[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ careers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 15

File: 2014-07-29-jobsearch.jpg (46KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-29-jobsearch.jpg
46KB, 950x534px
Working an office job makes me want to kill myself.

What jobs could I do related to fitness?

Thinking about becoming a PT because i have no qualifications nor do i want debt and the test is easy. Advice?
>>
Get a job as a mailman/postman.

Decent pay for a manual job.
Keeps you fit as hell.
No take-home stress.
>>
Network engineer

Losing my job in a month
Feeling alright and I've made peace with my choices
I will move on and find another job, I'm pretty sure I'm stepping down from this role and going into a role with less responsibility and less pay even
I'm rebuilding one day at a time
You can make excuses or you can move on and learn from your own past

Also yes, office job kind of sucks and I hate being in an office all day long, we also have a couple hundred in our building and it is tough to make friends with people who don't really work with you or your dept, most people in my dept smoke and don't really workout or live with the life goals of most on /fit/

>Sometimes its hard to be happy with people who smoke/drink everyweek and don't value fitness
>>
>>41597491
I work as an EMT, soon to be paramedic. I also volunteer with a fire department. While not fitness related, most EMS stations have a workout room, and I find that I do a lot of natural lifting and movement (vehicle extrications, cpr, fat people moving) and my calves and quads are well defined with only starting to workout 2 weeks ago. It's a fantastic rewarding job. Think about it.
>>
Do production at a tech company, I solder/strip/heatshrink ect. cables all day.

It's fun but it's pretty sedentary.
>>
>>41597531
Dude, iktf. I worked in web development for 3 months before they got rid of me (probably because i was so miserable it showed).

I didn't go to uni because I went straight into web dev. i thought id like it because i'm an introvert and i like sitting in front of the computer, but doing it for 9 hours a day was horrible. It got boring, my ass hurt, and my colleagues were unhealthy slobs who just drank and ate shit and made fun of me for not going out every night with them after work.

I don't know what to do now. I've been jobless for 2 months and i'm fucking having panic attacks because i have done nothing in my life and have no clue what to do. I just know i don't want to work in an office, because it gives you time to think about how you want to die, and humans weren't made to sit all day.
>>
Outside Sales is what I do. Golf at least once a week on company dime which is pretty nice. Sometimes play squash or racketball with potential clients. Travel a lot though, so that's meh.
>>
Im thinking about getting a job as a courier for the summer, what does /fit/ think? Looks like it might be a shitty job, but its pretty /fit/(riding a bike and carry packages)
>>
I like my office job. It's a nice contrast to the constant working out imo. When I am not at work, I am either shit posting here or doing some form of execise / sports, all stuff that doesn't really require me to think. At work on the other hand I constantly have to learn new stuff and solve new problems. Feels like a good mixture to me.
>>
>>41597560
How did you go about being an EMT, and then transition to paramedic? How are the hours and pay?

I'm currently an fmf corpsman for the navy, and all I want to do is get out and do shit that makes sense that doesn't have a fucked up chain of command. EMT seems like a chill job desu
>>
>>41597578
It really depends on the work environment. I used to hate office work cause the jobs I used to do all had so much down time. I was working like half the time and spent the other half posting shit here etc. while still being one of the most productive workers. The job was a joke, so i thought I just hated all office jobs. Now I am in a work environment where I actually work 90% of the time cause I have to. I gotta say it's pretty nice. Sure I still hate working ( i think everyone does) but it feels like I am only there for 2 hours a day cause I am actually doing shit. It's also not that repetetive, which helps.
>>
I work at a rock climbing gym. The pay is kind of shit but the job itself is awesome. I basically just make sure people don't do anything stupid and hang out with members all day. Plus free PT and membership and 50% off climbing and outdoor gear. Working there has actually gotten me more psyched on climbing and lifting too.
>>
>>41598264
>pay is kind of shit

But is it enough to live off by yourself? I realized I don't want a lot of money, just enough to have my own place and afford gym stuff
>>
>>41597491
Any nutritionists on /fit/?
Thinking of majoring in it would like to know how it is out there desu.
>>
Part time camwhore and part time bartender.

I'm almost done with nursing school, so I can finally quit this shit and get a real job.
>>
>>41598403
Yeah it is enough to lice on with a little left over for trips and going out to dinner once in a while. It helps that I don't really do anytging besides work, climb, and go to school.
>>
>>41598581
Nice, sounds perfect. How did you get into it? Did you have to do any certification?

Where is this btw, the US?
>>
>>41597491
Bamping for the personal trainer question. An UKfags PTing here? Is this job stable/worth it?

