[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does creatine actually cause hairloss or is this a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: creatine.jpg (12KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
creatine.jpg
12KB, 194x260px
Does creatine actually cause hairloss or is this a meme?
>>
bumping for interest
>>
exacerbates hair loss in those with the gene for it

if you aren't losing hair already, creatine won't make you lose hair

5 seconds on google next time
>>
It's gonna accelerate hairloss if you have balding genes.

Dyel faggots here will deny it, but personally I have noticed I shed way more hair whenever I use creatine. Like it's EASILY noticable, when I get off I don't nearly shed anymore

PS: obviously I don't take creatine anymore. And whatever you do, don't take a PWO and also creatine seperately; nearly all pre-workouts already have creatine
PS: t. 34 y-o and several bros noticed the same side-effect
>>
>>41630426
ive been googling for the last hour, this just sounds like bullshit
>>
>>41630428
the only thing ive taken that made me feel thinner hair wise was an EC stack yet there is no studies showing that causes baldness. never had the problem with creatine yet apparently it defs accelerates baldness?
>>
>>41630435
literally 3 seconds on google to find what i just said to you
>>
>>41630475
ya but its a non answer, how do u know if ur losing hair already?
>>
>>41630428
name the mechanism via which creatine causes hair loss

protip: You can't and you're a fucking faggot
>>
>>41630511
you'll know if you do
>>
don't buy body fortress, it's shit
>>
>>41631274
Do you not know how Google works faggot?

"The reasoning for the above is through the androgen and testosterone metabolite, dihydrotestosterone. Through the enzyme 5-alpha reductase, testosterone converts into the more potent androgen, DHT[2][3] and this enzyme's results are noted in the scalp as well.[4][5] Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) seems to be a main player in male pattern baldness,[6] and higher circulating DHT levels are correlated with a higher rate of hair loss in those susceptible to the effects of DHT."

Studies show a higher level of DHT in the body following creatine administration. Those that have the genes for male pattern baldness have a susceptibility to DHT forming a barrier in the hair follicles and resulting in hair loss.

While there are no real studies done on the direct link between creatine and hair loss, our current understanding of the body's interactions with DHT deductively tell us that is it more than likely.
>>
>>41630384
the creatine causing hairloss results are not out yet, some studies show correlation some are inconclusive.
>>
>>41631349
DHT levels also go up when you lift. By your logic lifting causes baldness as well
>>
>>41632093
Was that supposed to be a counter point? This isn't just "my" logic, but yes it's called deductive reasoning. Greater DHT levels = Male pattern baldness in men susceptible to it. This is our understanding of hair loss and baldness. This is not new or untested knowledge. Products like Rogaine (Minoxidil) or Propecia are designed specifically to prevent elevated DHT levels from effecting fair follicles. There is no debate on exactly how male pattern baldness happens. There have been no studies on the direct effect of creatine holding a causal relationship to male pattern baldness. However, the hypotheses is that creatine shares an extremely strong correlation to male pattern baldness since it literally contributes to the circumstances under which people will develop male pattern baldness.
>>
>>41632245
>There is no debate as to what causes MPB
But there is. The only understood part of it is that it's caused by a shortening of the growing cycle of hair follicles. Samples of scalps show higher concentrations of DHT in scalps of people with MPB and that's it. Deductive reasoning doesn't apply when you gave shit loads of interactions between hormones. Correlation!=causation
>>
>>41632245
Actually I managed to find an article that actually went into some detail about the studies between DHT and hair loss as well as the possible shortcomings of the link.
tophairlosstreatmentsDOTcomSLASHdht-hair-loss/
>>
The real question that needs to be answered. Should I take creatine before or after a workout?
>>
>>41632654
you should never take creatine. eat good food you duck
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.