[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can /fit/ ever recover?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 16

File: 1495486456652.png (181KB, 1868x812px) Image search: [Google]
1495486456652.png
181KB, 1868x812px
How can /fit/ ever recover?
>>
>>41608264
If people keep lifting they will outgrow the ss meme and /fit will be manlet heaven because lanklets almost never keep going to the gym
>>
File: 534634578569679897.jpg (64KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
534634578569679897.jpg
64KB, 1000x750px
>>41608264
>This is what happens when your identity and life is so wrapped up on the internet.

That's the most realist shit Ive ever heard on the chan's and it hits way too close to home. You don't realize you're doing it until you take a step back and really think about what you do and why you do it,
>>
This perfectly describes me

How do I escape this?
>>
Red pill = Full body routine with bro-split style training methods.

""""""Red pill""""" = Full body routine strength training.

Blue pill = Bro-split
>>
>>41608264
Gym culture is the new fedora tier activity. Fucking makes me cringe seeing all the normos on Facebook posting things like "when u at the gym and be like no chill senpai" And then I realize this board is pretty much the same thing just with the 4chan flavor thrown in if you will.

When I started lifting I was all about leg day and functional strength and now I just lift for asthetics, for fun, and to stay in shape for my job. I don't even have a leg day anymore because I've realized squatting is completely pointless for anything outside of powerlifting. There are plenty of other ways to strengthen your legs besides resting 300-400 lbs on your spinal column.

And nothing against people who like powerlifting or whatever. A hobbys a hobby there's just no reason for me to do them anymore.
>>
>>41608370

t. someone the image describes
>>
Just fucking do legs push pull faggots
>>
>>41608395

Why can't I just do some squats on one of the push/pull days
>>
>>41608264
You use SS to go from couch potato to big stronk man in 6-9 months. You don't keep doing it for 4 years.
>>
>>41608400
if you're squatting heavy (your 5rm) then they are dangerous, if done right then they're great but not many people have a professional coach at their disposal
>>
>>41608264
idfk, i couldnt give less of a shit about 'lifting culture'. what is that even? do you people talk to people at the gym?

i just listen to my music and do my lifts...

anyway but, me and my best bro have both been on bro splits for years. we just got taught that was how you work out, and stuck with it.

got on a routine i got off /fit/ and have both seen amazing improvements strength wise and aesthetic wise in the past 6 months (and no.. not just in squats and deadlifts)

>do people seriously spend this much time worrying/thinking about what other people are doing? get a hobby yo....
>>
>>41608571

>do you people talk to people at the gym?

Everyone at my gym knows each other and talks to each other
>>
>>41608351

pls

help
>>
PPL masterrace reporting.

perfect combination of strength and aesthetics

remember to eat clean faggits or you will never make it
>>
File: 1493639317655.jpg (24KB, 445x372px) Image search: [Google]
1493639317655.jpg
24KB, 445x372px
>>41608264
Stop shilling your own shit posts. The reason people here advise noobs to just do SS or greyskull is because its easy on beginners so they can learn the lifts correctly. Also it helps them to get an idea of what exercises compliment eachother and how to structure workout days.

Another reason people hate on bro-split is because they don't have a day of working out to waste on just working out your arms etc. In conclusion gtfo
>>
Not everyone is lifting purely for aesthetics. Even on that note, I've done nothing but strength train since I started (I lift for sports) and at this point girls mire my body when I get it out. Hell my friends think of me as a 'muscly, fit guy' I found out recently in their words.