I've come to terms that I'll probably end up working low paid, random jobs the rest of my life. I really don't like "normal" jobs, makes me feel like my life is over.
>>
>>41597491
Idk but i work two part time jobs and make about 3k a month. I work at a gym and as a manager at a movie theatre
>>
>>41598174
I enjoy it. The supervisor that makes my schedule is chill. He gives me 2 12's and 2 16's per week. Keeps me busy. Paramedic school was a cunt but I'm on the last edge of it now. I get paid $14 per hour as an emt. Lots of places make less. I plan on making 17-18 per hour as a medic. I get yearly raises at the private company I work for, so guys working here for 20 years make upwards to $30 per hour.
>>
>>41599025
That sounds pretty alright. How often do you have time to lift?
>>
>>41597895
Bike courier is my dream job

>ride like a savage for work
>will most likely live with a group of other couriers
>cycling is fucking awesome
>gotta go fast

My town is to spread out though and being a courier is tough cause there isn't much need for them and anything that needs to be delivered is usually done by van/truck companies because it's always heavier stuff being moved across town.
>>
>>41598683
bamp

pls halp :(
>>
>>41599202
I go 3 days a week, Monday Wednesday and Friday at a gym. If I'm at work, not very often but my service is unusual for where I live. We do a shit ton of transfers so we're on the road most of the day. But that's also why I get paid what I do
>>
File: map_5b.png (29KB, 428x240px) Image search: [Google]
map_5b.png
29KB, 428x240px
>>41597531
Yeah tech can be unstable at times. Make sure you get good money for your work. Also changing jobs is a great way to get significant pay raises.

>>41597578
Go freelance man. Do great work and you will get great pay. Then you can work from home and set your own hours. Its dope.

>>41598260
You can definitely find work you like. I rate jobs on a graph between pay vs enjoyment.
The more pay = more abuse I'll take.
Currently doing a month long contract that pays $50k.

You all should strive to find work that pays so much damn money that you can free up time to do the things you love, while still being young.
My goal is to have a couple mil saved up by the time I hit my 29th bday.
Software/tech/sales/design/real-estate are the ripe with potential.
Become entrepreneurs my dudes.
>>
>>41600213
I dislike software and programming so I'm not looking to get back into it.

Do you have any tips on real estate? I have only about £1500 saved up (britbong) so I doubt it's enough. Don't know anything about it though.
>>
>>41600330
Where I live (Vancouver BC) real estate has been going up 30% every year for the last 5 years.
My grandma bought a $200k apartment a year ago, and sold it recently for $300k - tax exempt $100k profit.

So, I would say, get into real estate in a good market ASAP. But you need to make cash first (20% down).
For a $200k apartment you need to have $40k ready to pay down, plus savings if you are smart.
Focus on making more and more money right now. Take risks.
>>
>>41597491

Military. I've done everything from managing a barracks, being a dog handler, to being attached with various SOF teams and calling in air strikes on terrorist camps.
>>
>>41600387
I have no way to save more than around maybe £1000 a year, currently at least. damn it
>>
bamp
>>
>>41600213
>Network engineer here

I already took this job for a pay raise at this point they are trying to get rid of me because they hired me at a wrong time, I understand and don't hold any grudges. Things might be okay and life will be okay 50/50 but one thing I wont do is stress out about this any longer.
>>
>>41600485
Air Force? Sounds JTAC to me
>>
File: IMG_3978.jpg (886KB, 2320x3088px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3978.jpg
886KB, 2320x3088px
A security job seems very /fit/ oriented. That's what I do and I love it
>>
what are some /fit/ jobs a grill could do? asking because things like bouncer obviously don't apply to me.

im kinda young and small looking but really in shape. would PTing be the best option, or is there something else?
>>
>>41602221
Really do security job, most ppl won't even try to fight you and it's easier to reason when you're small than when they see a threatening guy
You get to walk a lot and manage your own time.
I've burn so far 1762 Cals and barely 1414hrs
>>
>>41602288
I am the least threatening thing on the planet though lel. If there ever was a situation i needed to defend myself in I would just fail and end up getting hurt

How would i even get hired?
>>
>>41602064
>ywn get raped by this qt for stealing a protein bar
>>
>>41602064
>Security
>Female
>on /fit.

Why can't I meet women like you

1. How long have you done security?
2. I'm guessing you're doing indoor and not outdoor patrol?
3. Do you have a lot of down time?
4. What are you working towards and are you trying to climb that corporate ladder?
5. Dressed the way you do, I'm guessing indoor security at functions and or corporate buildings.
>>
>>41602320
Convinced the chief I wont even need to send myself cuz I'm his at defusing altercations and prevent this thing's from happening
>>
I'm a paramedic and firefighter and an electrician for a large factory.

