[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

writer inquiry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

So I have a character who exercises regularly and eats healthy. I'd like them to look like pic related.
They care about being strong, just enough to stop somebody from backhanding them.

In the story, how many days a week and how many hours a day should they be working out to have this body?
Is it possible to have this body without going to the gym/lifting actual weights?
>>
>>41592528
That's not a good physique
2-3 days of lifting, a good diet, and 2-3 days of cardio would do it
>>
>>41592528
>that
>strong
>exercise regularly
Is this bait?

You can get bigger than that by masturbating on 4chan all day. Have him switch arms between sets.
>>
>>41592555
Oh it isn't? I want the character to not look especially impressive. Like as average as someone can look while still being strong.

What would someone look like if they exercised 5-6 days a week, 1-2 hours a day? No access to weights.
>>
You want him to look like he has the body of a 14 year old boy that doesn't lift?
>>
>>41592577
What does he do then? Stretches?
>>
>>41592574
nah man I just don't know shit about this. I just want a character who is strong with a non-threatening body. They exercise but don't have access to weights or a gym. They'd only be able to run or exercise at home.
>>
>>41592601
like, sit ups, push ups, jogging, stuff that doesn't involve equipment.
>>
>>41592604
How about this guy?
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 960x960px
>>41592617
>>
>>41592528
That body is very possibly without lifting, maybe for someone with a physical job, especially if he's short.

Otherwise somebody that just does calisthenics a few days a week with decent diet can achieve that.
>>
>>41592604
If you're going to the trouble of describing his exercise and diet regimen and you want him to be powerful but low profile, then just describe his physicality by his behavior or his posture. People will assume while reading that he's scrawny or meek until he does some shit and they go "oh yeah, he lifts 4 days a week and eats like an ox."
>>
>>41592608
See >>41592651
Definitely achievable by doing those things.
>>
>>41592669
I love this, this is what I need to hear. Thank you very much.
>>
>>41592669
>>41592714
but don't forget; show, don't tell. focus on the physical act he performs, and go into detail about that. later, add as a side piece "oh yeah, i do powerlifting in my spare time" or whatever it may be in like a casual conversation. that's just what i would do, tho
>>
>>41592528
Wii fit and maybe 20 pushups before bed for that physique.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.