask someone huge if they can teach you how to deadlift otherwise you'll fuck your back up again.
>>
>>41650662
>workout abs
Okay cool, gotcha, easy.
>and lose bodyfat
Anon I'm a recovering anorexic lol
>>
>>41650675
>>41650718
3 years ago when I was learning how to deadlift I was doing it with wrong form and I hurt my lower back, 2 weeks with pain that eventually went away but sometimes I still feel it, not when I workout but when I'm just sitting and chilling

I asked an ortophedist about it and it seems its just an internal scar tissue

tl;dr could be bad or not
>>
>>41645614
Pharmafag here. Yes. Anything that says "supports" is ultra meme-tier.
>>
>>41650696
Depends on your deficit. If you lose weight too fast you gain loose skin and lose muscle.

What is your weight/height?
>>
Should I wear a belt when dead lifting? If so at what weight
>>
>>41644367
>can I eat carbs while doing no carb?

Kys
>>
>>41650755
210 lb
5'8"
>>
>>41650621
>weak arms

Well I gotta say never heard that one before. I mean my arms dont hurt and I never said they did, only that my wrist just hurt in a certain angle that a barbell forces, while an ez bar doesnt.
>>
What's the best type of routine while on a cut?
>>
>>41650687
No, reps x sets = volume. Intensity = weight on the bar.
>>
>>41650741
Well if we went through life never gaining any scars on/in our body then did we really live a testosterone-ous life? Aslong as it doesn't disable you and you're still able to make future gains then i say props to you.

I've injured my body in so many ways, it's the main way i learn from my mistakes. I make sure to not be stupid with my injures tho.
>>41650730
Whoops lol. Also since you're a girl make sure you DO SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS, it will improve your physical apperance 100%.
Try to train lats too if you want hourglass figure.
>>
>>41650800
Same as on a bulk but with less volume.
>>
How do I get over losing the first girl who ever made me alive
>>
>>41647681
alternating sessions
bench/press/bench press/bench/press
>>
>>41650839
Can I split between:
Upper push
Upper pull
Lower body combined
>>
>>41650870
push pull legs? Most common routine split there is probably. No reason you couldnt.
>>
>>41650876
Yeh figured. Just finished a lacrosse season and have a bad knee, so laying off squats for a while. Doing deadlifts, with a core excerice supersetted. Then doing RDLs, leg press, core - then glute/hamstring machine with quad machine. Any other ideas?
>>
>>41650910
Many people do upperbody focused PPL.
P P L x P P x

Dont do DLs supersetted with anything, a fatigued core will fuck you up. If you cant do legs but can do leg press you really dont have a problem, your quads are good to go. Just do the leg press with feet quite low so it focuses quads more. Romanian deadlift / glute ham raise for hamstrings, try both out or alternate. You dont need leg extension after leg press, but add leg curl so your knee end hamstring also gets a good hit.

Core work after leg work imo, core is needed in almost all of these. So it would be like,
DL
Leg Press
GHR / RDL
Leg curl
Core work
>>
>>41650770
I use belt if i want to break PR.

If not use no belt, that way your lower back strength increases and you don't rely on belt.
>>41650792
Oh okay. I recommend you consume 2500calories per day and focus purely on muscle growth routines. Remember instead of the calories turning into fat you'll be turning them into muscle.

REMEMBER make sure your diet is PERFECT, no sodas, no cake, no chocolate, no chips. Replace it with vegi/fruit/fish/chicken/beaf/nuts etc.

This is if you want to transform your body into something aesthetic.
>>41650795
I meant your wrists are weak but it's an important part of your arm, therefor weak arms.

Ez bar is more natural for grip but you should be able to do barbell curbs perfectly fine. Im saying practice doing BB curls to fix your weak wrists.

Otherwise someone can easily disarm you with wrist lock.
>>41650814
Your wrong.

Reps x Set = volume? No because you need WEIGHT to rep.

Weight x Rep = Volume
Sets is implied, so you increase your sets to increase volume.
Or you increase weight/reps

Under to knowledge of optimal reps is 7-12, optimal sets is 3-5.