Electrical work is a lot more fit, though.
>>
>>41597491
Iktf
Worked as a programmer for 3 years before I couldn't take how fucking faggy the workplace and the career itself is.
>>
>>41598174
EMT currently, in a wildland FF academy and taking ff1 next spring. Going for medic afterwards.
feels good man
>>
>>41602413
What are you in now? I could only take 3 months, can't imagine 3 years. The bullshit put me off the entire fucking field
>>
>>41602362
1. How long have you done security?
About a year and half

2. I'm guessing you're doing indoor and not outdoor patrol?
Both actually but 80% indoor

3. Do you have a lot of down time?
??

4. What are you working towards and are you trying to climb that corporate ladder?
Well I'm also working real estate on the side, so whatever pays off better than

5. Dressed the way you do, I'm guessing indoor security at functions and or corporate buildings.
Yee it's a hotel actually so lots of talking with ppl too
>>
Been programming for a few years now. It's occasionally pretty fun, occasionally pretty stressful.

My ideal career is working from home on something stress-free doing something technical. I don't want to commute, I don't want to go outside every day, and I'd rather live on a small town, probably the one my dad's from and live closer to nature eventually.

I want to walk my kid to school, lift at my outdoor gym and do some cool stuff on my computer with a break to cook some good food and enjoy it with my family.
>>
>>41602454
I started a small moving company with my savings, don't make as much but I never have to write a line of code ever again so I'm happy.
>>
>>41602463
How'd you get into it? Any particular qualifications needed?
>>
>>41602583
Wasn't even thinking about it before the but a friend talked me into it and now I really love it. Almost broke up with my bf once cuz he wanted me to quit

60hrs power to arrest certification
CPR certification
First Aid certification
Clean background check
And pass drug test

That's it p much, shouldn't be hard if you've been a good goy
>>
File: ed0.jpg (88KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
ed0.jpg
88KB, 640x628px
>>41602616
>my bf
>>
>>41602616
You're in California?

60hr cert training

You have to requal every 2-3 years and pay the fee?
>>
>>41597491
Be a PT in the military, all the normal benefits plus your clients have to shut the fuck up and do what you say and there's loads of funding to go do adventurous training.
>>
>>41602652
You have to pay like 20 bucks every 2 years to renew it, if you let it expire you have to take courses and pass exam again
>>
>>41597491
Funny,

My back is getting all kinds of fucked up by standing up all day, holding heavy powertool always in the same hand and leaning in over cars (or into them at some crazy angle).

Just standing for long periods can cause APT and my 6-8 hours of shitposting after work is doing a number on my back muscles too.

I hate working at the autoshop and long for the day I can finally get a cozy office job.
>>
>>41602420
>>41602401
Im starting to think about EMT. I have studied programming and IT before and to be honest i dont like the idea of writing endless and meaningless code and drinking coffee with aspies.
I want to do something little bit more meaningful and meet good people along the way. But also i'd like a career which makes money and is not extremely stressful. Should i try it out?
>>
>>41597502
USPS CCA here

>No take-home stress
sure, but there's a fuckton of at-work stress. there's a reason why "going postal" is a meme
>>
I manage a stud farm and work with young horses and stallions. They can be quite tricky to handle especially when they're made up of 600kg of muscle and testosterone. I do a lot of manual labour and strength helps when one of those fuckers starts acting up. Broke my arm once or twice and a couple of ribs.
>>
I was always afraid of my life becoming like Office Space.

Its why I quit Uni and joined the military as an inventory clerk. Best decision of my life
>>
>>41602064
Moar
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>tfw you switch jobs from mail agent to stores clerk
>fitbit gains drop 10,000 steps
>>
military, almost any job in it will make you work out
>>
File: 3048432311.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
3048432311.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
>>41602362
>female
>>
>>41602666
I'm planing to get a security job this summer. Requirements and pay are small but i don't have much work experience. Is the pay good for you? What are in your opinion are the best places to do security?
>>
>>41598454
how much does the camwhore bring in?
>>
>>41597491
Fuck you I WISH I had an easy boring office job.
>>
>>41605573
grass is greener, i guess.

If you're an introvert like me and have to spend 10 hours in an open office with shit loud music, lazy fat colleagues who just eat and drink shit, and a boss that makes fun of all the clients we work for, it becomes a really unproductive and fucking horrible atmosphere.

You might like the ease of just sitting in front of the computer at first, but it gets boring fast. You feel like you're in a fish tank, watching the world go by outside your window, people moving around, and wishing you could do something else.
>>
>>41606435

>introvert thinks he's going to enjoy a physical/interactive job more

lmao

I worked jobs in a warehouse and in a hotel kitchen growing up, I relish my present day office job even if it gets kind of boring

dreading boredom/inactivity >>> dreading pissy people/constant interaction/physical labor
>>
>>41597491
Any trade like electrician, mechanic, welder, etc. Sitting at a desk being a pencil pusher sounds depressing and suicidal. However, using your hands to physically create/repair something is very fun, rewarding, and gives you useful skills.
>>
>>41606459
Seconded. I gave up my mechanic job and as soon as I get out of school I'm going right back into the same field if possible.

