[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weightlifting shoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: ba9169-h.jpg (222KB, 2000x1260px) Image search: [Google]
ba9169-h.jpg
222KB, 2000x1260px
Are weightlifting shoes a meme?

Also, will lifting using slip-resistant shoes (safety shoes?) improve my lifts? Sometimes when I'm using cables I slip out of the correct position.
>>
>>41623717
>Are weightlifting shoes a meme?
yes that's why oly lifters and people who are serious about lifting use them
>>
>>41623717
they are for squats and deadlifts only... thye keep your foot in a more natural postion do help hit depth. you shouldnt use them in the rest of the gym unless you want to look like a faget. just buy some vans or chucks with flat soles.
>>
>>41623717

they're not a meme. The higher heel extends your mobility, allowing your knees to go forwards while still keeping your heel on a solid surface
>>
>>41623770
>oly shoes for deadlifts

why do non-lifters feel the need to spew their bullshit on /fit/?

to answer your question: they help with squatting position depending on ankle mobility, and give more ground contact in leg drive motions (e.g. push press/jerk whatever), i.e. useful in oly
>>
Remember buy nice or buy twice
>>
>>41623839
Agree, since oly shoes will increase the average /fit/izen height by >10% they will make deadlifts much harder to do because of extended ROM
>>
>>41623839
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdTc2Gv52uI

it really doesn't make that much of a difference as you think
>>
>>41623894
my point is that conventional DLs are done in flat shoes, e.g. chucks

Of course, there's clarence too lazy to switch shoes for diddlies but they don't bring further advantage in the pull

deadlift is also different from a clean pull
>>
>>41623916
heh, just as you posted it I was thinking of him too for someone deadlifting in olyshoes

If someone wants to edge out his DL I'd recommend flat shoes or barefoot
>>
>>41623945
yeah flat or barefoot is better but if you aren't pulling your 1rm or slightly over it doesn't make that much of a difference
>>
>>41623717
Idk, I don't wear shoes when I lift
>>
>>41624021
I don't even wear clothes, home gym masterrace
>>
>>41623717
these are for sale.

which would you recommend /fit/?

human rebel indoor
adidas stabil 10.0
mizuno wave lightning
asics gel sensei 6
>>
>>41623717
Should I wear weightlifting shoes to add myself an inch of height? No one will suspect anything.
>>
>>41624074
powerlift 2/3 <<<<< power perfect 2 < adipower/romaleos 2/romaleos 3/leistung

desu just buy power perfect 2s. they are really solid and pretty cheap. people even use/used them at olympic games so don't worry about how much weight they can handle
>>
>>41624029
Squatting completely nude in front of a mirror is a good feel
>>
>>41623717
>Are weightlifting shoes a meme?
yes
>>
>>41624120
not available in the netherlands
>>
Has anyone else experienced problems with stability when doing cable flyes?
Either I use low weight and get nothing out of the exercise, or I put on heavy weight and my feet slide away from their position.

Wondering if getting really slide-resistant shoes will improve my lifts...
>>
>>41624263
amazon them from neighboring country
>>
>>41623717
Please wear non-slip restaurant shoes to the gym to avoid slips anon kek
>>
>>41624263
ielja strik sports heeft ze
>>
>>41623840
*Sips*
>>
>>41623717
If I weren't a jobless college student, I'd first get ultra boosts. I've been lifting in raggy Chucks for years and no problem here.
>>
>>41626581
>squatting/dead lifting in ultra boost

Are you crazy?
>>
Adidas Powerlift 3 Y/N?

Adipower is a tad expensive for me
>>
>>41623717
pick up some cheap ones, you can grab the adidas powerlift 3.0s for like 50$ on amazon.
If you like the feeling of having a heel/solid bottom then you can invest in higher quality ones eventually
>>
>>41628075
For what purpose?

.6 inch heel gives better leg drive on pressing movement, but are inferior for deadlift and wide stance movements. It also helps those with ankle mobility supposedly.

I have the adipower, chucks and a few other shoes, they make no difference to me. The powerlifts are a step up from chucks but shoes have zero impacts on my lifts personally whereas for others it seems to be night and day.
>>
>>41628075
I bought these to help my squat depth. Seems to have helped, I like them.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.