[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skinny / Tall Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: this is basically me.jpg (159KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
this is basically me.jpg
159KB, 768x1024px
ITT we discuss how to get /fit/ when you're skinny / tall / have a high metabolism

I'm 19, 6'3" / 190.5cm tall , weighing 163 pounds / 74 kg.
Upper body is skinny as fuck
Arms/wrists like sticks, no pecs (at all) and I don't even have abs
(women with A-cups would laugh at how flat-chested I am)

Because of my metabolism, I do not easily gain fat / muscle mass

My questions for you /fit/

>how do I gain the most muscle mass with a high metabolism?

>what are the most cost-effective foods for this?

>any other tips / tricks or do's / don'ts you've learnt doing this?

I already know the basic things, like:
>avoid cardio
>eat 4 or 5 meals a day
>sleep more

If you don't have any answers, thats fine.

I'm also interested to hear general discussion about working out when skinny / tall
>>
>>41621041
Bump for fellow lanklet
>>
>>41621072
Gday from Australia!
What are your stats?
>>
You don't eat properly. I was in the same position as you (skinny as fuck at the same height) until I started eating well.
How much kcal do you actually eat a day? Do you know?

High metabolism is a meme just like the fatsos with their Hypowhatever thing.
On the off chance get tested for bandworms. Thats probably the only thing I can think of that would reduce your gains.
>>
>>41621041
Eat more, faggot. You think you "have a high metabolism" but you just eat much less than you think you do.
>>
>>41621041
Before I started lifting I was 195cm and 74kg. Now, 2 years later I weigh 99kg. I used to believe in this high metabolism nonsense until I started eating and lifting. Calculate your TDEE and go from there. Count your calories because you probably eat less than you think.
>>
>>41621084
Yeah I go through periods of eating well / not eating properly.

I was measuring how much protein I was eating daily for a while, not kcal though
No seriously, I used to have a really shitty diet but I was never fat or even slightly chubby

I've been like this for years with none of the symptoms, so I doubt it's worms
>>
>>41621132
>not kcal though
Well there is your problem.
Just track what you eat on a few average days and compare it to your your TDEE.
It's not rocket science.
At 190 you can eat a lot trust me.
>>
>>41621104
>>41621120
I used to eat / drink coke, fries, pizza, burgers, etc regularly, yet I never gained weight

Obviously I do notice some fluctuations,
I generally stay between 69 and 76 kg, but I have never been more than that

>you just eat much less than you think you do.
>Count your calories because you probably eat less than you think.

at the moment I'm barely eating, but a couple years back I would be eating snacks every day
considering I almost never exercise, I think its fair for me to say I simply find it harder to gain weight

(not saying I'm a victim / or that I have a tough life, in case it comes off that way)
>>
>>41621041
>Because of my metabolism, I do not easily gain fat / muscle mass
I guarantee you are not eating enough and I don't mean that piece of chocolate you splurge on at lunch time or the toast you have for breakfast. It has nothing to do with your metabolism.
I eat seven meals a day no more than two hours apart and until you can say the same then you are just as worthless as the fat person who complains they have tried every diet and nothing has helped them lose weight.
Saying you can't put on weight is just a pathetic cop out.
>>
File: Diet Fit Bulking.jpg (384KB, 1348x956px) Image search: [Google]
Diet Fit Bulking.jpg
384KB, 1348x956px
>>41621041
>a high metabolism
Meme.

Read the fucking sticky. Calories in, calories out. Count your calories, calculate your TDEE, eat at a caloric surplus.

I'm a 5'7'' manlet and went from 50kg to 73kg. Most common tip for skellies is GOMAD, I personally believe it's excessive, makes you feel bloated and gives you awful shits. I drank one liter of whole milk everyday. As a lanklet you could drink two liters.

You should do homemade mass-gainers; don't buy overpriced commercial stuff. If you're in Europe, get 5kg bags of whey and instant oats from Myprotein, or if you have a blender, blend your own oats yourself. Add one or two table spoons of peanut butter, (a teaspoon of olive oil, if you can stomach it), a banana. + whole milk. You can easily make a 500-1000cals shake, for cheap, drink it even with no appetite; either make multiple smaller shakes throughout the day or a big one before bed, whatever suits you. Making these really helped me. Just count your calories. I would also recommend tortillas to make chicken wraps, add beans, veggies, rice, whatever to them. I find eating wraps or sandwiches more effective for bulking than eating with a fork.

Routine-wise again, read the sticky, SS is perfect for skellies. Focus on big compounds exercises: Squat, bench press, overhead press, deadlift; three times a week. Start with the empty
bar if needed. Do it for 6 months or so until you plateau, then keep lurking and do UL or PPL.
>>
>>41621176
Calories in, calories out.
>>
>>41621176
>I think its fair for me to say I simply find it harder to gain weight
>still won't let go of the delusion
>>41621211
listen to this anon. it's a start
>>
I too am 6'3, you don't have a "fast metabolism", you just don't eat enough.
If someone put 3500 calories in front of you for the day you would barely eat it.