Intensity doens't = weight on bar, the fuck you on about? Intensity is how intense you go through your set.

If you finish your set quick then it's more intense..

why i get corrected by someone giving wrong info...
>>
>>41650949
>I meant your wrists are weak but it's an important part of your arm, therefor weak arms.
>
>Ez bar is more natural for grip but you should be able to do barbell curbs perfectly fine. Im saying practice doing BB curls to fix your weak wrists.
>
>Otherwise someone can easily disarm you with wrist lock.

I actually dont know what the fucks your problem, can you stop answering people? Your advice is plain retarded.
>>
>>41650853
Go to prison, they will make you feel alive there more. Faggot.
>>
How the fuck am I supposed to use condoms with an uncut dick? The condom always wants to slide off when my foreskin retracts repeatedly, even when using tight condoms.
>>
>>41650949
Yo man what the fuck, how the hell do you just try to answer people when you can simply google what a term means, see that woops youre wrong and then not post shit? Actually saying people like lyle mcdonald are wrong on basics, is fucked up.

>Weight x Rep = Volume
Jesus christ.
>>
>>41650959
Lol? I have no problem, im not the one crying when someone gives me advice about my piss weak wrists. Man up.
>>
Is it gay to shave my arms?
>>
>>41650963
Kys faggot

Not so nice is it now?
>>
>>41650986
In the same post you said volume would mean something else but sets x reps, you can literally GOOGLE what volume means in 40 fucking seconds.

Do you really want me to link you a "let me google that for you" post?
>>
>>41650975
I have no idea what you're complaining about. it's a common known fact.
>>
>>41651013
You can post all the pictures you want, my opinion won't change.
>>
>>41650853
You don't, you just learn to move on. Life is loss Anon and experience is what makes a person them. Do look into mindfulness though, you'll find peace in this.
>>
>>41651016
Yeah, actually unbelievable that people could just open a new tab, google "what does volume mean weightlifting" or ANYTHING similar and they would see youre wrong. I dare you to google that.
Only people that use the words "hurr its a known fact Im not gonna say anything more" are people who think the earth is flat.

The earth is not flat.
>>
>>41651029
I never said a word about pictures. 30s googling proves you wrong, the fact im mad is that this fucking thread right here is meant to be a place where new lifters can learn something new. Your shitty trolls are whats killing the good part of this site.
>>
>>41651040
For all you know we could be living in test tubes wired into a virtual reality and be non the wiser. You're like the blind sheep that look through life and believe what you're told instead of trying to see the world for what it really is.

Let me guess you voted for hillary and you don't visit /pol?
>>
>>41651065
Thats surely on topic.
>>
>>41651055
You need to get your brain checked bro. My way of volume won't hinder any learners muscle growth. Anyone who treats others opinions as "trolls" is someone living in a bubble. Assuming any other oppinion is purely out of jokery and not because the world doesn't revolve around your opinions. Pathetic.
>>
>>41651082
No, if a claim is easily proven to be false like yours is, and still forced, it is definitely a troll.

You are missleading newbies and that does you nothing good and bad for them. Stop. You arent funny.
>>
>>41650946
Thanks. The no squat thing has to do with the knee not the quad. I forget the exact name of it, but basically no cartilage or very little. Doctor said I could do squats and jumps and stuff of that nature, but that it would continue to wear it down. After the season I'm still dealing with residual pain, so don't wanna fuck it up more for a while with heavy squats. The leg press isn't totally good for it, but keeps a little bit of that gravitational tension off the knee
>>
>>41651100
As i said, pathetic.
>>
How much broccoli is a serving of vegetables? I'm getting conflicting answers, some saying half a cup and others saying 1 cup, both for raw broccoli. The same question for carrots.
>>
How can i stimulate facial hair growth? Any supplements?
>>
>>41651107
ad homined, end of discussion. Will ignore the rest of your posts.