There are some real assholes in the manual labor jobs though sometimes so you gotta pick carefully. People who shit on each other all the time instead of encouraging each other will eat away at you.
>>
>>41606448
>dreading pissy people
I'd say over 50% of how enjoyable your job is comes down to the people you're around and their attitude. You could be a racedriver for a living but if your coworkers were negative pricks you'd want to quit.
>>
>>41606448
I find myself yearning for social contact rather than not when working in an office. I feel lonely even though i'm surrounded by people. I don't mind interaction, introvert =/= social autist.

>>41606459
True 100%. I felt like I was being useless doing programming. It meant nothing, it resulted in nothing. It's not true work (for me), because in the world it means nothing.

Doing something physical, you can feel that you're doing something. I feel like a lazy, inactive slob sitting in a chair all day.
>>
>>41606503
Exactly. My colleagues shouted "you don't drink?" with a bewildered look on their face and laughed at me on my first day, then every day after that. They also made fun of the young girl that was working there too for now drinking, after dragging her to the pub. Fucking hate the UK and it's ingrained drinking culture. I hate that you have to be an unhealthy slob to be accepted or normal in this society. It's why I want an active job, so I can actually be with likeminded people.
>>
>>41606607
>now drinking
not** drinking

She was only around 18/19 too I think.
>>
>>41606549

In non-introverted positions you are not going to get a choice and will be forced to interact, oftentimes constantly, and that will wear you down faster than the occasional moment you'd like to chat with someone

I'm an introvert and it wasn't fun, but go ahead and try it by all means, I know how people work
>>
>>41606628

also if you are in an office full of people and can't find one person you enjoy talking to or interacting with regularly there's a good chance that you are actually the surly problem and not the 20 other people around you
>>
>>41606607
>>41606619
Also was working in UK and got the same. There's definitely a hivemind where you have to enjoy football, clubbing, drinking etc. to fit in.

I assume it's the same everywhere in the world though. We're not as bad as the deep south in USA at least lol.
>>
>>41597502
You also get some sweet shorts to show off your leg gains
>>
>>41606639
I thought other people were douchebags for a long time then I was diagnosed with constant headaches and motion sickness since I was a child that made me irritable.

I never realised it wasn't normal because I'd felt like it for my whole life. Still have no solution but I can at least pinpoint WHY I feel like shit at the time and not blame people around me.

TL;DR sometimes it's you that's the problem and you don't even realise it
>>
Roof plumber, good pay and my OHP is pretty strong just due to lifting roof sheets over my head all day
>>
>>41606490
People taking the piss out of me is how I got /fit/, it'll either kill you or make you stronger brah
>>
i recently job hopped from a stressful shitty office job to a higher paying, stress-free office job

it's fuckin great
>>
>>41606738
I started 'cause my GF left and continued because I realised how weak I looked to my coworkers.

Nice to have made progress but I kind of wish I just wasn't retarded from the outset.
>>
>>41606639
while i know im a grumpy loser cunt, i dislike a lot of my coworkers because i feel like they complain A LOT and it annoys me like hell.

some of them are justified in their complaining because they do a lot of work, but others complain just about doing their roles as employees. plus, a lot of them make a good amount of money and still complain about stuff they knew they were getting into from the start.
>>
>>41606819
In my experience people who complain about their job are usually upset about other things besides the specific work they're doing.

I.e. coworkers, problems at home, in pain, have a medical procedure soon, other people being pissed off at them caused a chain reaction so now they're mad... etc.
>>
My back up plan is to become a ranger, which I'd assume would require at the very least moderate exercise. Probably somewhere in Colorado.
>>
how do you get a job

help

i literally have no talent or skill that doesn't involve moving weight in precise angles up or against my body and i have no college degree or certification of any kind

am I unemployable? it feels impossible to get hired
>>
Not a career, but if you want something on side side for weekends you guys should check out youth sports refereeing (or any sport I guess really)

I do soccer and it keeps me fit and you get to make people angry and get paid for it. I'll usually run like 3-4 miles per game and make $30-45 depending on age group and skill level
>>
Any /fit/ jobs (or at least active) a grill could do? i know security was recommended here but that doesn't sound appropriate for my non-confronting nature.

Was thinking PT too but it sounds like you need to market a lot and i'm shit at that.

The less qualifications needed the better. Other than that i don't mind what it is, just as long as I won't be TOO out of place (like construction lol).
>>
>>41607054
Clean your room
>>
>>41597491
web dev
i just do stupid shit like change the color or animation on shit like buttons

kill me
>>
>>41597491

Physiotherapist
>>
>>41602064
post pic of your face u fucking whore
>>
>>41597531
DevOps engineer here.
I'm also going to step down and get into webdev for a smaller company, just maintain and develop some templates.

the pay is going to be less but the stress will be non excistant and my life quality will be top.
Plus if I really want I can get into a side business and of course I have time to develop my own projects.

