[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my mile time is 9:31 how the fuck do i make it better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
my mile time is 9:31 how the fuck do i make it better
>>
Have you tried running faster
>>
>>41605223
my deadlift is 405 how do i make it better
>>
>>41605264
bruh i can deadlift way more then that

idk how to improve cardio though
>>
>>41605223
Run 2 miles and try to complete it faster and faster then a month later run 1 mile and it will be a lot faster

My mile is 7 mins at 91kg so idk if u shud listen to me
>>
>>41605223
Get on the treadmill set a speed that is difficult but doable run one mile. Next week increase speed. Repeat
>>
>>41605223
Lose weight. Run farther.
>>
>>41605264
Have you tried running faster
>>
>>41605223
Do some hill sprints after your mile run.
>>
>>41605223
Drive a car.
Once you hit a freeway you'll be doing a mile every 50 seconds.
>>41605264
Use a forklift those things can lift a gorillion lbs.
>>
>>41605223
Try moving your legs at a higher rate than you currently do.
>>
>>41605223
run longer and longer

have separate days where you something different.

I'll give a weeks example. I used to do this schedule in high school. My mile time was 5:16, and my 3 mile was 17:45. Not amazing by any means, but I am sure that those would be acceptable to OP.

Monday: 8 or more miles, around 50% should be hills, remember to stretch.
Tuesday: 5 miles, easy, go slow and stretch
Wednesday: warmup 2-3 miles, 3 1 mile intervals. For the intervals go as fast as you can while keeping the 3 miles equal times. stretch
Thursday: same as Tuesday
Friday: same as Tuesday
Saturday: long run 10+ miles, try to include hills, long but normal pace.
Sunday: day off.
cont.
>>
>>41606387
cont.
On the easy days include some core workouts. Stuff like sit ups and planks. Before the intervals do 8 football field size sprints. Always remember to drink water, and to stretch often.

If you are doing wight training, then just run 4-5 miles on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Alternately you can just run 2-3 miles a day. If you are doing either of those, include 4 sets of sprints football field size.

Again, drink water and stretch. Most of the speed in the mile is going to come from being able to do the pace throughout the whole mile. As long as you have a good cardio, and do the sprints you will have the speed and endurance.

If you really want to go fast, do a warm up before the mile. 2-3 miles should be good.

lastly, remember to scale this to you. Start at distances you can manage. On Monday if you cant do 8+ miles, do 4-5+ on the rest days only do 3. But try to increase the distance weekly.
>>
This thread is full of idiots. You need to run slower to make your time better. Didn't your moms husband read you the tortious and the hair?
>>
>>41605223
Throw yourself out of the window.
>>
File: 1477727596082.gif (1MB, 242x270px) Image search: [Google]
1477727596082.gif
1MB, 242x270px
>>41606514
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.