>>41651102
Yes, the leg press switch from squats just ensures you can do some sort of heavy quad work. People with knee problems tend to have a hard time doing any sort of quad work. If you arent planning / dont want to go too heavy on the leg press and add in some leg extensions as well, might not want to do the full ROM at the top of the extension. Thats the most prone end for injuries. Just keep it a bit off from being locked / full rom.
>>
>>41650965
You're not supposed to use condoms.
> nb4 disease
You're not supposed to rawdog dozens of sluts, either.
You're meant to find an unspoiled woman, marry her, and have kids. When you have too many kids, use one of the two rhythm methods (aka monthly or pullout).
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-09-16-19-59-1.png (397KB, 1358x1808px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-09-16-19-59-1.png
397KB, 1358x1808px
How will a week of not going to the gym on a cut affect my strength/gains?
>>
>>41651142
... or have her on the pill?
>>
>>41651138
Good call. Thanks mate. Fit never fails me when I've got real questions, despite all the crap
>>
>>41650965
Join the rawdog crew
>>
>>41651189
Back to untrained kiddo
>>
Did lat raises for the first time in forever yesterday and I have no DOMS today. Is that normal?
>>
>>41651138
One more question, I've been doing my P P L split routine with a hypertrophy type set of reps 3 x 12-15. Is this ok? But I've been doing my deadlifts 5 x 5 because I used to do that in another routine. How should I proceed?
>>
how do I get /fit/ without going to the gym? I don't think doing body weight exercises everyday will really help me
>>
>>41651276
hows ur traps? Try watching the athlean x vid about lat raises for form, if you arent sure about yours. Ask a friend to press your shoulder with his finger with some force, it's easier to focus the said muscle when this is being done. Could have also just gone all for traps work.
>>
I incorporated rack pulls and pendlay rows a few weeks ago into my program and I noticed that my back got thicker by the heavy overloading. What are exercises for the chest to get it thick? I feel that it's easier to overload on a pull than on a push exercise.
>>
>>41651281
You could try reading up about lyle mcdonalds Generic bulking routine. Dont mind the word bulk in it, he says it's fine to do the same routine but with less volume (less sets).

http://www.jcdfitness.com/wp-content/download/Lyle_McDonald_Generic_Bulking_Routine_FAQ.pdf

this goes through A LOT of basic and more advanced tips, really a good read. Lyle knows his things, I'd trust him. Dont mind his routine set up, it's upper / lower but the advice can definitely be applied to your routine as well. See the info about volume and peridizing the routine.
And by periodizing I mean him talking about doing basically cycles of 7-9 weeks, first you start with a 2 week deload period of about 80-90 % intensity (weight on the bar), and then go for 5-7 weeks of pushing for new records. The start with the deload period again. He also talks about periodizing strenght and mass focus, mainly through higher rep numbers. The first 10 pages of the pdf are GOAT read, thats for sure.
>>
File: 1415367391766.jpg (33KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1415367391766.jpg
33KB, 640x427px
>>41651358
im off to bed.
>>
Why am i gaining weight? I lift 2 hours a day 5 days a week. My body is tightening but im actually gaining weight.

Was around 184... Currently 189. Last three weeks was when i saw the weight gain. 5'10 btw

My stomach is flatter but there is still flab around my abdominal and chest area. Been taking Alli so im literally shitting excessive grease and fat.

So what gives?
>>
Is fasting a bad idea when you're skinnyfat? How do I take the fat on my stomach and put it on my twig arms?
>>
>>41651358
During a cut?
>>
Should I swap my daily portion of chicken breast for whiting? I already eat lots of light tuna and sardines and I'm a little concerned about antibiotic and hormone levels in farm raised chicken. I can't afford an all natural brand. Hell, I can't even afford tilapia.

Is grocery store "wild caught" frozen whiting likely to be any better than unnatural double d sized chicken breasts?
>>
>>41650548
Are you retarded? Splits aren't optimal for a beginner.
>>
File: GI go home.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
GI go home.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
Hey /fit/

On monday I asked for help on my nutrition in one of these threads. I discovered that I was eating about 1800 calories a day, but since I'm 5'7" and about 148 pounds I should be eating around 3k calories for bulking.

Anons offered me advice, telling me to add more meat, eat some eggs and peanut butter. I followed their advice and I'm in the process of fixing my diet.

