[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you guys max out and shit? I've always lifted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault_1_large.jpg (28KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault_1_large.jpg
28KB, 480x270px
How the fuck do you guys max out and shit? I've always lifted with my friends, in groups of 3-4. How do those who lift alone do it? No spotter?
>>
>>41603918
in a power rack. or ask for a spotter you autist
>>
>>41603918
You ask someone to spot you
>>
give me one reason to be maxing out if I'm not competing
>>
>>41603918
I do more weight than I think I can do because I'm hoping I fall and the weight crushes my neck and I die but then I do it.
>>
>>41603918
>neglecting your autism gains

it's easy to bench alone you pussy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c5-DM0WLlI
>>
>>41603944
To see how strong you are? To be able to accurately gauge your 1RM for any program past SS? Fun?
>>
i have a home gym either bench inside the power rack or get prepare to roll of shame hard
>>
>>41603918
I nearly passed out under the bar last week, was my first time back at the gym in about a month, hadn't eaten much. Sucked but I kept the bar balanced on straight arms and breathed deep until I got my vision back and then finished the set anyway. And I have neither gym friends nor safeties. I'm a lucky bastard, basically.
>>
>>41603918
Nothing like that butt pucker when you aren't sure you are going to get the weight off your chest or not. Its like weigh lifting, but also a roller coaster ride of adrenaline.
>>
>>41603918
You should begin by stopping doing barbell benchpress if your only goal is aesthetics

As for dumbell benchpress, well just drop em on the floor when you've had enough and fail
>>
>>41603956
>just let the bar fall on your chest

gee what great advice
>>
>guy asks me to spot him
>think he's going to bench, say ok
>he proceeds to chest press two 80's
>struggles after a few reps
>I do nothing
>drops the weight, gets up and looks at me
>I go back to my workout

what the fuck did he expect me to do?
>>
>>41604775
He wanted you to do the dumbass shit where you tenderly come from behind him and caress his elbows and say all you bro all you
>>
>>41604775

>>41604775
I had this happen to me too. Guy asks me to spot him doing 90lbs db press. I really don't know what we should have done. I just grabbed his wrists when he started failing and guided him.
>>
>>41604775
Some muppet wanted me to spot him doing squats while he was in a power rack. If you fail, you literally just squat a couple inches lower than usual and then get out from underneath the bar. I'm not doing that gay crotch to butt squat spotting shit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.