When I was a devops engineer all I had time for was working and stressing. my life sucked back then.
>>
>>41607284
Honestly, PT. Most chicks gravitate toward male PTs but there is a niche for the female PT you can tap into and the type of women you'll train will believe anything that comes out of your mouth becuase you'll be speaking from a position of authority and fuck knows women don't like questioning that.
>>
How difficult is it to find clients as a PT?
>>
>>41608776
No idea but one idea I've always tossed around in my head is if shit goes south with my gf, become a PT but also do courses in massage and cater to rich milfs whose husbands are away on business.
>>
File: IMG_20151030_211318.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151030_211318.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
Firefighter.

You get to use a gym at work and get plenty of time off for training. Perfect /fit/ job. Helps cure your autism too.
>>
>>41600330
Yeah you need quite a but more money than that to start in real estate. A lot of people see people making easy money in real estate but for people who have investments real estate is more of an end term goal. It's not a good beginning step to making money unless you have 100k or so laying around. If I were you I would just cut back on your outgoings and try and save up for 10k which you can invest in stocks and get a good return. That's what I did. After that point start a small business to make money on the side of your current work.
>>
Tfw office job slowly making me mad
>>
>>41608934
Firemen are great and everyone respects them, more respected than soldiers or police and most firemen are humble. Also you get to kick down doors use axes and play with big hoses- shit would be fun
>>
File: IMG_0268.png (24KB, 300x161px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0268.png
24KB, 300x161px
Spent a few years doing this during the recession. You'll get as fuck, and very lean while eating like a pig.
>>
>>41599025
Damn that's shit pay. As a forklift driver I make 19 an hour after a year and work 60 hr weeks
>>
>>41598683
PTs get lots of clients in the new year and in leading up to summer when people want to be "beach body ready" but apart from that most PTs will have regular customers until they reach their goal. Pay is decent but not loads (unless you work at David Lloyd or other upmarket gym)
t. Best mate became a PT
>>
>>41608934
How would you go about being a firefighter? That's something I want to do after military, I just want to know how difficult it is to get into it and how the pay and hours are
>>
I'm a boilermaker. It's a type of steel fitting. Done it for over 10 years now. Always have been fit and thin even when i dont hit the gym.

Made 188k last year :)
>>
File: IMG_20170519_120608.jpg (3MB, 2610x4640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170519_120608.jpg
3MB, 2610x4640px
>>41609490

You know it. Love smashing shit up so being able to do it with a degree of legality is a godsend.

>>41610041

Where you at? Depends where you are, think there's a bit more to it if you're a Yank but here in the UK it's pretty easy. Most services just ask for GCSEs in English and Math and a full driving licence.

Only problem is if you're outside of London very few services are recruiting, especially full-time rather than retained. London is the only service that recruits actively, and you've got to live within the m25 now to even apply.
>>
>>41606607
>>41606671
You guys not consider flipping to another Country? You could get out before brexit.
>>
File: media_xll_2714828.jpg (28KB, 510x288px) Image search: [Google]
media_xll_2714828.jpg
28KB, 510x288px
>>41597491
You guys are fucking autistic.

Go apply in the army, it's /fit/ and if you're smart enough you can become something great.

>but anon I don't wanna die
Kill yourself you're gonna die one day at least go out with a bang
>>
>>41610708
I'm only 19 and have no savings and no qualifications or steady job. I would 100% move countries though, if I knew what I would do there.

>>41610730
I would, but i don't want to fight for this country. It would also be my parents' biggest nightmare and i don't want to disappoint them more than i have already.
>>
>>41609826
is your mate freelance or employed in a gym where his clients are handed to him?
>>
>>41597578
Enlist
>>
>2 years in IT [dealing with engineers, I make shit and make sure their shit runs]
If I don't get at least a 25% raise within the next 6 months I will probably quit, reason being I know how much other people are payed, and I know full fucking well how easy their job is compared to mine, and also how most people under time at work while I often have to drop by on sat/sun for deployment shit.

2 years lifting as well, in 6 months I'll be under 12% bf [currently somewhere below 15% now, 4pack easily visible], with the recent rise in lifting's popularity in my area, and with huge gyms opening, I can definitely see myself applying as a PT. On the other hand, I know a little bit of Japanese, and nips often come here to learn English, but Japanese is fucking hard I will probably have to dedicate more than 2 years to be proficient at it.
Meanwhile Korean sounds super easy to learn, and it at least doesn't have as much as a fucked up writing system when compared to Japanese.

PT + ESL teacher, sounds like a very relaxing life yeah?
>setup a couple of routines (aka just alter existing routines and make people do them)
>setup one lesson plan for every semester or whatever, repeat forever
>write code for my own shit to keep track of every student making sure they're all making gainz and language gainz
>>
>>41611022
Where do you live bro?