I was feeling pretty bloated yesterday, since I ate about 2400 calories. But something is happening today and I don't understand why.

I'm going to hit the gym in about half an hour. Up to now, I've eaten about 2100 calories. Compared to monday, I had eaten about 1500 calories on the same period. But instead of feeling bloated like yesterday, I'm feeling fucking hungry all the goddamn time. What gives?
>>
>>41644556
the correct answer is to take it whenever you want some easy protein in order to hit your goal
>>
>>41645264
kek, relatable. Pig skin/pork rinds are great for keto, also pretty tasty
>>
>>41645746
It depends, really. 28% is probably a lot higher than you think it is. At 260 (if you were decently active), you'd probably have a bit more than the average amount of muscle. It's also not the reading itself that matters a whole lot, but the consistency of it. If you're 28% every time, and you measure yourself 3 weeks later at 24%, that's still 4% bodyfat lost. Use how you look in the mirror as well as the scale reading, ur gonna look cute in no time bb
>>
>>41646073
Work at 80% of your ORM until you know your body. You'll learn when you have one more rep in the tank or not with time
>>
>>41651803
could be different foods you're ingesting, but could also be that you're adjusting to your new diet. pretty normal imo
>>
>>41646117
Could be a range of things, my man. Short arms and long legs are a thing. Possibly form on squats? Exhaustion, too. Maybe you're getting too much leg volume in. Jobs that involve standing for prolonged periods of time, bending over, squatting, etc are gain goblins. My normal working weight for 3x5 was 265, but after working 5 days straight of 8-9 hour shifts, I could barely do 225. Eat more too possibly, bb. Hope I helped a little
>>
>>41646943
Make sure you are breathing during reps.
>>
>>41646119
6x5 is fine, you're just at/slightly above the size it takes for most girls to enjoy
>>
>>41646647
Nobody has mentioned back, but you should do pull ups/rows consistently. They will help you look wider and get that V-taper look
>>
I have probably squatted and deadlifted a total of 12 times and I STILL get doms, like really bad

I'm talking about squatting with just the bar and I get terrible DOMS

deadlift 3x6 <1 plate and my hamstrings get obliterated

will I ever escape this torment? I'm literally doing baby weights and getting crushed for like 2-3 days after
>>
>>41646716
Water fast, bucko. Only water, some salt (everyone recommends pink himalayan salt), magnesium, and multivitamins. You'll lose glycogen stores, water weight, and probably even some fat. Most importantly: NO calories, just what I listed.
Either that, or PSMF which involves eating 600-1000 calories of protein (as well as multivitamins) and >20g of carbs and fat. The latter is easier but you'll lose more weight more quickly with a water fast
>>
I'm 5'11, 140, former fatty. Is it really okay for me to be eating as much as 1900 calories a day for lean bulking? I promise you this is not bait, just being a former fatty I'm deathly afraid of fat and don't want to overdo it.

Do I eat 1900-2000 every day or just training days?
>>
>>41652443
most importantly, do not exercise (you can still do push ups and such) while water fasting and only exercise moderately 2-3 times a week on PSMF. No intense cardio unless you want to die. Before your tests, eat a lot of carbs (2-300) so you don't pass out from running 2 miles.
>>
>>41646943
Drink enough water, eat food before, even if it's just an apple or something
>>
Is canditos strength hypertrophy routines good for someone coming off SS
>>
>>41651193
Never. That fucks up their hormones, women are hard enough to stay married to with their normal bullshit, last thing you want is a wife on the pill. If you've already put several buns in her oven, and can't afford more, either fuck her off that time of the month or pull out, or both.
>>
>>41646949
Yep, that's how you'd superset it. Although it doesn't seem like it'd be too great at building a big back/big arms, I'd recommend weighted chin ups and then superset with pull ups to burn out. Either way, yeah that's a superset my boy. Have fun bb
>>
>>41644367
Suck your own moron cock, OP
>>
>>41647549
Record yourself going for a PR and if it's terrible, you were right and should work on form. If it's good, then you just hit a PR and can continue from there knowing you have nothing to worry about. As for the grip, train it with static holds. I wouldn't recommend chalk/mixed grip until at least 120kg. But to each their own, try out mixed grip if you'd like
>>
Is this ok?
FSH: 2.6 mUI/mL
LH: 4.00 mUI/ml
Test: 5.51 ng/ml
Serum test: 0.347 nmol/L
>>
>>41652455
>>41652455
>>41652455
Please respond.
>>
Would you guys rather do chin-ups/pull-ups or barbell rows if you only had time to do one or the other, and why would you choose that? I like chin-ups more because then I can do bicep work as well and save time not doing curls.
>>
>>41652638
2000 is fine, you're tall.
Take photos every week to see if you're getting fat but I doubt it.
>>
>>41652511
yes
>>
>>41646402

