[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are machines really that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: MUSCULAR.jpg (65KB, 584x809px) Image search: [Google]
MUSCULAR.jpg
65KB, 584x809px
I have been going to the gym for awhile, but i have primarily used machines as apposed to barbels and the standard weights.

I was able to lift max weight on most of them as well as lift extremely large objects with ease outside of the gym. I was the go to guy whenever someone needed a couch or tree branch moved.

I actually got comments from both men and women in the gym in regards to my strength. Even the gym owner said, "Holy crap dude, when I was doing my exercise regiment"

I just had a hard time showing gains, I developed a muscular arm and leg structures, flat upper chest, but I had a bit of a gut whenever I ate a large meal meal.

The machines I primarily used on each visit were as follows

>seated lat machine-5 sets of 20 in total 250 lbs
>seated press machine 5 sets of 10 210 lbs
>Seated Chest Fly Machine 5 sets of 20 240 lbs
>Seated Chest Press 5 sets of 20 240 lbs

I am not sure dudes, many of the suggested of building "strength" workouts seem flimsy, 2 sets of five and use the equipment that fucks up one's hands.

What are your sentiments on this?
I am feeling really out of sorts, and don't think I am doing this right.
>>
You're weak. You're using the machines poorly, with shit form. Even at max weight, those machines are garbage compared to free weights.
>>
>>41643984
alright, what do you suggest?
>>
>>41643984
Truth be told, I don't have trouble lifting the free weights, it's more so balance. I really don't have anyone to spot me.
>>
Post pics homo
>>
>helping the machines win
What would Sarah Connor say?
>>
>>41644025
If you have trouble with balance then you have trouble with lifting free weights since it involves more muscles that keep you balanced which you didn't train because you used machines
>>
>machines are shit

No they're not.

So long as your main lifts are compound movements like squats,deadlifts,pull-ups,ohp etc adding on machines to your routine for additional training volume is extremely helpful for adding size.

Really tired of the dogmatic approach /fit/ had to lifting routines. You guys are either super minimalist or super maximist, from one extreme to the other.
>>
>are machines really that bad?

No, they just aren't as effective. If you're okay making worse gains that won't translate to actual movements nearly as well then have at it.
>>
>>41644101
There is literally nothing you can do on a machine that isn't superseded by a superior free wight dumbbell or barbell exercise. Get fucked faggot.
>>
Machines CAN be useful in certain circumstances (e.g. doing a chest supported row if your lower back is fried) however outside of movements that literally just require a machine to perform they should not be your go to.

Before you use a machine think "Can I do this with freeweights?" and unless you have a specific reason like the one I listed above you should be doing freeweights instead.
>>
Machines are great. Add barbell compound lifts, and various isolations; this is the key to aesthetics
>>
>>41644163
>doesnt understand physics
Rape yourself.
>>
Remember that lean spic who kept posting new CBT threads even though we had multiple of them up? You'll look like that. He has decent muscle definition but looks like a twig because he doesn't do compounds.
>>
>>41643984
Machines that try to emulate a barbell movement i.e. chest press machine - bench press, suck
>>
>>41643971
>Are machines really that bad

No, but free weight exercises and compound exercises in general are better. So why waste your time on inferior exercises?

>5 sets of 20
>5 sets of 10
>strength workout
If you are doing this while training for strength, then you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>41643971
You won't train your support muscles if you only do machines with controlled movements. Which makes it rather hard to actually use your muscles outside of the gym in a functional way. So only doing machines is a bad idea. Only use them to target specific muscles.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.