I've been learning Korean for the past ~6 months. The alphabet is incredibly easy, it feels awesome writing something so different but so easy.
It isn't as difficult as I thought it'd be to learn. The grammar is very different to English, so it's vital to approach it as a completely different language rather than try to apply principles from other languages or translate from English to Korean. There are a ton of particles and the number system is a bit strange, but it's kind of elegant and makes sense.
Most fun language I've ever learned, and I usually hate grammar. 100% would recommend, ton of addicting dramas (lel) to watch too.

I would be an ESL teacher but I don't have a bachelor's and you need that to teach. Want to be a PT though, but worried about finding clients. I was in programming for a few months but hate it.
>>
>>41610730
>fighting proxy wars for jews and doing nothing with your life
Nice
>>
File: 1492673678280.jpg (447KB, 600x883px) Image search: [Google]
1492673678280.jpg
447KB, 600x883px
>>41597491
Carpentry and stone masonry, but any trade really
Great pay and always the option to go self employed and earn yourself true freedom in the countryside
>>
>>41597502
everything about this post is bullshit.... 15.75-16 an hour minus union and health insurance... your not even regualr even after 90 day probie peroid, have to work at will, 6-7 days a week almost 11 hours a day, have to scan constantly and be tracked, if youe too slow you get in trouble, if your too fast you get shit from everyone else...literally senority to make regular mailman even if you bust your ass for a year, two years the same game half assing it will get it before you by being on a list... have to come in at 7 am to sort mail, accountable for everything, they will fight you to not pay you OT.
>>
>>41611123
Flipland, where everyone else in Asia flocks to to learn English.
I graduated CS also 2 years ago. While I don't hate the job, I just find my boss to be kinda eh, I don't personally hate him, the way he manages just doesn't sit well with me.
I find the shit I do easy, I even have time to volunteer for extracurricular committees for events the company hosts, I really am just not payed enough to deal with my shit knowing full well what others are making.
On second thought, my company is actually a really great place to work at. Great environment, flexible hours, I can go in and out anytime I want provided I have no meetings, the works.

All right let's see, here's the full plan, I'll postpone the whole PT+ESL teacher thing for at least 3 years since I want to finish my MBA (company will pay for it), while learning Korean either on my own or in a class.
In 3 years, I'll look at my salary again and if I still feel like I could be making more for the amount of stress I'm dealing with, I will gladly trade off my office life with above average pay to doing things I actually enjoy with ok(?) pay, by this time I will look like a smaller version of Zyzz while being able to speak Korean<>English.

In your 6 months progress - are you at least able to read Korean newspapers? Self taught?
I'm going to start learning on my own, and once I get stuck or if I feel like I'm not making good enough progress, I'll try to look schools that offer Korean lessons. You mentioned Kdramas, I will probably have to get into that too if I want to learn how to properly speak like a Korean. Bropop/kpop seems to be very easy to get into, also, bonus points to myself for looking like Lee Min Ho.
>search for his height
>6'2
Fuck you /fit/ for making me so insecure about being 5'8.
Also tell me more about your approach in learning Korean, I'll check for your replies tomorrow, almost 12 midnight here. Thanks a lot anon. Try applying at gyms if you have the body! We're all gonna make it!
>>
>>41611393
I completely self-taught myself web development after high school and went straight into that instead of uni (britbong here). It was a mistake because the company was terrible, the boss made fun of his clients, and I just really hated the environment. It was so bad it put me off programming forever, and now I have no qualifications and still wondering what to do.

For Korean, I definitely recommend howtostudykorean.com. They are like an online textbook form, focusing on grammar. He only teaches you sentences if you can understand the grammar behind it. This grammar-first approach means you won't be able to speak as quickly as if you learned vocab or phrases first, but it gives you a very thorough understanding of the language rather than just mindlessly learning stuff. There's also a Memrise deck for the vocab used in the lessons which is pretty good.

I am 100% self-taught. I can understand simple things now, but lack the vocab (I should probably do more on that, that's my fault). I can also write simple things like 저는 밥을 먹고 싶어요 (I want to eat food) without consulting notes but if I have more notes I can write a lot more using past/present/future/etc. The conjugation is simple, there is no 1st/2nd/3rd/etc conjugation, it's all politeness levels which are simple. Similar to Japanese I suppose, but the alphabet is so easy that you'll feel like you're getting it much quicker.

Get into kdramas yeah, they're very fun and you'll learn phrases quick since they repeat stuff a lot. You'll learn to understand spoken Korean very well that way. I have a Viki membership and Hola extension for stuff blocked in my country. Viki is very cheap (around $4/5 a month I believe). You can find a lot of these dramas free online too, but the subs are good on Viki and they have this new thing called "Learn Mode" where Korean subs are on top and you can click words to have them explained.

continued in next post...
>>
>>41611597
It's becoming a popular language to learn so you'll find a lot of resources, no need to pay for any. Talk To Me In Korean is another resource but howtostudykorean.com is best imo, more comprehensive.