Yeah dude count cals on keto. It is possible to bulk on keto so you need to stay under your TDEE if you're cutting. Also, too much protein can synthesize into glucose in your body, so you want to keep protein at a MAX 1g/lb of lean body weight. Keep net carbs at 20 or less and fill the rest with fats.
>>
>>41652730
>you're tall.
Am I really?

And okay, thank you very much. Is the more protein the better a good guide? I've been getting 1g/bodyweight and filling the rest with fat/carbs, but I could easily just eat more protein if it would help.
>>
What are some foods that are good on proteins but low on fat? I'm currently managing to hit 220 for carbs, 130 for fat and 130 for proteins, and I'd like to eat more proteins and less fat.

All my fat comes from meat, milk, peanut butter and fucking whole bread, I don't know what to replace or balance for less fat than that.
>>
One week without running and I am feeling stressed and downbeat.

Then I go running again and suddenly my sleep pattern gets better again and I am not a sad piece of shit next day and stop thinking about taking meds.

Running does help with depressive symptoms.

Not a question, a statement.
>>
got a 230 lbs bench press on Monday

set a new 5rm of 200lbs

its Thursday and i only managed 190 for 4

wtf is wrong could it just me my cns is fried or something?
>>
>>41652730
>5'11 is tall

lol
>>
tfw just failed on moving up on my bench again and nearly choked myself

H-home gym master race..
>>
I have a power cage and lift in my apartment. I don't use a platform so I rather not DL in the ground and risk breaking some tiles and needing to pay to fix it later.

How good/bad is RDL or something like that which don't start from the ground as a substitute?
>>
>>41653463
How can you ever choke yourself from a failed bench press? In case of failure the bar is going on your chest so you push it downwards towards your abs then hips.
If you nearly choked yourself you are doing something very wrong
>>
>>41653534
I was trying to navigate it back to the rack but it overpowered me on the way back. I guess I should've just accepted defeat and let it roll forward. No real damage done, thankfully.
[spoiler]Except for my hope for progress.[/spoiler]
>>
>>41653348
Average height is 5'9 so yeah...
>>
>>41653588
I understand. Lesson learned. Never ever try racking the bar without it being on the top position already.

I get away from failures like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZmMFBgvbXU
>>
>>41653669
Yeah I just tried it again and failed, again, but made sure to roll it down this time and avoided another potential disaster.

Thank you for the tip, will make benching at home a lot less scary.
>>
How do you warm-up deadlifts and pendlay rows? Can you do just the bar? Doesn't that make it too close the ground for proper form?

Also my right hip is starting to hurt on back squats. Is it my form that's fucking me or just weak joints/ligaments/muscles combined with too much weight?
>>
>>41654083
its' the bar, I think you can hold it to the correct height
also probably your form sucks yeah, deload and fix it

>>41653480
pretty good but there's no sub for DL

>>41653305
why stress? you're stronger some days than others
if you stay at your new "weakness" level, take a deload week

>>41653255
Congrats, something nearly everyone knows

>>41653087
stop eating peanut butter and put some meat on your bread instead

>>41652658
chin-ups yeah, but barbell rows are sweet too for biceps if you do them underhand
just choose, it's your preference

>>41652582
those conversions are wrong, but your overall test is normal

>>41652437
some people adjust, some don't
my gym bro never gets sore, I can't walk the day after it's personal

>>41651567
read the sticky

>>41651538
weight fluctuates a lot, water retention and so forth
if you're looking better, why stress?