As long as you eat right and get progressive overload you'll end up ok on literally anything. If you are purely going for aesthetics a quick change to a bro-split once you get a strength base is fine, I'm pretty sure /fit/ accepts this.
>>
File: chris-hoy_3431542a-xlarge.jpg (36KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
chris-hoy_3431542a-xlarge.jpg
36KB, 858x536px
>>41608379
>squatting is completely pointless for anything outside of powerlifting
>>
Why not focus one big 4 and do accessory work for each one kek
>>
>>41609912
because you're missing one of rows or weighted chin-ups or weighted pull-ups, and you'd probably want to hit lateral delts, rear delts and abs directly
>>
>>41608264
I only lift for aethstetics and i dont give a shit about strenth, what program should i do?
>>
>>41608264
> this is a phase I've seen at least 3 generations of lifters go through at my gym

yeah, while during all that time your own "lifts" (such as cable flies and dumb bell bench) stayed exactly the same and you made zero difference in your "physique"
>>
>>41610298

>pseudo powerlifter detected
>>
File: Screenshot_20170328-152704.png (335KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170328-152704.png
335KB, 1080x1920px
>>41609972
i do rows and wekghted chinups both twice a week. and i hit my laterals.
>>
File: thumbs-up.jpg (105KB, 347x346px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs-up.jpg
105KB, 347x346px
>>41610307
>>
>>41610349
thanks papi. its hard but worth it at the end of the week.
>>
File: Santana.png (345KB, 552x620px) Image search: [Google]
Santana.png
345KB, 552x620px
>>41608264
>leddit spacing
>oh boy, /fit/ btfo
I think you need a better bait
>>
>>41608264

This is so true
>>
File: 1464199359747.jpg (19KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
1464199359747.jpg
19KB, 236x354px
>>41608317
>/fit will be manlet heaven
>will
>>
>>41608317
The thing is the majority of people who outgrow the ss meme also stop posting on /fit/

I've been posting here since late 2012 and thought by now nobody would be a beginner but there's a massive churn of posters when compared to other boards
>>
>>41608351
Do bro-splits you dumb faggot
>>
>>41610891
>by now nobody would be a beginner

The fuck bro?
>>
Lmao this is why I do PPL/Brosplit melded together. Literally the best routine ever.

'Push' = Chest/Tris
'Pull' = Back/Biceps
'Legs' = Legs/Shoulders
>>
File: Leg-Day-STACK-.jpg (155KB, 654x368px) Image search: [Google]
Leg-Day-STACK-.jpg
155KB, 654x368px
ppl in this thread be like

I'm not going to do bodybuidling routines until I s/b/d 2/3/4 plates
if that goal makes me a bluepilled in your eyes then then so be it
>>
>>41608264
How come the sticky has absolutely no resources on PPL, split, or high-rep routines?
>>
The main retarded thing about a brosplit is that you're doing like 800% of the amount of sets/reps you actually need to do to stimulate growth.

If all you did was a chest press motion and progressively overloaded on it constantly and MAYBE do a few sets of flys you've already simulated 100% of any growth you'll get. So why sit in the gym for another 30minutes pumping out set after set of some low weight meme chest exercise when it's doing is burning calories/causing your joints issues, and on top of that you won't stimulate the chest again for 7 fucking day, like what?

This is why I do full body.

1.Chest Press 3x5+
2.Squats 3x8+
3.Weighted Pull-ups 3x5+
4.Behind Neck Shoulder Press 3x8+
5.Meme chest exercise 3x8
6.Meme leg exercises 3x8
7.Meme back exercise 3x8
8.Meme shoulder exercise 3x8
9.Meme Tricep exercise 3x8
10.Meme bicep exercise 3x8
11.Meme Calf exercises 3x8

That's chest,legs,back,shoulders,traps,arms,calves all hit on 1 day for 6+ sets each, 3 sets with progressive overload as main factor, then 3 more meme sets for each muscle group for getting a sweet pump.

The next full body day would switch up some exercises.

