[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ness Milestone Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: cool pepe.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cool pepe.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
What's a milestone that you've recently passed that you're especially proud of?
>be me
>recently started to see gains in my arms/shoulders, face and posture, and overall confidence.
>been working out at least 5 days a week for 3 months now
>eating healthy and exercising is just a normal part of my life now
>gotten to the point where I just don't feel right until I get a good workout in.

After months of doing dumbbell exercises without a bench, I'm ordering one on amazon this week-

We're all gonna make it!
>>
My most recent was a 6plate deadlift.
>>
File: 1494911594716.jpg (30KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1494911594716.jpg
30KB, 316x202px
If you're not over 400 squat you should kys

>tfw 330
>>
>benched 1pl8
>10 pull-ups in one set
>>
>>41640514
Good job m8
>>
>>41640486
Shit man, props. Hope to be there soon.
>>
Finally benched 1plate for reps today. Took a long, pathetic time of fucking around but fuck am I happy.
>>
just hit 230 lbs bench and did the 55 lbs dumbells ohp for 10 reps on push day

did 15 pullups on pull day
>>
>>41640459
I am not sure if one can be proud of this milestone, but its fucking weird as heck

>long since you were even thinking of eating unhealthy
>running twice a week, recovered from injury, bordering on pro performance
>still weight lifting
>been eating clean for several years now
>perfect macro's
>perfect habits
>literally perfect everything, not a single cheat or sin even

you know what this gave me? Too much energy.

>be working 40 hour workweek liftan boxan
>get home
>still not tired
>tried to run 30 minutes at midnight in euroland today so I may get a chance at sleeping normally for once

maybe its something else, but that little kick that you get when you are tired, that puts your thoughts to rest and your mind to sleep? I lost it.

send halp pls

I tried getting blackout drunk but even that didnt help
>>
Going for 250x3 on bench should get there by August.

Trying to strict yates 275 too but that's on the back burner while I focus on my poverty deadlift
>>
File: Carl Computer.jpg (19KB, 230x193px) Image search: [Google]
Carl Computer.jpg
19KB, 230x193px
>>41641122
Hey man, OP here.

I feel ya on the whole trouble falling asleep thing. It's fucking brutal.

I used to head to bed exhausted each night full of junk food, mentally and physically drained from hauling my tubby ass around all day and just dealing with life.

Over the last year of me changing my diet and activity levels, I get a second wind around 11pm every night and usually can't fall asleep until around 2am.

Melatonin and zinc with a hot cup of decaf green tea seems to help a little bit, but sometimes my "second wind" is so strong that I just roll with it and do something productive.

I say if nothing works and your lack of sleep doesn't fuck up your performance at work or school, just roll with it.

To the victor goes the spoils, and I guess that means being fit and healthy means having more energy to do things when other less healthy people are exhausted and passing out.

If you have some things around the house that need cleaning/organizing, go for it. Or spend time reading articles on the internet and learning about shit that interests you. If you have a hobby like music or videogames, treat yourself and use your second wind to indulge your creative side. If there's a movie or TV show you've been meaning to catch, you could always do that. Or you could always just rub one out.
>>
>>41640459
ran four kilometers with ease. Going to try 10 next time.
>>
>>41641322
this is exactly how I am feeling and what I went through, jesus you know this well.

What we have is basically "you only have to sleep like twice every 3 days or so fagget" mode, jesus how is this even a thing?
>>
>>41641387
>>41641322
also to add to my own post:

I tried specific pills, with many ingredients like a normal dose of valerian. Then 2 mg melatonin, then some ZMA, I also bought a tea with even more herbs in it for sleeping

Next up I got some orange tinted sunglasses in case the lights were messing something up.

As a final nail to the coffin I thought that this killer combo could not bested if I added alcohol to the mix...BUT IT FUCKING BESTED IT EASILY

MONKEY BRAIN WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE ABOUT THIS STUPID SHIT, NO I DONT WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER MILITARY MARCH. NO THAT GIRL DIDNT LOOK CUTE TO YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO TO SLEEP YOU RAGING FUCKING FAGGOT
>>
>>41641444
link related, jesus fuck why cant I silence my fucking faggot brain just shut the fuck up for like 10 seconds holy fuck I hate you fucking piece of shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLjelIPg3ys
>>
>>41641444
I take 10mg melatonin with my Zinc.

Have you tried taking 10mg of Melatonin and 30mg of zinc with tea/wine/beer before bed?

Sometimes a good skunky beer or a glass of red wine does the trick better than my decaf tea.
>>
>>41641466
I loosely heard somewhere that long term use of melatonin is not that healthy as it impedes your own production. But no, 10 mg I did not use but its pretty much the max allowed dose to have. The red wine, intraresting, I could try that.

But I am basically at a point at going to my medical practitioner to ask what the fuck. It just happened, suddenly a month ago. It is supposed to be a good thing but it messes up my sleeping schedule badly.

And before that I did have some loose days where I literally did not sleep for a day and had few side effects. Still very tired at the end of the day, but only as if you worked really hard at that day, as a normal person, not like if a normal person worked 2 hard days, just one.
>>
>>41641509
Yeah man, I think you're making the right choice going to your doctor. The sudden onset of your sleep issues could mean there's something seriously wrong going on with your brain chemistry. Good luck, Anon. I hope you get better.
>>
A few small recent ones...

>Lost virginity earlier this year to a hot girl
>Dad noticed my gains when I got home for the summer
>consistently meeting my caloric goals for several weeks now
>no longer too self conscious about my skinny arms and am now ok with wearing tank tops gym

It's nice to feel like a normal person like I've always wanted
>>
>>41640514
>>41640939
Start doing them weighted
For my milestone
Recently got to lmao1pl8 pull ups 3x5 after struggling to hit 1with proper form starting at dead hang for weeks.
Also finally got my bench form down so that I can feel the weight on my chest and not my shoulders

Feels good man
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.