>>41651594
Fish isn't really a better choice with all the heavy metals in the water but you can do that if the total proteins stay the same

>>41651347
Bench, dumbbell press, incline, decline, all that shit
>>
File: 20170602.jpg (2MB, 3222x1539px) Image search: [Google]
20170602.jpg
2MB, 3222x1539px
so i used to train a fair bit, i built up an ok level of fitness, then i spent two years not training and let my body get a bit flabby and lost a fair bit of muscle. I'm trying to get back on the regime again, but should I cut the extra fat and start building muscle afterwards? Or just head straight into bulkan territory?

As of last week I've been doing a 4-day PPL routine, I do a fair amount of cycling as well, and have been eating roughly maintenance for the last 3 or 4 months. I've stayed basically the same weight (gained 1Kg but could be water weight) in that timeframe. Basically I want to lose that bit of chub and feel lean and fit again. I'm not really trying to get swole, just a bit more athletic and more defined shoulders/arms/chest.

Anyway what should I do /fit/? yes I've read the sticky, been here a long time, just not posted much before.
>>
Recently started having anal sex and for a week or so after I have internal hemmoroids(?) Or something that feels like it. Is this common? They normally go away by themselves after a while
>>
File: 1488613715787.gif (791KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1488613715787.gif
791KB, 300x168px
>scraped my legs in 4 different places during deadlift set
What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>41654347

> been here a long time, just not posted much before.

maybe don't even visit a site called fucking "fitness" if you're not fit. get off your trash ass computer and go to a gym.
>>
>>41654449
but anon i just got back from the gym
do i have to go back there already? it's 2am
>>
File: 1487192105838.jpg (115KB, 776x905px) Image search: [Google]
1487192105838.jpg
115KB, 776x905px
>>41654449
What did he mean by this
>>
>>41654468

if you look like that while actively working out then it's time for suicide.
>>
>>41654526
you say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens
>>
File: 1492750951941.jpg (397KB, 1320x923px) Image search: [Google]
1492750951941.jpg
397KB, 1320x923px
How do I get this mode?
>>
File: biceps.jpg (54KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
biceps.jpg
54KB, 620x349px
After a good while of fuckarounditis at gym, I want to follow a actual program.

Got this one from Eric Helms' book and added 5th upper body hypertrophy on saturday (following the book orientations). My goal is looking good.

Is it good?

Monday (Upper body strength)
> Bench Press : 4x4-6
> Row : 3x6-8
> Incline DB Press 3x6-8
> Weighted Chin-up : 3x6-8
> Lying Triceps Extension : 3x8-12
> Face Pull : 3x8-12
> Preacher Curl : 3x8-12 SS Wrist Reverse Curls + Finger Rolls : 3x8-12

Tuesday (Lower body strength)
> Squats : 4x4-6
> Leg press : 3x8-12
> Good Mornings : 3x8-12
> Calf Raises: 3x8-12

Thursday (Upper body hypertrophy)
> OHP : 3x8-12
> Pull-downs : 3x8-12
> Bench Press : 3x8-12
> Rows: 3x8-12
> Chest Flies (cable) : 2x12-15
> Lying Triceps Extensions : 2x12-15
> Face Pulls : 2x12-15
> Preacher Curls : 2x12-15 SS Wrist Reverse Curls + Finger Rolls : 2x12-15

Friday
> Deadlift : 4x4
> Leg press : 3x8-12
> Leg Curls : 3x8-12
> Calf Raises : 4x8-12

Saturday (Upper body hypertrophy)
> OHP : 4x8-12
> Rows : 4x8-12
> Chest Flies (cable) : 4x12-15
> Lying Triceps Extensions : 4x12-15
> Face Pulls: 4x12-15
> Preacher Curl : 3x12-15 Wrist Reverse Curls + Finger Rolls : 4x12-15

Progression on main compounds: 2kg/week upper body (bench and rows); 4kg/week for lower body (squat and dl). Accessory movements weights go up every time 4x12 all sets across.
>>
>>41654083
For the deadlift, any warmups less than 1pl8 just pick them up and do sets of stiff-leg dead. Or if you're pretty weak and just starting, use some pl8 or an aerobic step to prop the bar to the right height. Ditto with the rows, prop the weight up.