1.OHP 3x5-10
2.Deadlifts 3x5-10 (yes literally, this is high volume deadlifts)
3.Chest Press (incline) 3x8
4.Rows 3x5+
5.Meme chest exercise 3x8
6.Meme leg exercises 3x8
7.Meme back exercise 3x8
8.Meme shoulder exercise 3x8
9.Meme Tricep exercise 3x8
10.Meme bicep exercise 3x8
11.Meme Calf exercises 3x8
>>
>>41611283
TLDR: Do a full body routine, make your first 4 lifts the main lifts you overload with, and do a bunch of meme isolation lifts for the extra pump for each of those body parts. Never train more than 2 days in a row, allow for proper recovery, the more days you train on full body the smarter you must be about how heavy you go and what specific lifts you do, and always train a lighter version of a lift than the previous session. Example: if you did heavy squats *5, your meme leg exercise for the day would be leg curls. The following full body session would have high rep deadlifts for your main leg compound with leg extensions as the meme lift, and then in the following full body session your main leg compound for the day would be Leg Press or Front Squats at a moderate weight with leg curls as your meme lift, then in the next full body session your main leg compound will be heavy deadlifts with leg extensions as the meme leg exercise.
>>
>>41608264
>how much you legg press though
you screencapped a guy making up a story, that never happend
>>
>>41608264
I've been lifting at the same gym since I was 17 (so 8 years now) and it's a very old school bodybuilding gym. Been around forever. Everyone does bro splits at my gym. From the noobies to the Slavs to everyone.

When people deadlift or squat they don't stop at 5 reps like some of you fat fucks. Everything is minimal 8 reps.

And guess what...most of the members look jacked af. Unlike powerlifting obese lords.
>>
>>41608351
progressive bodyweight routine
>>
>>41611394
High rep deadlifts are seriously one of the most neglected lifts. Barely anybody does them here, and then they wonder why their grip strength sucks cock.
>>
>>41611451
I didn't deadlift for the first couple of years. And then I saw some of the biggest guys at my gym doing high Rep deads. And ever since I've been doing them, I've made nasty gains.

Fuck that 5 Rep garbage shit if for fatties.
>>
>>41610984
this is a classic normie routine, probably the most popular among guys, nothing new. I like to separate my shoulder day from leg day though so I can get more volume and cardio at the end
>>
>>41611178
Because the sticky is for beginners
>>
I want to do split training maybe Upper/Lower but I barely have time to workout, it's hard squeezing in the 3 gym sessions I have now I can't imagine the nightmare of 4-5 workouts a week on my schedule
>>
I want to lift heavy, and brosplits will never make me do that. I do oly lifts like a mother fucker because I want to be Klokov one day.
>>
>>41608264
>admits that his friend who is doing a strength routine is stronger than him but says he should stop even if his only goal is getting stronger because he doesn't look as good
Whoever wrote this post isn't quite capable of critical thinking.
>>
>>41608379
Yeah but if you squat you really don't need any other leg movements

I literally Squat twice a week and Deadlift once a week all my other leg volume is from like jumping and prowlers
>>
>>41611313
It's not a TLDR if the TLDR is TL
>>
>>41608526
>you need a professional coach to learn how to squat properly
>>41609660
Exactly this. If you focus on strength training for a couple of years you will look amazing by normie standards

I just don't enjoy brosplits at all. If half my workout consists of chest/arm/shoulder isolations I just lose interest in working out.

Literally just do what you like, nobody irl gives a shit about what routine you follow.
>>
>>41610984
That's not a PPL, you fucking idiot.
That's the standard brosplit that every average dude at the gym does.
>>
>>41608264
the reason i don't like doing splits and aesthetic routines is because i feel like it's the same thing as putting on make-up. it makes you look better, but it just feels dishonest. your muscles' appearance doesn't match reality.

