[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hack squats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Are these a good replacement for back squats?

Plus RDL for hams
>>
>>41622755
Why replace squats? Can't you just do front squats if you don't like back squats?
>>
>>41622774
No rack, no money....
Front squat: why would it be better than hacks? Besides that cleaning the weights every time would be limiting
>>
your better off doing weighted one legged squats
>>
>>41622755
It would be difficult to load this exercise to a worthwhile degree. A hex bar would be a better option if your gym has one
>>
>did this once
>KO'd self in garage
>parents didnt find me till night
>>
>>41624948
wtf
how?
>>
>>41625056
>plate slipped
>noggin to floor
>darkness
>>
>>41623221
someone post the webm of boardy hack squatting 5pl8
>>
>>41625313
kek
>>
>>41622755
>>41622807
You kinda need ape arms to do the hack lift well with good form, but if your body fits, it's a good lift. Don't listen to people who say you can't load this, you can load the fuck out of it, IF you've got the arm length to make it work.
Cleans are good for your legs, back and front, and while they may limit the weight you can use on the front squat, you can always do moar reps with that lighter weight.
Also you can clean the weight and then jerk it up, lower it to squat position, and do other leg exercises like split squats or lunges, or do the old style bodybuilder "deep knee bends" style squat. There is no need to be limited by the lack of a rack.
Do regular stiff-leg deadlifts instead of RDL. RDL is kinda awkward and a weightlifting-specific thing, stiff-legs are better. See the catalyst athletics video library for the difference between them.
You didn't mention whether you had a bench. Look at floor press, bridge the bar into position. Also cleans with overhead press are goat.
>>
>>41625313
did you died?
>>
>>41625983
Damn quality post.

I think I do have ape like proportions, 194cm tall 204cm wingspan, hands past mid thighs when standing. I'm definitely trying hack squats. Front squats as well.

I do cleans for getting into ohp position. It's been working nice.

Never noticed the difference between rdl and sldl, I'll look into it.

There's a bench at my local gym, so I got that covered.

Thank you for the input.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.