Does it hurt during the squat or after/soreness? Only the right hip? Get a form check vid but for the moment, deload and work up again, maybe skip squats a couple of days to rest it, too.
>>
My right arm has been bigger than my left pretty much since I started working out. My plan doesn't have curls, so if I do 3 sets of curls every workout day for my left bicep will it catch up with my right? Is this a good idea?
>>
>>41654628
stop lifting, do cardio outside in mountain trails without a shirt on, grow a beard and long hair
>>
>>41654940
Switch hands to fap.

Seriously tho this shit is normal. Fuggidaboutit. Train normally and bilaterally.
>>
>>41654974
I actually have been fapping with my left hand for like a year now. I don't think it's normal though, it's a pretty noticable difference.
>>
WHY isn't it recommended to do accessories on 5x5/SS? I'm doing curls/skullcrushers/incline crunches 3x a week because I LOVE how fast arm gains appear plus they're the most visible tbqh
>>
Still getting DOMS after 8 months of lifting. Some days it's to the point that simple tasks like standing from a chair is slower than normal because i'm sore. First day after is okay, second day is bad. Is that normal? I thought it was supposed to go away. It's not hindering movement, but i can definitely feel the muscles working.
>>
File: IMG_0607.jpg (31KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0607.jpg
31KB, 443x332px
This is my first time posting on /fit/

So a few months ago when i libed alone i became a fasting master, i used to have energy all day and night with only 1 meal every 24 hours, i felt great doing cardio in the morning and fitung in my new clothes at some point i even started going out with a cute girl every weekend

Problem is that at school i always had to deal with a class full of shit tier drug addict normies

The moment i going out with the girl i mentioned i lost my motivation, normies at school always looked for ways screw me over, then i found a way better school but i had to go back home

This gave me depression and my family didn't help, i gained weight back, i can't fit o my clothes again and the worst of all is i can't control my hunger now

Things are more calm now, but i only got one month before i enter my new school

I need your best advice on how to control hunger i know if i can do it for at leadt a week ill go back to my old fasting wats and on the right track to get my shit back
>>
File: 5.png (453KB, 649x430px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
453KB, 649x430px
I've been skinny fat for 10 or so years. Started going to the gym every 2 days, then 1 rest day, for about one year now. I still can't jog for more than a quarter mile without my shins hurting.

When will this shit go away? My breathing gets heavy but I'm not out of breath. I don't get a side stitch. The only thing stopping me is my shins. The fuck?

I squat just fine, no pain. No problems and good gains elsewhere. It's gotten a little better over time, but it's still embarrassingly bad. I don't know if it's shin splits or what but it's driving me crazy.
>>
>>41652658
I'd say barbell rows. They hit more muscles than chin ups/pull ups, allow for more variation (grip width affects the extent to which each muscle is used), and is just fucking gr8 for building a solid back. I row 3-4x a week and my lats/traps/rear delts are by far my greatest points
>>
How big are your balls /fit/? If they're less than two inches long good luck with your low test and women not being able to feel them slapping against their clits.
>>
Looking for "low impact cardio" to do at home on off days of couch to 5k. Any suggestions?
>>
>>41646969
It's also really bad for your teeth because stomach acids are not good on your enamel
>>
>>41647681

i dunno
>>
>>41647549
With Deadlifts bad form isn't gonna just fuck you up for life out of the blue, you'll only hurt your back if you repeatedly ignore form and pains and shit then you'll hurt but if you pay attention to your back and go "oh hey my back is starting to hurt in a not good way I'll just lift through it" is when you'll have issues.

A little bit of soreness in your lower back is normal, sharp pains or pains that get worse when you do the lifts are not.

Alan Thrall on youtube has a few videos that go over proper form.