i'm a 6'3 lanklet lifting for a few years now and i still look pretty damn dyel, but i still typically lift 30-50% more than most actually muscular dudes at the gym. and then there are people who look smaller than me and lift 30% more than i do. i have way more respect and admiration for the dudes who have slim bodies but still bench like madmen. that's just my personal 2 cents though
>>
>>41612196
I look dyel compared to most people but I out lift most people at my gym except for the hardcore powerlifters who seem like they are there 24/7.
>>
>>41612196
I get you bro, think of Clarence Kennedy, he doesn't look that "aesthetic" but he is a fucking weapon in the gym and lifts a load
>>
I just want an optimal way to put on some muscle.
Why do you fags have to turn that into flame wars every fucking thread?
>>
>>41612237
Clarence looks like a fucking beast with Harry Potters head. He is aesthetic as fuck.
>>
>>41612196
What's your routine? legit curious.
>>
>>41612383
texas method

but you shouldn't take advice from me, i'm a pretty shitty lifter
>>
>>41612292
Normies and dyels wouldn't like him cause he isn't minus 100% bodyfat, but I fid him aesthetic too
>>
>>41612420
Clarence and Klokov are my lifting idols.
Giants who can move mountains.
>>
hey niggers what's a good resource for learning about non-SS routines?
>>
File: eric.png (445KB, 422x441px) Image search: [Google]
eric.png
445KB, 422x441px
yeah guys,training for strenght is a meme stop doing it
>>
>>41608351
get off the strength meme and do a hypertrophy program instead
>>
File: 1495439942819.jpg (97KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1495439942819.jpg
97KB, 720x960px
>new paragraph for every sentence
>advocating inefficient training routines
>"lol what's the point in lifting if you're not trying to make other people like you"
>"you must be skinnyfat if you think it's important to train legs or something i guess"

This is some basic "stop liking what I don't like" tier shit.
>>
>>41612509
Thing is there is 0 hypertrophy routines for beginners. People tell you to do a split but no what exercise how many reps and how much weight.

SS/SL etc cover all that.

>>41612531
Holy shit my sides
>>
>>41612448
search "non-SS routines" on google
>>
>>41612196
nobody cares, you look like shit

outside of the gym nobody even knows you lift
>>
>>41612441
Oly Weightlifters like Klokov, Lu Xiaojun, and Clarence have good physiques and can actually do impressive things with it. Saying that though, bodybuilders like Arnold and Ronnie had impressive lifts
>>
>>41612694
>Klokov

He is a bodybuilder as well
>>
I've noticed a lot of people on this board recently have been conflating full body training with minimalist training. This is a mistake, imo.

Minimalist training is bullshit that only works for beginners and old guys who don't care about progression and just want to maintain their health.

However, full body can work great for both strength and aesthetics if structured properly. Look at programs written by real powerlifting coaches (not Rippetoe). Most intermediate and advanced powerlifting programs actually include a fair bit of volume and accessory work.

SS is a shit program but that doesn't mean all full body programs suck.
>>
>>41612700
Is he? Does he consider himself one? He has a good physique but I don't recall him competing in any BB competitions
>>
>>41612694
klokov is known for doing a shit ton of pure vanity bodybuilder work

the chinese olympic team is known to do bodybuilding work as well (look up Lu doing lateral raises), pump and fluff BBer hypertrophy work is actually great for injury prevention, strength (more muscle cross section area = potential for stronger contraction)

oly coaches know this, PL coaches know this, only rippetards do not seem to process this
>>
>>41612700
He did one small time bodybuilding competition. That hardly makes him a bodybuilder. He built his physique through weightlifting.
>>
>>41612694
Lmao there are 100s of videos of klokov doing bro splits
>>
>>41612736
yeah except
>>41612743
>>41612728
are right

there are loads of elite WL who don't do that and look like shit
>>
>>41612565
>hypertrophy routines for beginners

that would be dumb

do 6 months of SS/SL then switch to PHAT or PPL, that will give you aesthetics and keep you strongth
>>
>>41612768
there's actually nothing dumb about hypertrophy for beginners

there is a reason real coaches for PL like Chad Wesley Smith of JTS and Boris Sheiko have beginner routines that are high in volume and include hypertrophy work