Having someone to speak to will help, I have no one lel since no Koreans live in London. But you can find language partners on apps like HelloTalk and Tandem. Classes will be good for that too.

>bonus points to myself for looking like Lee Min Ho.
You will be loved lmao, he is the most popular actor there right now

Sorry for the essay btw. If you have any other questions feel free to ask, I fucking love this language and can talk for days about it.

>Try applying at gyms if you have the body! We're all gonna make it!
Thanks anon! I will, I have no PT cert yet though. I might apply to be a receptionist/general gym employee at my gym since I'm a regular and they all know me. I don't know whether they'll take my unqualified ass though, and it'll be awkward if they don't.
>>
>>41611597
>>41611654
And just to add. That howtostudykorean.com website is split into units. Around Unit 2 is when you'll see a big jump in your comprehension. It's where they teach the ~는 것 principle which is essential. This is around lesson 26 (currently there are 133 lessons, enough for 2+ years probably lol). I'm on lesson 27 now.

Stick with the lessons even if you feel you can't understand anything despite studying for months. One day it'll just click because all the grammar principles tie together.
>>
>>41597578
>>41608183
>>41608536
I work at a dog hotel for $9 a hour. I basically sit around and hang out with dogs all day. It's fun. In my free time I'm studying web development and learning javascript right now.

I hope to be out of this job this year and into an entry level web dev job.. I live in Chicago

How did you guys get your jobs when you first started? Any recommendations on courses / books or advice you can give someone like me?
>>
>>41611776
I used FreeCodeCamp, which gives you a cert when you finish.

These guides are really good:
https://github.com/P1xt/p1xt-guides
Especially this:
https://github.com/P1xt/p1xt-guides/blob/master/job-ready.md

I recommend doing a lot of projects and adding stuff to your GitHub very regularly. Make a portfolio page and link to the projects there. The barrier for web dev is VERY low, just start applying once you have a few small projects in your portfolio and act passionate and enthusiastic. Having design skill helps

I recommend signing up to Angel List (angel.co) where startups can find you. I was found there like 4 times despite being a mega beginner.

Gotta warn you though, research into startups. It can be a hellish atmosphere. Open office sucks.
>>
>>41611814
Damn man thank you so much! I appreciate the advice and will certainly do more research into the startups I apply for. I'm gonna apply to Angel List now though so while I'm learning if anyone finds me that will be nice too.

I have a basic blog/portfolio site but no other projects yet and I'm still learning how to use git command line. But I'm getting there and your advice is really motivating. Thank you again for the resources man
>>
>>41603249
> Once or twice
How do you now know which it is? It's your Fucking arm
>>
>>41611654
>>41611689
>>41611654
IT is fun and all specially if you're in the field you want (i.e. I love engineering but I was too scared to get on it, so I went CS, but luckily my job is to maintain and enhance a system used in engineering change management, so I get to act like I'm an engineer), I know full well just how annoying it is to be completely reliant on clients in IT since there's so many freelancers that are willing to write anything for cheap.

Bookmarked all those links. I guess now I know what to do in between sets.

>You will be loved lmao, he is the most popular actor there right now.
Even here he's so popular, I quit TV and Facebook several years ago, so when some college interns whose contracts were about to end suddenly came to my cube giggling asking for a picture I was all confused, then one of them said I looked like that guy so I googled him, styled my hair similar to his (bangs and shit), and alas, I looked exactly like him with a couple of pimples, with the right make up I can definitely play as his double if I wore 6 inch heels.

>HelloTalk and Tandem
These two sound great, definitely adds motivation to learning.

Just try casually asking the guys in your gym if there's any available positions! It won't be as awkward as actually applying for a spot, and if they say nah then there's always next time! I'm not sure how you're doing financially, but if you really need a job now, you better start actively looking for one or at least make your way towards getting the job you want (get that cert! whatever it takes come on!).

Thanks for all the advice! As much as I really want to stay up and talk, I need to get off now.
>>
>>41611887
Duolingo is also coming out with a Korean course soon (but it isn't the best resource, though fun. Clozemaster is good for fill-in-the-blank type exercises.

Damn, if you go to Korea you'll get a lot of chicks I presume. If you have time for kdramas i recommend Boys Over Flowers, he's in it. It's absolutely ridiculous, full of cliches but addicting and hilarious just for how ridiculous it is. If you have a favorite genre I could give you some recommendations.