Just know that form isn't gonna be perfect every rep and that's perfectly fine, the human body can handle a little stress with no issue.
>>
Need some eating advice /fit/

Gf has fucked off to California for 5-6 months and I'm trying to attain gains to surprise her when she comes back.

The only problem I have with my current regimen is that its such a chore meeting my daily calorie intake due to my smol appetite - and thought of another tupperware box filled with chicken and frozen veg makes me groan.

TLDR: need some tips to make meals more interesting but remain convenient
>>
>>41656053
Sip a gallon of whole milk throughout the day and make sure to get enough fiber (((oats)))
But stop when you reached your gpal weight
>>
>>41655339

I used to get the same thing - only it went away after a month or so. I spoke to a pharmacist about it, who recommended anti-inflammatory creams and ice packs if the problem persisted.
>>
How important is it that I cut down bf% before starting weight training?
I'm at about 24% as it is.
>>
>>41656113
You are far from being to fat for lifting
>>
File: 1485621771739.jpg (335KB, 650x676px) Image search: [Google]
1485621771739.jpg
335KB, 650x676px
>>41656053
learn2cook faggot

spices will make a world of difference while adding almost literally no difference in calories or macros. Experiment, try new recipes, fail a few times, find a few favorites.

also learn2snack, nuts are a god-tier snack that is basically cheating and cheap.

>>41656113
It's not like you won't build muscle, but the more fat you have the harder it is to see the muscle. Also fat looks like shit and is generally unhealthy to have more than 20-ish%. There's no reason you can't lift at that weight.

>>41655143
Consistency. You're the only one who can control your hunger and what you consume. No one else is forcing you to eat and no one else can make you make a bad decision. If you have an addictive personality, remove the option from yourself (IE only buy food you MUST have). If cravings are bad try black coffee or caffeine pills to suppress your appetite.

>>41655122
How often are you lifting? Do you run? What does your dayjob consist of?

>>41655084
accessories aren't recommended to start with, you're supposed to add them on after a month or two of progress.
>>
I have bad knees so i can't run. I lift but want to do cardio. Is walking for an hour+ on off days good enough cardio to lose weight?
>>
>>41656175
walking for an hour will help, but it's pretty tedious. Have you considered a bicycle or swimming?
>>
>>41656122
>>41656162
My feeling is I'd be impatient to start now (in terms of building mass). One of the links in the sticky was talking about how fasting down to a low % and starting from there is optimal, and I'm presuming I wouldn't be able to build a great deal of mass before I'd have to cut anyway.
>>
What are army pts made from? I'm trying to find shirts that are basically the same, just not with the big ARMY on it.

Basically shirts I can soak with sweat that will just dry up, is that just cool dri stuff or whatever the name brand is?
>>
>>41656252
you can still build strength on a cut dumbo. There's zero-reason not to lift.
>>
>>41656162
>accessories aren't recommended to start with, you're supposed to add them on after a month or two of progress.
I read a lot more on this and have decided to pare down the accessories to only dips and chin-ups, seperate days
>>
>>41656252
There's no reason not to lift.

Chances are you'll fuck up your cut/fast at some point and stall out

All the while you could be making guns from going to the gym 3x a week. Don't make the same mistake I did. Start sooner
>>
>>41656286
>>41656333
B-but the sticky says you can't lose weight and build muscle at the same time
>>
>>41656356
Does it? Cause that's fucking retarded. Ofc you can.
>>
>>41656356
strength =/= muscle

and honestly the muscle thing only applies to people with regular BF% (IE 15%-ish))
>>
>>41644367
What's the name of that site where you enter your lifts and it tells your how relatively trained each muscle group is, and prints a heat map of your body?
>>
>>41656053
I don't have any advice, I just wanted to say I'm surprised no one has called you a cuck yet.
>>
>>41656356
You want to lift right? Go lift

By insisting on this "reason" you are putting distance between you and your real goal. Why? The obstacle is right in front of you. Go to the gym
>>
How do I get rid of a bloated stomach?
>>
>>41647310
knee pain from running can also be caused by muscle imbalance
>>
Any good program that emphasises squats without compromising bench press and deadlifts?
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.