sure, SS will get you to a 315 squat sooner, but it also won't build the work capacity and muscle mass to transition as smoothly into intermediate training, most of those LP gains will come from neurological adaptation
>>
>>41608264
>r*ddit spacing
every fucking time :^)
>>
>>41612782
also there's a reason one of the most common results when you type Starting Strength into google is starting strength bench stalling, low volume tends to not work very well for pressing of any kind

if you are not a gifted presser and don't have an athletic background, 3x5 bench an average of 1.5x a week is not going to build the muscle mass necessary to become a decent presser
>>
>>41610984
lmao that's PPL dumbass. That's the standard brosplit routine but with less isolation arm work
>>
>>41612728
>>41612743
I don't care what his routine is, I'm just saying I find his physique appealing as well as Clarence even though >>41612237 said normies and dyels don't necessarily think they look aesthetic. I like the /thicc/ strong af but not a fat fuck look and it's my goal.
>>
>>41612843
nobody would look at Lu, Klokov, or Clarence and say they look unaesthetic

absolutely nobody

they look fantastic, most WLers do not, which is why you know who Klokov is even though there are much better actual WLers like Ilya who do not get any attention
>>
>>41612843
both those guys are on steroids but yeah thicc is goat

also guys what's up with this "hur dur you can't be strong and look good at the same time"
>>
>>41612869
I know plenty of people who think Clarence looks kinda goofy.
>>
>>41609670
Uh oh senpai, looks like you can't read what he said after
>There are plenty of other ways to strengthen your legs besides resting 300-400 lbs on your spinal column.
>>
>>41608264
>powerlifters don't care about bench
>powerlifters care about leg press more than bench
>powerlifters care about leg press period
>a brosplit worked for someone who's been lifting for 10yrs and therefore it's better or more efficient for beginners and intermediate lifters
>I train for aesthetics and therefore everyone else who doesn't train for aesthetics and prefers powerlifting has been brainwashed by the internet
lel what retard wrote this load of crap
>>
>>41612884
>implying there is anything wrong with steroids

Who cares, they maxed peak natty performance and wanted to go further.
>>
>>41608379
>There are plenty of other ways to strengthen your legs besides resting 300-400 lbs on your spinal column
Shame they aren't quite as efficient as squats and don't really work your core as much
>>
>>41608379
>I've realized squatting is completely pointless for anything outside of powerlifting
t. doesn't play sports
>>
>>41608526
>you need a coach to make sure you squat properly
>you need a coach to make sure you deadlift properly
>you need a coach to make sure you OHP properly
>you need a coach to make sure you bench properly
when will this meme end?
>>
>>41612916
for working your quads squats can be just as efficient, or even more efficient if you have long femurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGEKRjlZKf8
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/squat-versus-leg-press-for-big-legs.html/
>>
>>41612960
leg press* can be just as efficient
>>
>>41612743
>>41612728
>>41612755
>people comparing Klokov to beginners and intermediate lifters
lmao what do retards not understand about "brosplits aren't good for beginners or even intermediate lifter but could be good once you've reached your desired level of strength"
>>
>>41608379
nobody here will appreciate where you're coming from, because most people here have been lifting for 1-2 years tops and are still in the honeymoon phase
>>
>>41611849
>I literally Squat twice a week and Deadlift once

You're acting like this is nothing? Squats are deadlifts are clearly still a major part of your workout
>>
>>41612982
doing bodybuilding accessory work =/= doing a brosplit

