[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wim Hof / Breathing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: wim-hof-iceman.jpg (81KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
wim-hof-iceman.jpg
81KB, 500x375px
Hey everyone. First off, Wim Hof and his method are the shit

Secondly, I would like to share something amazing that just recently happened to me.

I've been doing Wim Hof's breathing technique for a few weeks, to wake up and to have really cold showers. His breathing method is basically deep hyperventilation through the mouth and mouth only for 30-40 breath then breath hold for as long as you're comfortable with (usually 3min for me at this point) and, at the moment you start holding your breath, you should feel tingling in your hands and minor dizziness.

What is happening in your body at this point, from what I know, is mainly getting rid of CO2 and stacking up on O2 in the body, resulting in your body being «overcharged» with oxygen but less able to use it due to lack of CO2 (what causes hypoxia during actual uncontrolled hyperventilation). But since you're then holding the breath, you're storing back up on CO2 slowly as your body naturally produces CO2 over time. Plus there is some kind of acidity reaction, apparently your body becomes more alkaline.

Usually, now that I know how this shit affects me, I don't count the breaths anymore but just wait for the appropriate tingling and dizziness before hold the breath.

So, back to what happened to me about an hour ago.

I just went to buy groceries at a store quite far away from my house. Like 8km back and forth, with a 140m elevation. I always do this trip by foot as some kind of extra cardio cause fuck cars for such small distances.

Cont...
>>
>>41638902

Usually, this trip is still quite tiring, especially on the way back since it's always going up for the 140m elevation and I got between 5 to 10kg of groceries in my hands for the 4km there.

But I decided during my way back that I wanted to try something out. So I started doing «Wim Hof» breaths, and decided not to stop until I feel the usual tingling and/or dizziness. And I thought “Well, since I'll be removing CO2 and becoming more alkaline through this breathing but the fast walking with incline will increase CO2 production and produce lactic acid, how about I just go a bit faster and try to adapt the over-breathing by guessing, seeing how I feel during the trip”.

And so I did. And so I climbed this shit up power-walking like crazy, not feeling anything near as tired as I used to, running a bit just to see if I could still get my muscles tired and feel like I'm losing energy (and I did, so I stopped running). 4Km 140m incline about 20 minutes, sweating like crazy but not feeling tired of achy at any time.

Guess what ? I'm not quite good at cardio usually, been running for only about 2 months (but working out for about a year now) and when I came back to my place, I was sweaty as fuck but not out of breath at all. I just stopped over-breathing and went back to normal, slow and mildly deep nose breaths. My heart calmed down as you would expect, fast but not instantly.

So basically, my question is this : Did I just (almost) discover superhuman breathing or is this shit actually known by everyone here and/or all athletes (especially endurance) ?
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 211x239px
>>41638902
well, that just sounded like the biggest load of bullshit ever
>>
>>41638902
>>41638910

shut the fuck up you retard
>>
>>41638935
But it's actually not. If you don't believe me just try the Wim Hof breathing, takes your less than 5 min, can be done sitting in front of your computer. Then you'll be able to try with cardio-like exercice if you're interested.
>>
OP. Its not weird. It makes sense. Wim uses it to climb mountains and run marathons at the arctic circle. Usually you should not follow this method of breathing unless you are sitting lying down. Bad shit has happened to people standing up, you can lose consciousness and collapse. Next time do breathing exercise before you go to the shop, but otherwise well done.
>>
File: gggf.jpg (21KB, 604x332px) Image search: [Google]
gggf.jpg
21KB, 604x332px
>>41639627
Well I think the risk of doing it standing up is doing it without exercice and without listening to your body well enough.

Although if i'm gonna try to do the full breath (hence with breath hold) without exercice and push my limits, I'll most definitely do it lying down in case of passing out ^^

Pic vaguely related but I guess it bumps shit up. Haven't been hanging in 4chan for a few years.
>>
File: donkey1050x700.jpg (414KB, 1050x700px) Image search: [Google]
donkey1050x700.jpg
414KB, 1050x700px
>>41639686
Ass pic to bump just in case.
>>
> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22685240
TL;DR; This study demonstrated wim hof method increased the immune system.
>>
Wim Hof is a blessed God in human flesh. Definitely an avatar/incarnation of Wotan.

There's a torrent of a PDF and all videos for his 8 week program. Really brilliant stuff, and it's all backed up with studies for sceptics.
>>
interdasting.jpeg
>>
will this help me get a gf
>>
>>41638910
My swimming coach taught me that when i was a kid
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.