[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fucked up back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1492256153798.png (573KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1492256153798.png
573KB, 1106x1012px
So im a fatty who finally decided to start working out like a month ago.
> Anyways, finals week was last week, and I didnt really exercise at all, and instead sat in the library from morning until evening studying like crazy.
So a day or two after I finished, I realized my lower back was hurting like crazy when I sat down in a chair, and then the pain went away a little later as I got up and walked around, only to flare up again when I sat down. This has been going on for 5 days now, until today. Today I got up and did what I had to do around the house, I even washed and detailed my car which required all kinds of different turns and positions that couldve hurt my lower back, but nothing happened. Then, as I was walking down the stairs about an hour ago, I felt my lower back tighten up instantly. It hurt so badly and I immediately got down in the floor to do some stretches and sit ups.
Now, im laying in my bed because I can barely bend over or sit down without my whole lower back exploding in pain.
Plz help me, what can I do to make it go away?
Any suggested stretches or exercises?
I'll probably go to the gym 2 hours from now to see if weight lifting will offer any relief.
>>
>>41643225
Go see an orthopedic surgeon. Now. I got injured in my lower back a few years ago and am just now getting back into lifting because I was retarded and would rather shop around for answers on forums and Mongolian basket-weaving boards instead of actually seeing a doctor. GO SEE A DOCTOR. Don't mess with your spine and expect to get away with it.
>>
>>41643225
>DOMS

You didn't fuck anything up lmao.

It can last up to a week

When I first started deadlifts my lower back was tight for about a week. Just keep eating well, get enough water and protein and gently stretch the muscles every now and then. Hot water and massaging also helps, if you're gay.
>>
>>41643323
Ya but I havent been deadlifting.
I have mostly been swimming and occasionally doing upper body.
I do believe its my lower back muscles and not my spine, because I can feel them spazzing out when I bend over.
>>
>pain is on your spine
drop whatever you're doing and go to the hospital right now
>pain is on the sides of your lower back
completely normal, google "DOMS"
do your next workouts as scheduled, force yourself to work through them. pain will be much lower in a week or so and completely gone in a month at most.
>>
>>41643267
Thanks for giving literally no information on whether you had just started lifting or tried to ego-lift beyond your capabilities and fucked up your back that way.

OP is
>fatty
>just started

Of course the muscles are going to be sore when you first start. Heavy weights and muscles which you have never used before, duh.
>>
>>41643382
>he thinks DOMS means being unable to bend over
You will snap your shit deservedly
>>
>>41643381
If it is DOMS, and I think it is, what low weight exercises can I do to strengthen my lower back without stressing it out even further? Should I do rows?
>>
>>41643362
If the
>pain
>soreness
>tightness

is here, you're fine.
>>
>>41643454
Linear progression on heavy compounds.
Read SS, there's pdfs all over the internet.
>>
>>41643465
Yep, thats exactly where it is
>>41643663
Thanks bud ill check it out
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.