which you would know if you weren't a little DYEL shit
>>
Where can I find good info on PPL/Split routines for someone who did SS but isn't interested in going to the powerlifter route that the sticky has? Clearly /fit/ isn't a good option since the only things discussed here are MUH SQUATS and various insecurities
>>
>>41612960
>for working your quads
But squats work more than that, including your core, hence they are more efficient. There is nothing wrong with throwing a bit of leg press in your routine (as long as you don't go too heavy and lock your knees) for quads gains but they shouldn't be the base of your legs routine
>>
>>41613001
see >>41612743
Also, this thread is about brosplits, not "bodybuilding accessory work" which anyone, including all of the guys I know who do strength training routine, who isn't retarded and cares somewhat about aesthetics does after their main lifts
>>
you retards understand that it isnt about the about a certain program, right? People training for "strength" have never played sports before, while living an active life is the norm for many people. Here are many new to physical activity, a whole new world opens up to first time lifters. Like teenagers, they immediately make it their identity, and condescension towards other lifestyles is a way to reinforce this new persona. Adults with the mental maturity of 15-year-olds.
>>
>>41612497
>Eric does MEME EXERCISES and drinks A GALLON AND A HALF OF RAW MILK while you fret over SPLIT PROGRAMS and jerk off to CHINESE CARTOONS
>>
I'm so conflicted on whether or not to keep doing squats. On one hand, I hate doing them and it seems dangerous to do them without a coach or trainer. On the other hand, functional strength etc.

Can someone gimme some advice?
>>
>>41613189

If you don't enjoy them don't do them desu

Going to the gym should be fun
>>
>>41613189
>I hate doing them
Then don't do them.
>It seems dangerous
Nope.
>I need muh coach to hold my hand.
Nope, get a mirror or a friend who knows what the fuck a squat should look like.

Don't like em don't do em. Not going to ruin your life doing them though.
>>
Bro-split IS shit though, unless you roid. Hitting a muscle group once a week won't give you shit for gains
>>
>>41613189
Do squats at a lower weight. Once you can lift the current weight pretty easily for 5 reps put on another 5 lbs next week. If it starts getting hard at all just don't add any weight until it gets easy again.
>>
>>41613009
squats work quadriceps as a prime mover, as well as glutes, some hamstrings (not as much as most people seem to think), and of course some spinal erectors and core

the thing is, almost all of these muscle groups are also trained with other lifts - a deadlift will hit glutes just as hard as squats, will hit spinal erectors and hamstrings much harder, also forces your core to contract very hard to remain stable, with the primary difference being that the knee extension occurs through a much smaller ROM so the quads are not nearly as taxed

if you were to replace both squats and deadlifts in your routine, you would have to make a significant amount of substitutions and changes, but if you are only replacing one or the other it's actually pretty simple to do so

replacing squats while still doing deadlifts: do direct quad work, maybe up the DL volume
replacing deadlifts while still doing squats: do direct hamstring and lower back work, also up the squat volume a bit if you can

so if the goal is only to train your quadriceps (because these other muscle groups are covered with other lifts in your training), there is nothing wrong with a direct quad movement like leg press or hack squat being the basis of your quad training, especially if your anthropometry makes you squat with a lot of forward lean
>>
>>41612716
For example, look up Sheiko. That program is high volume even by bodybuilder standards.
>>
The Internet has been great for sharing info. Unfortunately most people don't share pics, and everyone knows diet and genetics play roles, so people end up just going by how much you can lift on the big four exercises (muh 1/2/3/4).

SS is great for novices, especially 14-22yo skellys and girls, for the first 3-9 months. If over 22 male, prob look at SL or GSLP. But yeah, after a year or less, you will benefit from some type of split. People are too autistic these days in thinking one routine will rule them all. The best thing you can do is pick one, commit 6 months to it, then switch programs. Even if you're an experienced lifter on a bro-split, you can benefit by going back to fullbody3x or push-pull for a while. But there's more people who get married to SS and never progress, and yeah it's because of the internet.
>>
>>41613189
What do you hate about them?

