[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Training for boxing tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: download (3).jpg (6KB, 304x166px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6KB, 304x166px
Whats up fags. Im just starting trying to get in boxing shape. Heavy bag is on the way currently doing 3 sets of 20 push ups 30 sit ups and 2 min of jump rope. As you can tell not in great shape any thing i should add?
>>
3 min on jump rope typo
>>
Go to a boxing gym, idiot. There is nothing you can get from heavy bag and body weight exercises that you can't get from lifting, unless you're receiving proper instruction and coaching.
>>
Don't know about any of you but I just started watching youtube videos to avoid injuring myself, then just try to reach 12 rounds on heavy bag/speed ball/shadow boxing everyday.
Best cardio tbhfamalambam, stopped running as well because I'm a faggot and I hate running, lost 5kg just a month in without changing my diet.
>>
>>41593755
Good advice. I do have a health condition that makes the times i can work out a bit sporadic. Would a boxing gym be able to accomdate that? I have a friend who has been showing me the ropes who has been boxing for 3-4 years.
>>
>>41593745
yes, no martial arts can save you from an opponent of overwhelming strength. Brian Shaw would destroy anyone in the UFC.
>>
>>41594134
please tell me your trolling Brian shaw would get knocked the fuck out
>>
>>41594183
>Brian Shaw steps into the octagon with Jon Jones
>Jon Jones sizes up Brian Shaw and begins testing his abilities
>Brian Shaw chases Jon Jones a little
>Jon Jones is now more comfortable and throws a kick into Shaw's abdomen
>Shaw's abdomen easily absorbs the blow
>Shaw grabs Jones upper arm, and Jones tries to uppercut Shaw
>With a sadistic grin, Shaw flexes his neck forward, his muscles overwhelming Jones strike
>Picks up Jones and throws him into the other side of the octagon
>Jones gets up wobbily
>Shaw clothes lines him into the octagon mat, knocking him out
Shaw wins bro.
>>
>>41594334
Or, ya'know, jones gets his chin knocked, passes out and looses. Or gets his knee kicked sideways by anyone who does tae kwon doe, and breaks his fucking knee ligaments. Or any variation of places that are good weak points on people.
>>
>>41594395
Meant Shaw rather.
>>
>>41594334
>>41594183
>>41594395

its a somewhat tough question actually. At 400+ pounds shaw can probably haymaker and maul anyone on the planet.

but Jon Jones is THE long fighter in the UFC. And on the ground that strength is not going to be doing anything without leverage.

so I'd say 8/10 Jon Jones pressures him, gets him to kneel, gets him to the ground and cuts him to ribbons with elbows, then chokes him out
>>
>>41593745
Go to a boxing gym. Nothing can prepare you for the pace of a boxing gym.
Your coach won't care if you're out of shape there. No one is.
You're just putting back your accustomation by "getting in boxing shape". You'll get there by boxing, and boxing alone.
>>41593819
It depends. Mine does courses at the same time everyday, that are not mandatory, if you have some check up at that time, find another gym.
>>
>>41593745
Roadwork (running)
Body weight squats
Core workouts (crunchies)
Really any bodyweight exercise.
Workout in 3 min intervals (one round)
>>
>>41594902
>And on the ground that strength is not going to be doing anything without leverage.
dude, Shaw can just bear hug the life out of Jon Jones.
>>
>>41593755
This.

My first week of boxing classes was fucking brutal in terms of my body adjusting to the regimen, especially with my calves.

Sparring sessions were also beneficial for my cardio.
>>
>>41595609
For me it was the left arm.
God damn those jabs were killing me.
>>
Can anyone recommend a boxing gym in Berlin? Really wanna get into it
>>
>>41593745
Running + Jump Rope + Pushups
Calves are key. Also you can't really learn anything without sparring.
>>
>>41594134
>>41594334
>>41594183
>>41594395
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wfcQVxV5Cw
Related
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.