Tips:
>eat off a big plate
>eat with a spoon to shovel more food faster
>eat FAST
>save your protein shake for after dinner as dessert, if you can eat a 1200 kcal dinner/post workout meal and then when you crave something sweet you wash it down with a 800 kcal shake, that's really good
>lift heavy shit, compound lifts will make you build mass like no other
>8 hours of sleep MINIMUM if you don't sleep enough you will NOT recover or gain weight
>>
>>41621041
GOMAD
>>
>>41621162
>At 190 you can eat a lot trust me.
That's the point, its going to cost a lot of money to increase my food intake 3x
So one of the things I want to know, is how to eat more without breaking the bank

>>41621183
The difference between me finding it difficult to gain weight, and a person finding it hard to lose weight
Is that it's financially beneficial (or neutral) to diet.
But I'll be spending 3 times more money a day on food to do this, so I want to do it right.

I'm not saying I CAN'T put on weight, I'm just pointing out that my metabolism is higher than most people I know
I have to point it out, so people can recommend me a particular strategy for my body type

>>41621211
>two liters a day
where I live two liters a day would cost $2 daily / $730 annually
ok the wraps idea sounds good

>>41621227
Yeah I get it, but I barely do any exercise at all
I easily spend 9 hours awake a day sitting / lying down
>>
>>41621280
>I'm just pointing out that my metabolism is higher than most people I know
It isn't you fucking retard. Everyone in this thread is trying to tell you that.

If you are too poor to grow bigger, then you probably shouldn't.
>I easily spend 9 hours awake a day sitting / lying down
Or you could use that time to get a fucking Job.
Or kill yourself.
>>
>>41621280
>Yeah I get it, but I barely do any exercise at all
I easily spend 9 hours awake a day sitting / lying down

What do you eat on an average day? Outline everything.
>>
>>41621280
Rice is cheap as fuck. Regular olive oil is affordable. Carrots and potatoes. Fatty ground beef. Fatty pork/bacon. Eat like a man, work like a man, sleep like a man, look like a man.

T. 290 pound ex farm kid. Sure, I'm a little fat, but I run circles around almost everyone.
>>
>>41621079
6'1" 75kg
Lifts:
40kg/60kg/80kg/100kg
Ohp/B/S/D
13" arms :(
>>
http://bonytobeastly.com/the-research-on-ectomorph-appetite-hardgainer-metabolisms-and-skinny-stomachs/
>>
>>41621337
>Well that’s because those experts are wrong
That is how far I was willing to read this article.
>>
i was 67.5kg at 6'2 which was the lowest ive ever been, now lean bulking reached 85kg in about 2 and a half months planning to stay here for 5 years and just lower bf% until natty max potential
>>
>>41621402
How much do you eat? How much food do you need for that?

I'm 6'0/182cm and weigh 68kg but I just have no idea what to eat.
>>
Just do steroids like I did. E Z M O D E

>not as easy as you think though
>>
>>41621041
>Because of my metabolism

EAT and lift. Stop being delusional.
>>
One thing I realised being a skelly is just how much food I can actually eat if I push.

I tested myself once and managed to eat my entire days worth of calories in one sitting. This included
>1 mass gainer shake with whole milk
>1/2 cup of oats
>2 chobanis
>two chicken breast rolls (1/2 a chicken breast, cheese and mayonaise)
>2 fish fillets
>2 bananas
>a handful of dried dates
>a whole chicken breast
>2 glasses of milk
>half a can of beans

Threw up in my mouth a few times and was in serious pain, but it's totally possible.
>>
>>41621041
I just maintain an ottermode body at 6'8" since it's easier for someone like me who is very tall and it makes me look cute and androgynous at such a tall height.
And girls really love androgynous-looking guys.
>>
>>41621526
maintaining currently 6'2 85kg i dont eat that much i just make sure i get my protein then intuitively eat when im hungry

so far maintained 85kg for 2 months and gotten both stronger and leaner so its gotta be working finally have top abs showing after being skelly mode for so long
>>
>>41621672
Would you mind telling me what you eat daily? I know how many calories I should be eating but I just have a hard time picturing how much food it really is.
>>
>>41621280
>where I live two liters a day would cost $2 daily / $730 annually
You don't do it for a year, do it for one or a couple months then ease off the milk; it'll help you build more appetite and put some mass on them bones quick.
>>
>>41621041
Read the sticky
>>
>>41621041
lentils, milk, peanut butter, oats. chicken, eggs.
don't forget fruit and veg. apples, carrots, spinach

Protein powder can be cost effective in bulk. Mass gainer is a scam

none of this is expensive. I don't spend more than $40 a week on food ever
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.