[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 minute challenge. Possible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (96KB, 607x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96KB, 607x1080px
I am going on holiday to my place of birth (Macedonia), and they have this challenge where you have to hold onto a bar for 2 minutes straight (bar is rotating of course). Is this even possible to do? Whenever I search for this people mention it is a scam and so on, but surely, it must be possible even though it rotates? On a static bar this can be achieved easily, but because the bar is moveable, your grip gets fucked. Any tips on what I should do to win those fucking 50 euros and impress some wet twats?
>>
work on grip strength
>>
>>41603599
practice by letting go of a non rotating bar with one hand, switching between both. If you can do that for 2mins, you're probably good enough.
>>
>>41603599
lube up your hand so the bar rotates but your hand doesn't
>>
do you have to put your hands on the black strips? that's shitty
>>
>>41603742
god I love troll science
>>
File: pepeinterdesting.png (28KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
pepeinterdesting.png
28KB, 240x240px
>>41603742
this sounds smart enough to work!
>>
>>41603599

Have you never given a 2 minute handjob before?
>>
I'm trying to remember how long the challenge was that I did at this museum. Between 1-2 minutes for sure. The bar was rotating and wind was blowing on me.

I'm pretty good at pull ups/chin ups, I normally do sets of 20 if unweighted and I do weighted sets on the other days.
Anyways, I beat the challenge and my forearms were on fucking fire after that.
>>
>>41603755
No, you can use a supinated grip or whatever wherever you want.
>>
File: pepe70.png (13KB, 411x387px) Image search: [Google]
pepe70.png
13KB, 411x387px
why dont people just use hook grip
>>
>>41603767
Oh and the bar was thick enough that you couldn't wrap your hands around it. Slippery bitch. I think most of the pain came from having to take one hand off to readjust it.

So yes, it's possible and not THAT hard.
>>
I did something like this at a carnival once, IIRC it was 2 minutes as well
If you have to hold the bar in a wide spot like in the pic, do an overhand grip (I doubt they'd let you use mixed, as it would negate the rolling). Keep yourself hanging from as high up in your hands as possible without letting the bar roll (like a deadlift where you let the bar basically hang from your fingers instead of gripping it). My trick was to shift my weight from one hand to the other, so that I was mostly just hanging from one arm at a time with the other just holding on a small bit. Of course the carny may not let you do this.

It's hard though, I was lean and in good shape when I did it and my arms were screaming after a minute.
>>
>>41603781
Says you can't right there on the sign
>>
>>41603599
seems like it'd be easier if the bar is rotating out from your fingertips instead of in
>>
>>41603781
the bar rotates slowly so after some time you end up with your fingers up and your wrist rotated in weird position making it impossible to readjust hands
i tried once and failed but i think i could do it now with strategy of readjusting before your hand position is fucked
its kinda counter intuitive energy-saving wise but i think its also only choice
>>
>>41603804
Looks like that says no mixed grip

If you're good at hook grip I imagine that could make it easier, especially since the "trick" is to give you a thick-ass bar that destroys your hands quickly.
>>
>>41603804
Hook grip not mixed grip
>>
>>41603839
No point. Either you can do it or you can't.

I can do one hand pulls/chins, which obviously helped a lot during the readjusting phase and most of your weight goes to one arm
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.