[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CAFFEINE THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: caff.png (14KB, 512x497px) Image search: [Google]
caff.png
14KB, 512x497px
How often do you consume caffeine? How much?

Do you think it's worth taking tolerance breaks?

On one hand, it'd be worth it for that extra boost upon trying to break a PR or the day before an exam, but on the other, daily consumption seems to make me more functional, and not just because it alleviates withdrawal.

I never really felt that it was worth it to take a tolerance break. I did several, ranging from one week to one month, and the first one to three uses were extremely more pleasant, borderline euphoric, but after that, it went back to the normal level.

Sacrificing usage resulting in weeks upon weeks of increased productivity for an extra couple more pleasant uses seems to be not worth it.

Bonus topic: what is your preferred intake method?

Thoughts?
>>
tanked pot of coffee before gym today
got buzzy af in the gym and hit set of 20 squats

good feels
>>
>>41590456
A can of monster ultra 1-2 times a month. No need to take this drug any other time.
>>
Bump, curious about more answers.
>>
im at 600mg daily, for last 5 months - never been more happier, never been more energetic in every aspect of my life
>>
>>41590456

Caffeine won't help with your PR so much as allow you to do more reps before fatiguing.

Also:

~6-8 cups of black coffee daily
~a sip or two a few times a week

I've cut back quite bit now that I'm out of University.
>>
I use it as a prework out or in the morning if I can't get the day started by having shit sleep/ low mood.
>>
>>41591112
>Caffeine won't help with your PR so much as allow you to do more reps before fatiguing.

Oh, that's interesting. Must have been a placebo effect/mentality change then. Do you have some source, a paper or an article about this? I'd be interested to read on the subject. I'll google on my own if you don't know any from the top of your head of course.

What I read about, though, is that caffeine increases burning fat, if that's one's goal, through some biochemical action that I don't know much about, and that the effect is significantly increased if used before exercise. Might be more useful as a preworkout to increase energy used and help with leaner bulking/cutting fat.
>>
>>41591126
There are just days when I feel weak as shit, like I couldn't even open up a jar, not just lift heavy. Probably has to do with waking up in NREM, not sleeping enough, or weather.Caffeine definitely helps, but I'm yet to find some method to eliminate those off-days, no matter how much i eat, drink, warm-up, caffeinate myself etc.
>>
So the consensus seems to be that using caffeine daily is a pretty damn good idea, but I'd love to hear some counter-arguments too, if there are any.
>>
>>41591165
Don't have the link off hand but the gist of it is that most PR singles don't take long enough for neurological fatigue to be the limiting factor in performance.

That being said I did I quick bit of googling and there are a lot of people claiming that it helps (with studies to back it up) so as always with a placebo (or not-placebo as may be the case): if it works, use it.
>>
>>41591243
Alright. Exercise science has a long way to progress, so either side is probably just a "best guess". I'll try and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the reply!
>>
I very rarely have caffeine, but I smoke weed daily. As long as I don't get shitfaced and drink plenty of water I can stay awake and motivated for as long as I need to, plus I can do more reps and deeper stretches without the discomfort getting to me.
>>
>>41591165
>>41591243
Caffeine can increase your maximal power output, but you need to take a massive dose, i.e. 600-800mg. At that point it's not worth it IMO, since doses that large are dangerous and you'll be jittering like a hummingbird besides.
Multiple studies here: https://examine.com/supplements/caffeine/#hem-power-output
Some examine sprint times, some examine maximal lifts in resistance training.
>>
>>41591428
I would gladly do that dose before a huge milestone, like a 200kg deadlift or a 4 plate squat, but that's definitely a bad idea to dose that high weekly or even biweekly
>>
>>41590456
I only drink instant, and energy drinks. My average used to be 26 cups a day (fucked me up pretty badly, but exams fucked me more). Now i average 6 cups a day.

Highest I've consumed in a day was 2L of Monster Ultra, and 12 cups of instant. Ended poorly.

I would definitely say, as someone who was an addict of coffee (in terms of consumption, i drank them back to back), that a break for at least two weeks if you're like I was is pretty important, just to really get it out of your system.

I would suggest having AT MOST 3 cups of instant a day, or 2 cups of brewed. Anything below that or less frequently is probably even better.

Gif is me after drinking as much as i did.
>>
File: shiver.gif (59KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
shiver.gif
59KB, 250x250px
>>41591547
Gif didn't submit?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.