>I'm not sure how you're doing financially, but if you really need a job now, you better start actively looking for one or at least make your way towards getting the job you want (get that cert! whatever it takes come on!).
Have about £2k saved up, living with parents for now but need to get a job very soon. I have bad anxiety though and I'm worried about those practicals for the cert. High school was an awful experience for me so going back to classes scared me a lot. Damn it.

Good luck with everything anon!
>>
File: 1494368726301.jpg (94KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494368726301.jpg
94KB, 540x960px
I'm getting my bachelors in Computer Information Systems, but don't really know what I want to do with it. Anyone who works tech jobs suggest to me something that doesn't suck that I could possibly do with that major?
>>
>>41611883
Figure of speak you mongoloid
>>
>>41609491
>You'll get as fuck,

hmmm
>>
>>41610730
>Kill yourself you're gonna die one day at least go out with a bang

Lol I just know your IQ is below average
>>
>>41612763
Kek

You have no idea how above avrege I'm xD
>>
>>41602288
>>41602320
>petite women are great at security
I hope some meth head punches you both in the mouth while stealing lipstick.
>>
File: 1493908515307s.jpg (3KB, 107x125px) Image search: [Google]
1493908515307s.jpg
3KB, 107x125px
oh look the goy wants to make fun of the other goy because he has a job and they don't. hows it feel being a slave for a check

I'd actually have pity for you if I was capable of feeling such a useless emotion
>>
>>41610730
>calls others autistic
>promotes army
>>
>>41611776
I also work at a dog hotel, getting paid $10.75/hr. Did you just start out? I've been here for 2 months and this is the most boring thing I've ever done. Playing with dogs gets boring after 2 hours, and I'm here for 8 hours a day
>>
>>41613740
Are you guys really that autistic I need my footsoldiers we can't all be generals
>>
>>41602476
Same, hell I would take a 50% pay cut if they let me work remotely. No commute, could live where housing is cheaper so could buy a nice place on some acrage.
>>
>>41612432
Anybody?
>>
Dropped out of uni to start a company. Hoping it was the right choice and trying my best to make it work. So far it's been positive.
>>
>>41615321
What industry?
>>
>>41615333
The Scottish dairy industry
>>
File: guy_fieri.jpg (244KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
guy_fieri.jpg
244KB, 620x412px
>>41597491
Get a job in mickydees like me and the weight will just fall off you
>>
>>41612746
*fit* , got cucked by phone.

It's still a great summer job if you want a lot of cash in terms of tips. Just people get hurt all the time doing. Got investigated by OSHA while I was there, boss gave us canned answers.
>>
>>41614188
Nah I've been here for about 6 months. It's fun for me because I haven't had a dog in a few years. The place I work at doesn't pay us competitively at all.. the "senior" staff get paid $9.50 and have a whole lot more responsibilities than us regular staff. We also don't get paid over-time which is bullshit because my upcoming paycheck has 110 hours on it which I'm sure is illegal but it's whatever. I'll worry about that later. It's just more motivation to get a real fucking job and get out of cuck-wage slavery.
>>
>>41597491
>be programmer
>sit all day
>can't wait for the end of the day to work out
>want to kill myself everyday
>finally looses it, quit
>can't seem to find any reason to get back out here
I think I'm in trouble
>>
>>41618524
i have to be honest, with how much this board plays themselves up as alpha studs fucking tons of girls, being fit as fuck and partying all the time etc its surprising to see so many are computer programmers and engineers

i guess you are really just smart as fuck ripped rich studs
>>
>>41618607

Let's start this off: 4chan is a subset of the population that is largely white, male, of above average intelligence, and more introverted, predisposed to stem careers

/fit/ is a subset of this demographic: smart guys who are attempting to put on muscle to boot, probably trying to get women since they're lacking in the charisma department

so if you feel like smart guys who lift weights are overrepresented here it shouldn't be a mystery as to why: it was built for them
>>
>>41618645
just pretty interesting to see how the majority of this board is smart, rich, ripped and slays women
>>
>>41602064
E A S T P E N N S Y L V A N I A
>>
>>41600485
>POGs always bragging about nothing
>>
>>41618524
This is EXACTLY me

I haven't programmed in months because I can't find a reason to carry on, I hate it so much now. No skills other than that either lel, so looks like it's minimum wage for me.

Programming is dangerous to get into if you did it with no degree, because you can go from a very high paid and respected job, to nothing.
>>
>>41618769
>the majority of this board is smart, rich, ripped and slays women
/fit/ is probably the most attractive board, but i wouldn't say the majority is THAT well off lmao.
>>
>>41611814
>Gotta warn you though, research into startups. It can be a hellish atmosphere. Open office sucks.
100% this, startups are cancer
the boss acts like his company is the next big thing and everyone has to suck his dick
>>
>>41613631
>Pshhhhh.. nothin personell..
>>
>>41618769
Majority of 4chan are obese khv neets like you
wtf are you on about?
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.