I don't squat anymore. I deadlift and I do reverse lunges. The form on lunges is easier, so I do t have to worry as much about my knees and ankles, because it's easier to keep the shin vertical on them. I also don't do normal deads, I do trap bar or sumo, or rarely romanians for similar reasons
>>
this is so fucking stupid do people not think powerlifters ever do any kind of high rep assistance work???
>>
>>41613657
If you believe self-proclaimed powerlifters on the internet, they don't
>>
>>41612565
juggernaut beginners aka hypertrophy for beginners.
http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2016/03/07/considerations-for-beginners/
>>
>>41613154
he does a valid training programm.
>>
>>41613250
Fair enough. But if you can do both without any problems as most people can then I really don't see why not.
>>
>>41612565
Beginner:
3x fullbody a week
- Pull ups
- Benching
- OHP
- Bi curls
- DB Tri Kickback
- Squating
- Calf raises

Throw in some extra exercises at the end if you feel like that you haven't hit some muscle group enough, or do some accessory work once a week

3-4 sets of 10-15 reps.. Study concurrent periodisation and try to apply it

This was my routine 2 years back and it gave me proper strength base and also hypertrophy
>>
>>41608264
I don't browse fit and i'm not fit, i'm just here because i was watching connor murphy on youtube just now but i have one question.

What is a bro-split?
>>
>>41613839
a split for bros
>>
>>41613856
It's ok anon, google came through.
>>
>>41608317
>If people keep lifting they will outgrow the ss meme
When they outgrow the power lifting/ss meme, it's usually because they've injured themselves or are so dissapointed that they give up on themselves completely and leave.

Or worse they monkey branch to some other fad like crossfit.
>>
>>41608264
>Beginners are fans of beginners programs

You don't say
>>
>>41613042
Dudes who talk about strength training routine and bodybuilding lifts like they're two different things ALWAYS look like complete and utter shit.

The very idea that those are two fucking things is something that was considered insane before heavy gear use was introduced.
>>
>>41611313
Gonna need a tldr for the tldr
>>
File: 1495151800103.jpg (9KB, 219x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495151800103.jpg
9KB, 219x300px
only all of you faggot DYEL beginners argue about programming. Anyone with half a brain and some experience in the gym figures out how to listen to their body and form a routine with a workload and exercises that work towards their goal.
yes STARTING strength is advocated for STARTING lifters you retards who cannot grasp the meaning of the word STARTING are what lead to confusion. The point of the STARTING strength program is to learn basic compounds, teach your body muscle recruitment, and gain some STARTING strength. Hypertrophy routines are useless if you are a complete skeleton, good luck looking aesthetic doing 4 sets of 8-12 reps 25 lb. dumbbell press and 10 lb. dumbbell curls.
>>
>make a shitpost
>screencap it
>somehow this gives it authority

Nice. No one strong a fuck is DYEL btw.
>>
>>41612941
Never. People literally higher coaches to make sure they live properly.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>41614825
Ilya Ilyin and Dmitri Klokov

1st place 2014 World Weightlifting Championships, −105 kg;
1st place 2011 World Weightlifting Championships, −94 kg;
1st place 2010 Asian Games, −94 kg;
1st place 2006 World Weightlifting Championships, −94 kg;
1st place 2006 Asian Games, −94 kg;
1st place 2005 World Weightlifting Championships, −85 kg;

People are totally different. That WILL affect your performance, dont be delusional.
>>
>>41611283
Holy shit how long does this take you? Some people don't have the time to do 33 sets.
>>
File: 1494119345127.png (1MB, 862x725px) Image search: [Google]
1494119345127.png
1MB, 862x725px
>>41612627
Some people don't lift for validation and attention
>>
File: 1495694445146.png (73KB, 885x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1495694445146.png
73KB, 885x1075px
>incessant bickering about beginning programs stems from deep-rooted insecurity protected through elitist counter-culture sheep mentality
>/fit/ starts arguing about the benefits of SS

You guys are something else
>>
>>41613250
prime movers are quads, adductors and glutes.
>>
File: 990.png (184KB, 251x490px) Image search: [Google]
990.png
184KB, 251x490px
>all that reddit spacing
>>
>>41613250
also, you don't need lower back work to replace deadlifts if you do squats.
>>
>>41608264
This man has conflated sentances with paragraphs
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.